Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Once Upon A Time

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Who else is totally into this series? It can't just be me. I'm totally in love with Prince Charming and I love how they're twisting the tales.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I haven:t watched it yet but I have them recorded to!

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments My youngest doesn't let me use the TV much, but I really wanted to see it.

message 4: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 31 comments I adore this series. Very awesome!

message 5: by Jmckee69 (new)

Jmckee69 (jmckeebookworm) | 29 comments Stephanie wrote: "Who else is totally into this series? It can't just be me. I'm totally in love with Prince Charming and I love how they're twisting the tales."

I love this show too, i even have my mom watching and she hates fantasy stuff. I am also totally into Grimm.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Mlpmom, you have to catch up so you can discuss.

Alana, hope you get to see it.

Beckie, who's your favorite character so far?

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I'm still not sure about this one and haven't watched the recent one but have it on my DVR so I will. I wasn't in to it at all until the third episode. I like the new show Grim better.

message 8: by Beckie (new)

Beckie (chikittie) | 31 comments Stephanie wrote: "Mlpmom, you have to catch up so you can discuss.

Alana, hope you get to see it.

Beckie, who's your favorite character so far?"

I would have to say Snow and Emma.

message 9: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 0 comments I watched it for the first time last week. I turned it on about halfway through the show, but I liked the part I saw. I'll have to watch it again this week.

message 10: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 3 comments it surprises me that season one has twenty two episodes. I am looking forward to seeing how they expand the plot

message 11: by Tanecia (new)

Tanecia  (books101) It's awesome! I like the twist their putting on the characters too and I also like how their trying to incorporate the other fairy tale characters and their story and not just focus on snow white all the time. I like this series!

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Jmckee69 wrote: I love this show too, i even hav..."

I'm watching Grimm too, but I have to catch up on On Demand because we already record Supernatural and Fringe at the same time. and I'm not giving up my Winchester boys or Peter Bishop. nuh uh.

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Nici wrote: "it surprises me that season one has twenty two episodes. I am looking forward to seeing how they expand the plot"

I'm really hoping they've got a good handle on the story so they don't screw up.

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Sheri wrote: "I watched it for the first time last week. I turned it on about halfway through the show, but I liked the part I saw. I'll have to watch it again this week."

you really need to see episode two, I think that was the one that really drew me in.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments I Love LOVE LOVE this show! it's so unique, well written and well acted. I adore Prince Charming, I don't think he's all that hot but he just has "it" that makes me love him and want to stare at him. the only thing I don't like about it is how old Jennifer Morrison (Emma) looks with blonde hair! still, I can't get enough of this show!!!!

Alexis *Reality Bites* (aim2) | 6 comments I am sooo in love with this show!! Once Upon a Time!! Henry and Emma 2gether trying to save the town adorable!!:)

message 17: by Mel (new)

Mel (soireb) | 61 comments Well. you are not the only one, i love it and i can't wait for the next episode!!!

message 18: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I love it! Sucks that it won't be on this weekend :(

Jessica *The Lovely Books* (jessybabe) | 30 comments This is a great series! Has anyone seem Grimm? Personally I don't think it's as good as Once Upon A Time but it's still interesting!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I kind of like Grimm better but giving them both a chance.

message 21: by Nici (new)

Nici (queennici102) | 3 comments Why wont it be on this weekend?

message 22: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I don't kow, but the preview after the show sent in two weeks. so that usually means they skip a week. This time of year is really bad with that.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I love this series. My whole family watches it together. That includes my hubbie and my three boys 14, 12 & 7.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wardhaugh | 22 comments I like OUAT enough that I'll buy it on DVD when it comes out. I haven't watched it beyond the first episode so I can see it without the week-long (or longer) breaks between. Grimm isn't as well written. The cop is cute but a bit of an idiot. What kind of cop leaves doors open and unlocked so someone can sneak in after him? I still like the premise enough that I watch it each week. I'm seeing some improvement. I suspect the second episode may have caught some heat from Native American activists.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: (vanesmate) Jessica wrote: "This is a great series! Has anyone seem Grimm? Personally I don't think it's as good as Once Upon A Time but it's still interesting!"

Iv been meaning to watch Grimm!

message 26: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments What night is Grimm on?

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Michelle wrote: "I love this series. My whole family watches it together. That includes my hubbie and my three boys 14, 12 & 7."

My hubby and I watch it together, but mainly he sits there and rolls his eyes. I'm threatening to banish him if he doesn't stop.

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "What night is Grimm on?"

Friday but it's up against Fringe and Supernatural so I have to catch it on On Demand.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Stephanie wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I love this series. My whole family watches it together. That includes my hubbie and my three boys 14, 12 & 7."

My hubby and I watch it together, but mainly he sits there and rol..."

Mine would kill me for saying so but he loves it. He actually looks forward to it.

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments I loved how they brought Maleficent in and wove in Rumplestiltskin. Very creative.

message 31: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments Thanks Stephanie! I will have to check it out.

message 32: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) Stephanie wrote: "Nici wrote: "it surprises me that season one has twenty two episodes. I am looking forward to seeing how they expand the plot"

I'm really hoping they've got a good handle on the story so they don..."

Considering it is created/produced by one of the guys who did LOST I doubt they'll screw the story up.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Okay you guys are really making me want to watch it now! :p

I think this weekend I will get all caught up on it.

I do like Grimm, a little scary though (not scary as in nightmares, just some of the creatures are freaky looking).
I agree that the cops doesn't seem that smart sometimes but I love his wolf side kick, he is awesome!

message 34: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 0 comments I loved Grimm! You should all watch that! Great twists on fairy tales...

message 35: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "I love it! Sucks that it won't be on this weekend :("

WHAT!! oh, that does suck. Guess I can catch up on the three Ancient Aliens episodes clogging my DVR.

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Carney I love it!! It's very whimsical.

message 37: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments Whimsical is a good word for it, Mandy. but it's also very real and I love that mix.

message 38: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Avis | 1 comments I love this series. I was hooked from the first episode. I like how it keeps your attention by switching to real and to fairy tale. I also like how all the characters are woven into real life.

message 39: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (stephanie_julian) | 108 comments did anyone read the new Entertainment Weekly? the creators answer some questions about the show.

message 40: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (dwinje) | 277 comments I'm totally into this show! We don't watch a lot of TV and in between the two series we watch a year (Trueblood and Game of Thrones) this is my 'new thing'.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I finally watched the first one and really liked it! I need to watch the other three now to get all caught up.

message 42: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 429 comments the sheriff made people's sexiest man issue in the sexy at any age section!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Captain Hook is my favourite. :)

message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Wheeler | 385 comments I really enjoyed it until this last season. It got repetitious for me.

message 45: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Jackson (sjjackson) | 31 comments I watched it faithfully but then I missed a few shows (I guess two seasons ago now) and haven't watched it since. I would like to go back though and see what I missed.