Wonderstruck Wonderstruck discussion

Who else thinks this book is good?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 92 (92 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Olivia This book is totally awesome and I wish everyone in the world to read it!!!

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee it was different - I liked how he used both pictures and words to tell the two different stories...I was trying to figure out early on how they were linked

Ruby Oof. Incredible.

Jasmine very good. I liked Hugo more but this is a wonderful story too

Ruby Jasmine--I agree! But I loved the ASL stuff, I'm a little obsessed with learning it (am write now! Heehee)

message 6: by Alice (new) - added it

Alice I haven't read it yet but I want to !!!! It looks really good!

Terry I sure did. The two stories were woven together wonderfully. Here's hoping the Hugo film opening this week gives a boost to Selznick readership!

Cyndi This is a book that everyone capable of reading can enjoy. There are not enough superlatives to give it justice!! Asolutely awesome!!

Shula This is now one of my favorite books of all time. When I saw Ben in picture form I was like wait a second . . .
I absolutely love it!

Sandy Irwin It was fantastic.

Avery Great. Selznick uses the picture to tell one story and words for the other, unlike Hugo, where he used both to combine two lives.

message 12: by Jimani (new) - added it

Jimani I think that this was a fanstastic book. The illistator did a great job. I want to draw like them one day.

message 13: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara J It was great i just read and it was amazing.I loved that big paper city with a bunch of memories under certain buildings.

Sue Marie Love this book and how the stories intertwine. I think Selznick is a genius.

message 15: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby I met him. Teehee.

message 16: by Ruby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ruby Jimani wrote: "I think that this was a fanstastic book. The illistator did a great job. I want to draw like them one day."

The illustrator is the writer!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

AHHHHHHHHHH! loved it super maginificently love it!

message 18: by J (new)

J I think the book is awesome and definitely helps out high school teachers with meeting the tek of creative writing. This book lends itself as a great mentoring text to help students with creative writing. I would run copies of certain pictures in the story and the hand the picture out and have the students write their own creative story for it.

Grace Olivia wrote: "This book is totally awesome and I wish everyone in the world to read it!!!"

Ya, I like this book too. I love how the pictures tell a story. It was fun to carry it around and look smart!:)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I loved it. I know people are all, "It's a children's book because it has pictures in it", but it really isn't. It's a fantastic story for people of all ages. :)

Cyndi MJ wrote: "I loved it. I know people are all, "It's a children's book because it has pictures in it", but it really isn't. It's a fantastic story for people of all ages. :)"

One word: AGREED!

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Cyndi wrote: "MJ wrote: "I loved it. I know people are all, "It's a children's book because it has pictures in it", but it really isn't. It's a fantastic story for people of all ages. :)"

One word: AGREED!"

THANK YOU!!! ^-^

Carolyn I loved it soooo much!
I told all my friends to read it before the movie comes out!

Juliet Sampson Great book I really enjoyed Wonderstruck. Interesting story and beautiful illustrations.

message 25: by Gelo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gelo This was an instant favorite. It's just the way the story is told in pictures and words that is magnificently beautiful.

Lea Ann Yep. Love it. Hugo too.

Luella I just finished reading this book. I loved it and I loved the illustrattions which told a story also.

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma I got it for Chirstmas, but I haven't read it yet. I've read The Hunger Games books instead.

Olivia Ya I heard the Hunger Games were really good...

Kayla I read it all in one day

Dorothy Loved this book, loved the concept of pictures and story running side by side and how they connect. The drawings are wonderful.

message 32: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa OMG! this book wuz awesome!

Caity I WUV THIS BOOK!!!!! :D :D :D VERY well written

message 34: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa i like the pics. from her side of the story

Caity yes! I love how he was able to get across they were deaf SO well!

Artimis this book.....YA ITS AWSOME, best book ever read

Caity lol :D

Caity did u read his book about Hugo Cabret???

Artimis no, but i wan to,:D

Caity oh you MUST! it was SO good!!!!!! I read it in a day!!! and, like it rarely is, the book was better than the movie. lol
I hope they make a movie, though, about this one. :)

Travis I read Wonderstruck first and then read Hugo. I loved both stories but of the two, Wonderstruck was my favorite. Selznick is awesome! I highly recommend those who haven't read both to do so. They are beautifully written and the accompanying artwork make these books unique and special. I own both and it so cool to share these with my daughter. She loves them as well.

message 42: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie I totally loved this book. It wasn't quite as good as Hugo but it was still really good.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Stunning book to say the least. Love how the two stories collide,one in pictures and one in words. This book is unique and unlike anything I have ever read. A must read for fans of Hugo!

Chandana I really enjoyed the book. With Rose's story told through wonderful and original pictures, and Ben's story with words, this is a must-read for all of Hugo's fans. Read this book for sure!!!!!

message 45: by Isa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Isa i nearly fell asleep to the sound of the words being said...

message 46: by Dani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani Sue Marie wrote: "Love this book and how the stories intertwine. I think Selznick is a genius."

Couldn't agree more! I think this book (along with Hugo Cabret) are true works of art! His style is unique.

Caity Dani wrote: "Sue Marie wrote: "Love this book and how the stories intertwine. I think Selznick is a genius."

Couldn't agree more! I think this book (along with Hugo Cabret) are true works of art! His style is..."

absolutely!

Claire Read. This and Hugo they are both amazing and you can't compare them to any other books. They have amazing pictures and Brian Selznick is just a really good storyteller

Caity I think I liked.......I can't decide which I like better! XD lol

Chandana It's kind of sad though. I can't imagine being deaf and having to learn sign language. It's just too complicated.

« previous 1