The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

98 views
WINTER CHALLENGE 2011: EARTH > 10.6 - Can't Wait 'Til Spring!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 17, 2011 08:39PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
10.6 Can't Wait 'Til Spring! Get ready for spring by reading a nonfiction book about gardening, a novel featuring a gardener, or a book with a flower (or flowers) on the cover.
Examples: Organic Gardening, Pushing Up Daisies, The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2) by Nora Roberts


message 2: by Kristina Simon (last edited Nov 21, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
These books work, too:
Frangipani A Novel by Célestine Hitiura Vaite The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen Shine by Lauren Myracle A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) by Debbie Macomber


message 3: by Kathy G. (new)

Kathy G. | 2073 comments Does the cover have to have "a flower" or is more than one or a bunch okay?


message 4: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Kathy G. wrote: "Does the cover have to have "a flower" or is more than one or a bunch okay?"

Ah, good question ;-). Flower or flowers on the cover.


message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7692 comments does this work for flowers on the cover?

Frangipani A Novel by Célestine Hitiura Vaite


message 6: by Felina (new)

Felina Does this work for flowers?

The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble


message 7: by mstan (new)

mstan | 876 comments Would this work for flowers on the cover - The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen ?


message 8: by Gayla (new)

Gayla Bassham (sophronisba) Will you accept this one?

Shine by Lauren Myracle


message 9: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (bjrose) | 822 comments Enough flowers on the cover here? A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) by Debbie Macomber


message 10: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Frangipani A Novel by Célestine Hitiura Vaite The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen Shine by Lauren Myracle and A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) by Debbie Macomber all work.

But, the flowers on A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) by Debbie Macomber are really tiny so please point them out (or say the book was approved in the help thread) when you post your completed task, BJ Rose. Thanks!


message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 133 comments Possession by A.S. Byatt Is that all right? It looks to me like the background is basically all little flowers.


message 12: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Cassie wrote: "Possession by A.S. Byatt Is that all right? It looks to me like the background is basically all little flowers."

Looks that way to me, too. Yes, it'll work.


message 13: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 903 comments The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry Will this be okay?


message 14: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Anomander wrote: "The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry Will this be okay?"

It will.


message 15: by Randi (new)

Randi (mrsrandimoulton) | 256 comments Would The Secret Garden work for a book about a garden(er)? Thanks!


message 16: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Randi wrote: "Would The Secret Garden work for a book about a garden(er)? Thanks!"

I seem to remember a gardener as a pretty major character in this book. Regardless, all the editions I see have some kind of flowers on the cover so, yes, it will work.


message 17: by Randi (new)

Randi (mrsrandimoulton) | 256 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Randi wrote: "Would The Secret Garden work for a book about a garden(er)? Thanks!"

I seem to remember a gardener as a pretty major character in this book. Regardless, all the editions ..."


Thank you! :)


message 18: by Fiona (Titch) (last edited Dec 06, 2011 01:17AM) (new)

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (titch) I have Honeymoon - James Patterson, would this be ok?

Honeymoon by James Patterson


message 19: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Fiona (Titch) wrote: "I have Honeymoon - James Patterson, would this be ok?

Honeymoon by James Patterson"


Yes, that works.


message 20: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments Would The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson work here?


message 21: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Would The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson work here?"

Yes, it will work.


message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Would The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson work here?"

Yes, it will work."


thanks


message 23: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 2110 comments Would this cover work? (Look in the upper righthand corner and the lower lefthand corner.)
The Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald


message 24: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
Deedee wrote: "Would this cover work? (Look in the upper righthand corner and the lower lefthand corner.)
The Blue Flower by Penelope Fitzgerald"


They look like flowers to me, but they're really hard to see. Please point them out when you post so DLMRose doesn't have to go searching.


back to top