You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Off Topic Chat > What is your favorite season?

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments In Australia I love Autumn, the weather is still fantastic but the scorching hot days of living in an oven are gone. And when it rains in Autumn I love the smell.

But here in the icebox (aka Europe), it's definitely Spring. Last Spring I nearly gave my partner a heart attack when I screamed 'Oh My God it's a miracle' and pointed out the window...at the first bud I saw forming on a tree!

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I like the latter part of spring once you get past the melting snow and mud to the fresh shade of green on the trees. And I like the first part of fall before the wind blows the leaves off the trees. May I combine those two halves into one whole season?

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 34 comments Summer - I dont mind heat much. I love the long days and warmth!

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments So in other words Janice you want it all? ;-)

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Terri wrote: "Summer - I dont mind heat much. I love the long days and warmth!"

Oh the long days I could live with year 'round, even if it was cold! Heat, well I have my limits - as long as I can sleep in an air-conditioned room, I can live with it!

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanyaamber) I also like summer..In Pakistan,Summer season is too long..but I prefer summer because of my health..I usually do not fall ill in summer..

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Kat wrote: "So in other words Janice you want it all? ;-)"

I want the best of the best. :)

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Judy wrote: "I'm pretty partial to summer myself. Although Spring is pretty wonderful after our long, cold winters here. Kat, we'd be real happy to share our winters with you ... we got about an inch of snow to..."

The first time it snowed here I nearly pee'd my pants with excitement. Then it stopped all the trains running, the roads turned into giant icerinks and it wasn't so much fun anymore....really hoping it doesn't snow this winter!

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Judy wrote: "Kat wrote: "Judy wrote: "I'm pretty partial to summer myself. Although Spring is pretty wonderful after our long, cold winters here. Kat, we'd be real happy to share our winters with you ... we got..."

In Australia of course, it never snows in the city. So when I moved to Europe I was desperate for it to snow...the first big fall we had I spent 10 hours playing in the snow, having snow ball fights, building snowmen...it'll be one of the best memories I have of living here, even though now I don't like it nearly so much.

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments To me that's freezing cold! I'm such a wuss!

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) I wouldn't mind a high of 58. I love summer for the same reasons Terri said. I want to be able to sit outside and read all evening long.

message 12: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanyaamber) Judy wrote: "Kat wrote: "Judy wrote: "I'm pretty partial to summer myself. Although Spring is pretty wonderful after our long, cold winters here. Kat, we'd be real happy to share our winters with you ... we got..."

In Pakistan,Summer is too hot and long..and winter is too cold but very short..I usually fall ill in winters and not able to continue my reading..thats why I prefer summer..

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) To Michigan? I don't think so! I grew up in Wisconsin and I do not miss the long cold winters! But you can come visit here anytime. :)

message 14: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments I don't think I could choose just one, I seem to be happy no matter which season it is but for different reasons. I love the summer as it hotter (most of the time) and the days are lovely and long and great for reading out and about, autumn is great as it has Halloween and the various colours as leaves begin to turn and I do love a good heavy downfall of rain (during which I tend to be curled up by my window book in hand), winter is great as I've got an excuse to curl up on the sofa with a cuppa and a good book (and of course there's Bonfire Night and Christmas to enjoy) and then spring is lush as the birds begin to sing and the world begins to bloom and I can get back out and about (again with a book or two to hand).

Now that I think about it as long as I have somewhere nice to read, I'm happy!

message 15: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Sounds to me, Sam, that you should join me in requesting a season that is made up of the best of the best. :)

message 16: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments Janice wrote: "Sounds to me, Sam, that you should join me in requesting a season that is made up of the best of the best. :)"

That sounds like a plan, count me in! When do we start the sit in protest? :-D

message 17: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments There's no time like the present, Sam. :)

message 18: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I suspect our sit in will allow us to diminsh our TBR lists completely.

message 19: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments Awesome, I plan to start immediately...complete with books and a large cup of tea (its important to keep hydrated you know)!

message 20: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2116 comments Judy wrote: "Sam wrote: "Awesome, I plan to start immediately...complete with books and a large cup of tea (its important to keep hydrated you know)!"

