Vampire Book Club discussion

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)
This topic is about Red-Headed Stepchild
Group Read > Group Read: Red-Headed Stepchild (Spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (VampireBookClub) | 76 comments Mod
Have you finished the November Group Read Red-Headed Stepchild? Want to gab about Sabina, Giguhl, vampires and mages?

I do, too. Use this thread to talk about your favorite parts, anything that was WTF (fairies!?) and more.

Elise (RedEntrapy) Sabina can kick ass even without her gun. WOOT!! Still she won't live long if she forgets her gun every time something good happens. Can't wait to find out who the mage is.

Elise (RedEntrapy) OMG!!! Gighul as a cat is the funniest thing in the world. I am in total hysterics on almost ever scene that involves him.

message 4: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Elise - It's hard not to fall for Giguhl. So, so funny.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments I really appreciated the humor in this book. It's really difficult, I think, to write funny scenes. Sometimes they don't translate well, but Jaye Wells really did a good job. Giguhl is hilarious!

Elise (RedEntrapy) I agree. Also why o why do these authors always make the bad guy so gorgeous damn if only he were a good guy, I'd do Clovis. Though he totally creeps me out. So in this case maybe not. Still he is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!

message 7: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Elise - That just made my day. "I'd do Clovis."

The appeal is definitely there what with the hyper sexuality the guy oozes.

Elise (RedEntrapy) Though I'm liking Adam more and more as the story goes too. And he is a good guy so no guilt in having fantasies about that one. :P I hope Sabina gets the stick that is up her butt out and just trains her magic and meets her family already. I mean she has total proof that the Dominae lied and betrayed her and she's still trying to deny it. *sigh* Woe is me. I hope she learns to be her own person at some point.

Elise (RedEntrapy) Ok. Finished it. The ending was screwed up man. How can your own family do that to you..? Still I hope her sister is as kick ass and cool as she is. I also hope that the budding romance between her and Adam goes somewhere. I am so glad Gighul got a piece of the action at the end and took care of that son of a b***h Clovis. Holy shit her fight against the Dominae was also total kick a**. Can't wait to read the next one.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

i love gighul!!!!!! the awesomest demon in the world!!!! its just so funny when all this stuff is happening and he's just sitting on the couch ordering stuff and maxing out sabina's credit card.