Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Forbidden Mind (Forbidden, #1)
This topic is about Forbidden Mind
Book Issues > Please Combine Books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evolved (new)

Evolved Publishing (evolved_pub) | 6 comments We need a little help, please. Can someone combine the 3 books listed for "Forbidden Mind (Forbidden #1)" by Kimberly Kinrade? We're the publisher, but we don't yet have the ability to combine books. Thank you.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Could you post a link here please?

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments The link is in the title

They are combined, there are 3 editions, Kindle, ebook and paperback

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry my computer is acting up it wouldn't let me use that link.. :/

message 5: by Evolved (new)

Evolved Publishing (evolved_pub) | 6 comments Hmmmm, perhaps I misunderstand the concept of "combining." I'll do some more digging.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41663 comments Mod
Evolved, since there can be many different editions of a book, each having its own ISBN or ASIN, we have built a feature where the various editions can be combined. This provides the advantage of aggregating all the reviews and statistics for this combined “work”. Your book now has its editions combined, and all statistics and reviews can either be seen for the work as a whole, or for each edition individually. The most popular edition of each work shows up on the author's page. If you then follow the link to the book's information, additional editions can be found on the top right.

message 7: by Evolved (new)

Evolved Publishing (evolved_pub) | 6 comments Thank you. Is there a flag somewhere that tells us they're combined? When I go to the item, it still shows the "combine" button. I can click on the multiple versions and see that the review numbers are identical, so I know that way. Just seems like the "combine" flag should change. Not a big deal.

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The combine button will always be there, because there could always be another edition that needs combining.

message 9: by Darlene (new) - added it

Darlene (dar49) | 6 comments I never know exactly where to put these requests. But I am reading a Kindle version of a book. It isn't listed. So here is the Amazon link of the Kindle edition: http://www.amazon.com/Petrows-Complet...

Thank you for all your hard work!

message 10: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments This is your edition I think - searching by the AISN given in the Amazon link gives this edition

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

message 11: by Darlene (new) - added it

Darlene (dar49) | 6 comments OMG! That was fast! Thank you!

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

And now it's combined with the paperback and hardcover editions.

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7027 comments IT was already on GR - it was added in June 2011

message 14: by Darlene (new) - added it

Darlene (dar49) | 6 comments I guess when I won it from First-Reads it didn't have the extra editions yet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

message 15: by Roger (last edited Nov 17, 2011 11:52AM) (new)

Roger Stelljes (rogerstelljes) | 1 comments I combined my books for both "Deadly Stillwater" and "The St. Paul Conspiracy". Unfortunately the hardcovers are out of print but that is what shows up first. Is there a way to have the ebook version be the dominant version? Also someone added another book without a cover under my name -- looks to be a duplicate for Deadly Stillwater...

message 16: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

It's not a duplicate; it's the Nook ebook edition. I combined it with the other editions of that work.

The most popular edition of each work (i.e., the one the majority of users have shelved) shows up on the author's page. There is currently no way to change that.