Keep us posted, okay? (Don't forget the sunscreen, if you ..."

Sadly, I live in Cardiff and the rain is currently pouring down (just for a change) so it's more umbrella than sunscreen...

message 21: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I need to cover up. The wind has got a real bite to it. I hate the cold.

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim Galla (catmommie) I like the fall best, when the air is cool and crisp, like Anna said. We haven't had a really good one this year. I hate the balmy weather of spring.

message 23: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments I just want to say Happy (UK) Mothers Day

message 24: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments Happy UK Mothers Day Suzie. :)

message 25: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (paperrdolls) | 122 comments Well to me there's nothing like snuggling up with a blanket.. a book with rain hitting the windows.. so for me fall.. fall in Portland makes my heart smile.. I hate the big yellow ball in the sky... I grew up in Vegas with is like living in a sandbox.. yuck no thanks I like Colors!! Portland suits me just fine..

message 26: by Hazel (new)

Hazel | 18 comments I love spring once the plants start blossoming, but I also love autumn for the variety of colours....these two seasons because the weather usually tends to be milder (since we are used to the rain in Scotland).

message 27: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 75 comments My favorite seasons are all ezcept for winter. I can't stand the cold weather. As for my favorite season colors are spring & autumn. =)~

message 28: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments I know I said Spring is my favourite. Well it is when it doesn't rain constantly. I know we need rain but this has been ridiculous.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Sorry Suzie! I'm having a glorious spring here in northern Nevada. :)

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Spoke too soon. At mid-day, May 25, in Carson City, Nevada, USA, we have thunder and snow and pouring rain.

I think we're getting more rain today than we got precipitation all winter.

Last Sunday, May 20, it was in the 90s (Fahrenheit).

I think it's the friggin' apocalypse.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm from Muskoka, Ontario, so fall is the most beautiful season to me. The trees are absolutely amazing!

message 32: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments Vacations!

message 33: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments All seasons that aren't summer. Texas summers are so hot. Fall tends to be my very favorite. Probably because it's such a relief to be done with the eyeball-cooking weather!

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Spring is my favourite season. I love all the flowers and the baby animals!

message 35: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Fall and winter. Love the changes in seasons though, it's always nice when you are just getting tired of the season and it starts to change.

message 36: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15087 comments Definitely spring! Days get longer, it gets warmer, more sunshine, trees turn green again, spending evenings outside in the garden, winter goes away. As soon as it gets a little bit warmer people seem to become happier and life happens so much more outside again. Squares in front of cafes are full with tables and people enjoying drinks outside, just enjoying the weather getting better, even if you still have to wear a coat.

I can imagine choosing fall when in Canada or the US though, it always looks SO beautiful on pictures! Colours change here too of course, but it doesn't compare.

But I also like cold crisp sunny winter days. Actually I think I just prefer blue skies and sunshine, and then the temperature isn't so important ;-)

message 37: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48758 comments I like late spring when the snow mold, mud, and dirt is all gone, the grass is starting to turn green, the trees are leafing out, and the first flowers are up. I also like early fall when it's still warm to go without a jacket and the leaves are turning colour. Summer can be too hot, and winter... well, I hate winter. Sure, there are days when it's beautiful. But, I hate the cold, scraping windows, warming up the car, freezing rain. That list could go on and on.

message 38: by Mariab (new)

Mariab | 3059 comments description

message 39: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9422 comments The picture is so cute Miariab!

