Cover 2 Cover discussion

Maze Runner Thoughts > James Dashner

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Does anyone know James Dashner for writing other books? Or anything to keep in mind while we read the book, like how he writes from other books or this series if no one posts any spoilers

message 2: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 172 comments I've never read anything by him, but wikipedia says:

James Dashner is an American author of children's fantasy series and adult books, including The 13th Reality series[2] and the Jimmy Fincher Saga. His novel The Journal of Curious Letters was chosen for a 2008 Borders Original Voices pick.[3] He has been published by Cedar Fort, Inc[4] and by Shadow Mountain Press, known for their popular children's novels series Leven Thumps and Fablehaven. However, Delacorte—a division of Random House—is publishing his new series, The Maze Runner, the first of which was out Fall 2009.[5]The Maze Runner is followed by the New York Times best selling sequel, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure.

James Dashner was born in Georgia and attended Brigham Young University. Dashner currently lives in South Jordan City, Utah and is married with four children.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

thank you so much for telling us more about him!

message 4: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 172 comments Sure! I think it's interesting to learn about an author and see if you can make any connections from his real life to his writing. We shall see I suppose : )

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I wonder how old James was when he wrote The Maze Runner

message 6: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 172 comments Well he was born in 1972. He published Maze Runner in 2009 so he was around 37.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

awesome were getting so much information thank you!

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Fablehaven? I think I've heard of that.
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) by Brandon Mull

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 14 comments My writing teacher looks a lot like James Dashner.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

hah are you serious?

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) James dashner wrote the 13th reality series, but it's kinda boring and a little more kiddie.