Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

11/14 Lift your book a little higher. I can't see what you're reading!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey I've got The Sealed Letter and When She Woke going, but I'll have a house full of friends and family starting tomorrow until after Thanksgiving! I know I'm not going to finish either of these until after the holiday.

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey It would be nice if I posted this in the right folder. AND I've already had my coffee, I have no excuses.

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline  (caro7) I'm reading Never Let Me Go. So far so good.

message 4: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I'm still working on The Thirteenth Tale which I'm enjoying and wondering why I am here instead of reading!!

Also started In the Belly of Jonah very fun read!

Listening to Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption and like it very much but wonder as I always do should have I really read this. Help me retain facts, easier to flip back, and there are probably pictures in the book!!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Gretchen wrote: "I'm still working on The Thirteenth Tale which I'm enjoying and wondering why I am here instead of reading!!

Also started In the Belly of Jonah very fun read!

List..."

I HAVE to read Unbroken! Now that I know it's a picture book.... I felt like I was making a dent in my TBR, but not so much.

I have 13th Tale on my keeper shelf because I thought I needed to read it again. Have you ever felt like you weren't in the right mood when you read a book and didn't get as much out of it as you could/should have?

message 6: by Dannielle (new)

Dannielle Insalaco | 51 comments I'm reading Linger...it's 2nd in a trilogy...very good so far. I also finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Little Children which was excellent.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 157 comments I'm still reading If Not Now, When? by Primo Levi which I hope to finish this evening and How Gods Bleed by Shane Porteous, another I hope to finish some time tonight. After that I don't know what to read next but think I may need something from the lighter reading category.

message 8: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I finally, finally have the chance to get to the library today. I hope I find something good on the New Book shelf because having nothing to read at home is just unacceptable.

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Stacey wrote: "Gretchen wrote: "I'm still working on The Thirteenth Tale which I'm enjoying and wondering why I am here instead of reading!!

Also started In the Belly of Jonah very fu..."

I truly believe there is a right time for every book. Always put a book back for another time if it's not working for me.

message 10: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Vicky wrote: "I'm reading Secret Daughter. It is good so far. I have been in a very bad reading rut this last couple of months. I just haven't been enjoying the books I have picked to read. I ..."

Vicky wrote: "I'm reading Secret Daughter. It is good so far. I have been in a very bad reading rut this last couple of months. I just haven't been enjoying the books I have

Hate when that happens hope you find something soon that gets ya going again.

message 11: by Annika (new)

Annika Ooo - I loved A Redbird Christmas:)

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissa419) | 123 comments I'm reading Wonderful Tonight and next up is Skippy Dies.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (squirrelsend) I am reading Spilling the Beans by Clarissa Dickson Wright i started it at about 3ish this morning and I am loving it!

Also started Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? this morning too for sci fi book club but got bored on chapter 3!