I can't decide for one. I love the colors in fall, all those brown, yellow, red, golden, some green. It's beautiful. I love snow, specially play with my kids outside. I enjoy the green coming back in spring, and the first flowers with their fresh smell. I like the free time in summer, the picnics, being outside all day long, and the sky in the night.
I thing that change is what I like more. And where I live (central PA) each season is so different from the others...

message 40: by Tasha (new)

Tasha I think one of the reasons I love winter so much is that I'm a homebody with a very socially active young girl. We are always so busy in the spring, summer and fall and it's sort of nice for me to having a reason to stay in and just be cozy. I have fun with her in all that we do but it's so nice to be in nice and cozy when it's so cold outside.

message 41: by Sandra (last edited Dec 21, 2014 01:00PM) (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9422 comments I know Tasha, I usually feel the same way. In winter weekends I often plan to go with the kids to a little lake near home (15 or 20 minutes drive) that froze completely and is great for skating and sliding. So aaaaall the preparation starts: snow pants, snow boots, gloves, hats, slides, skates for everybody... By that point I'm exhausted! Plus I suffer the cold a lot. I'm from Uruguay where the hardest winter is like fall here. I'm driving and thinking "why I have to have this GREAT idea???? why don't just watch tv and play minecraft????". But then we always have so much fun! We laugh so much sliding. Then I remember why every winter I relapse and have the great idea of going to the lake!

message 42: by Tasha (new)

Tasha lol! sounds like wonderful memories. it's so true, kids get you going and having fun when you are sure you won't. It happens all the time with my daughter. I had to laugh, getting ready to go out in the winter seems to take hours sometimes! :)

message 43: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15087 comments The things you two describe do make winter sound nice!

I always feel like I'm a machine working on solar energy, and I need sunshine just to function properly.

Today is grey, dark, windy, and the trees are bare. It feels like the day never really starts, like it never fully gets light, and all day long it is also just trying to wake up. I want to be healthy and go out for a walk, but I just can't put myself to it. Instead, I'll just get up to eat a handful of M&M's ;-)

message 44: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I like your thinking Peggy! M&M's! Yum!
I love spring and fall. I am not a big fan of summer, mainly because of the humidity. If we didn't have humidity then I would like the summer, :-)! It is dreary here today as well :-( I will get Blake out for a walk in a bit but he is currently asleep on my lap so that may not happen, :-).

message 45: by Lisa (last edited Dec 22, 2014 07:39AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Peggy wrote: "The things you two describe do make winter sound nice!

I always feel like I'm a machine working on solar energy, and I need sunshine just to function properly.

Today is grey, dark, windy, and t..."

It's pretty grey and miserable in the UK today too. However, the weather is looking pretty good for Christmas Day itself. It's forecast to be cold and frosty but with plenty of sunshine. I love winter days like that! :)

message 46: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15087 comments Ah yes, Stephanie, I always think having a dog is good, for many reasons, but one of them is that you HAVE to go out.

Me too Lisa! I love to go out on those days, it feels so healthy :)

Unfortunately the forecast for Christmas here is the same as it is today. Turbulent weather with quite heavy winds, grey, rain, perhaps even a hailstorm. But maybe for Christmas that's not so bad, being cozy inside with the family :)

message 47: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie For sure, Peggy! If I didn't have Blake I probably would never go for a walk. Well, at least not as often :-)
We aren't supposed to have any snow for Christmas here :( but I can't complain because it isn't supposed to be too cold out that day :) partly sunny and windy with a high of 55! I think I can handle that :)

message 48: by Lisa (last edited Dec 22, 2014 10:52AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Peggy wrote: "Ah yes, Stephanie, I always think having a dog is good, for many reasons, but one of them is that you HAVE to go out.

Me too Lisa! I love to go out on those days, it feels so healthy :)

Unfortun..."

I agree Peggy, it's the perfect excuse to stay all warm and cosy inside if the weather is awful on Christmas Day.

No snow is forecast here either on Christmas Day which is a bit of a shame but cold, frosty and bright is the next best thing. Also, we don't really 'do' snow very well here in the UK so it's probably just as well that there isn't any due! :)