You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > What are your reading goals for the Dec 2011 TBR Toppler?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Are we supposed to pick out what we are going to read ahead of time?

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments I'm still trying to calculate exactly how much I can read in (nearly) 24 hours.

I haven't really thought about what I'm going to read, I'll probably pick something a bit closer to the date!

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Ideally I'd like to clear out some of the titles I've been 'currently reading' for ages.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) I'm undecided, whether to try and read a cozy mystery in one weekend, pre-read the first couple chapters of books from my "2 read or not to read" shelf, or dig into a chunkster for December.

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48767 comments I'm still figuring out how I'm going to fit my November reads into what remains of the month. Sheesh! It feels like it's already over, and it's only the 13th.

I should try to read December 6 and knock one more off of my Yearly Challenge. But, I'm not making any promises.

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments Uhmmmm, hadn't really thought about this yet. Think it might depend on what I'm reading at the time and how far through it I am but I do want to get stuck into the Sandman graphic novels a friend of mine gave me as I have all seven volumes so I might save them for this :-)

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Janice wrote: "I'm still figuring out how I'm going to fit my November reads into what remains of the month. Sheesh! It feels like it's already over, and it's only the 13th.

I should try to read [book:December..."

Oh November challenge. Forgot! D'oh!

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Judy wrote: "Hopefully, you'll be able to keep the sandman away while you are reading, Sam....LOL!"

Oh Judy *shakes head*, couldn't help yourself, could you? ;-)

message 9: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48767 comments Ha!

message 10: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Judy wrote: "Karendenice (btw, aren't you proud of me, I'm spelling your name right? hehe). You can do whatever you want. There's nothing mandatory. I just know that some members were already thinking about wha..."

Thanks Judy. I agree about it being fun to see what people are going to read ahead of time. I guess I'll have to sit down and really look at my books to see what I can read.
Someone mentioned something about reading a cozy, I think that's a great idea. Maybe I can get a few of those read that I've been wanting to read for a while. But then again it might be fun to get a 5star rated book from someone that you share the same tastes and try to finish that one. I guess I'll have to put my thinking cap on. :)

message 11: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice And Judy, your so funny. You did get my name right! :)

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue Might be nice to read some more classics like Cather, Austen, dickens, James,etc, mixed in with some quicker mysteries and current fiction.

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments Judy wrote: "Hopefully, you'll be able to keep the sandman away while you are reading, Sam....LOL!"

Hahahahaha! Lets hope so Judy!

message 14: by Jane Reads (new)

Jane Reads Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson I didn't participate in the October Reading of Before I Go to Sleep, but instead put it on my TBR shelf.

I reserved it at the library, and got it on Nov 9. I haven't started it before now because I figured I won't want to put it down.

I will read it for the read-athon, because a suspenseful page-turner will be just the thing for this.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 2033 comments I'm going to either try and finish The Godfather by Mario Puzo or read The Snow Bride by Debbie Macomber A Virgin River Christmas (Virgin River, #4) by Robyn Carr and maybe another book. But I'm fickle so that'll probably change. I'm so glad I decided to join :)

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48767 comments I'm going to read December 6 and The Snow Whale.

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48767 comments I hope it's a page turner. It sounds like it could be.

message 18: by Sue (new)

Sue I'm thinking of reading a few shorter books. I have some books of poetry and short stories I want to read. They are ones that I will give to the library if the aren't keepers. Then I have a list of 6 or 7 more items, paper and ebooks, that I'm thinking of. Of course I have a few hundred more than that in total.

message 19: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Judy, where do we post the books that we are going to read? Here? Also can we pick out a few and then if we decide that we don't like them g on to a different book? And what time are we starting this? I live in Texas.

message 20: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48767 comments It starts at 8:00 in the morning for me. I am not a morning person and will likely need a pot of coffee all to myself.

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments Janice wrote: "It starts at 8:00 in the morning for me. I am not a morning person and will likely need a pot of coffee all to myself."

Gutting, think that may need to be a very large pot of coffee too!

message 22: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Janice I'm going to need a lot more than one pot of coffee! :D

message 23: by Karendenice (new)

Karendenice Ok, I'm not sure that I'm doing this in the right place or not, but, here goes. I have chosen 6 books for this challenge. Better safe then sorry and run out. :) The only one that I've already started is The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood which I'm half-way through. The other 5 are:

Forbidden Mind (Forbidden, #1) by Kimberly Kinrade One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Crewel World (A Needlecraft Mystery, #1) by Monica Ferris Eragon (Inheritance, #1) by Christopher Paolini Courageous Novelization by Randy Alcorn

If I've posted this in the wrong place, anyone, please let me know. :D

message 24: by Mikki (new)

Mikki I'm going to be finishing up [Book: Still Alice], reading a few shorts from [Book: The Art of the Story: An International Anthology of Contemporary Short Stories], and then [Book: To Each His Own].

See you in a few hours!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.