Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Lines that make you say, "Aww"

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Okay so I was watching Casper today...yes Casper the friendly ghost. Yes I'm 24, so what!? lol

Anyway I was watching Casper and I realized that there's a line that he says in the movie that made me feel like it was the cutest line I'd ever heard.

When they are dancing at the end and he whispers in Kat's ear, "Can I keep you?"

I seriously was like "Awe that is so damn cute!"

Anybody else have those moments while watching a movie, reading a book?? Share them please!!

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie  (annieac) LOL.. I am almost 21 and I put it in and let my 3 yr old see it for the first time. I still love that movie!

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) that was a fantastic line

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments well an obvious one to me- even made my own husband tear up "You had me at hello"

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I always loved this one "You, complete me."

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments good one, too

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments or one of my many favorites "As you wish"

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Alana wrote: "or one of my many favorites "As you wish""

Ooohhh I love the Princess Bride.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments "I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all" 10 Things I Hate About You

Sorry it's longer than one line...

message 10: by Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (last edited Nov 06, 2011 08:51AM) (new)

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) I loved that movie too. I was always a huge Heath Ledger fan even before he became popular.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments oh yeah- he was on my "list"

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments So was River Phoenix- waaaaay back in the day...

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Alana wrote: "oh yeah- he was on my "list""

Did you ever watch his short TV series Roar?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments It seems to ring a bell...

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments Back in the day I used to go to so many movies... I saw Dracula (somewhere around 1992 ish version) like 3 times, Joe vs. the Volcano about 3 times...
Robin Hood (with Christian Slater and Kevin Costner), Untamed Heart (I used to love Christian Slater), Four Weddings and a Funeral, Enchanted April, The Frighteners, Ghost, Pretty Woman, Batman, The Addams Family...

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Alana, I am the queen of movies and tv. I am a self professed couch potato. I've seen almost every movie you just listed many times. I even took a ceramics class after seeing Ghost.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments When I was younger my parents would just ask me what was on TV- I had the TV guide memorized for each day

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

When Harry Met Sally, another one of my all-time favs

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments I always cry at that part, always

message 20: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Nov 06, 2011 09:27AM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ~City of Angels

Love that movie! So sweet and so sad all in one.

message 21: by Katya (new)

Katya | 645 comments Yvette wrote: "Okay so I was watching Casper today...yes Casper the friendly ghost. Yes I'm 24, so what!? lol

Anyway I was watching Casper and I realized that there's a line that he says in the movie that mad..."

I love it....How sweet.

I remember running home from kindergarten to see Casper the friendly ghost on TV. I loved that show.

message 22: by Katya (new)

Katya | 645 comments Alana wrote: "Back in the day I used to go to so many movies... I saw Dracula (somewhere around 1992 ish version) like 3 times, Joe vs. the Volcano about 3 times...
Robin Hood (with Christian Slater and Kevin C..."

Christian slater was in the addams family?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments No, but he was in Robin Hood and Untamed Heart- two movies I mentioned

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments I put the Christian Slater comment after those two particular movies, because those were the two that he was in.... the ones following did not necessarily include him

message 25: by Katya (last edited Nov 06, 2011 05:28PM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

He met her gaze directly, emphasizing the next words,

"In over five hundred years as a vampire, I have acknowledged no master, no Lord, no Lady, Not since my Mistresses' (the vamp who sired him) death has any creature, living or dead, claimed more of me than I was willing to give-the loyalty among companions, the fidelity between sire and child."

"No, my Cyn, there has been no one in all these hundreds of years who mastered me...."

"Until you...."

"I have been mastered at last, sweet Cyn, helpless in the face of the most human of failings...."

"I love you."

Oh, I just love this speech....in the words of Jerome Kerns, "My heart beats the faster."

message 26: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Alana wrote: ""I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you..."

I love that part of the movie! Great line!

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Alana wrote: "I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me li..."

I was going to put this one in. It seems we have the same taste.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ~City of Angels

Love that movie! So sweet and so sad all in one."

I absolutely loved this movie. This is when I determined that Nick Cage was incredibly sexy.

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

"In over five hundred years as a vampire,..."

*sigh* I just started Rajmund Katya.

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) Yvette wrote: "Okay so I was watching Casper today...yes Casper the friendly ghost. Yes I'm 24, so what!? lol

Anyway I was watching Casper and I realized that there's a line that he says in the movie that mad..."

This is probably my favorite movie line ever.

I also love in Camp Nowhere (starring the incredible dreamy Andrew Keegan). Where he turns to Trish at the end telling her that he has to "be there for the 'Greatest Love of All'" that makes me melt each time.

message 31: by Jazzy Jess (new)

Jazzy Jess (jazzy0jess) | 18 comments Yvette wrote: "Okay so I was watching Casper today...yes Casper the friendly ghost. Yes I'm 24, so what!? lol

He also says it when she is going to sleep and she thinks it the breeze coming in the window and asks him to close the window, which makes the line almost heartbreaking

message 32: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 27 comments Michelle wrote: "Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

"In over five hundred years..."
ou guys needs to share name of this book it sounds just wow!!!

y

message 33: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 27 comments “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever”

The Notebook

message 34: by Jazzy Jess (new)

Jazzy Jess (jazzy0jess) | 18 comments "I thought we would meet, only in death"

Slumdog Millionaire

absolutely beautiful movie

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Karla(Book Addict) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

"In over f..."

Vampires in America by D.B. Reynolds. The first book is Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds .

The book Katya is referring to is Book 2 Jabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds

message 36: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments One that comes to my mind is from the movie Stuart Little 2 talking about Margolo flying south for the winter:
Fredrick Little: Stuart?
Stuart Little: Yeah, Dad?
Fredrick Little: What's the silver lining this time?
Stuart Little: She'll be back in the spring.

message 37: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Joseph wrote: "One that comes to my mind is from the movie Stuart Little 2 talking about Margolo flying south for the winter:
Fredrick Little: What's the si..."

lol thats cute!

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (michmag) Joseph wrote: "One that comes to my mind is from the movie Stuart Little 2 talking about Margolo flying south for the winter:
Fredrick Little: What's the si..."

I thought these movies were so touching. My kids loved them too.

message 39: by Aimee (new)

Aimee Collier Jessa ♥Dhanger♥ wrote: "I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ~City of Angels

Love that movie! So sweet and so sad all in one."

I love that film :)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments Okay, I have a few more:

this one isn't really a line- but just John Cusak holding up his boombox playing "In Your Eyes"

I love Say Anything...

... and from Stranger than Fiction

when he gets he "flours" (she's a baker)

message 41: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments Ohh yeah, who doesn't love John Cusak in that movie!! Ahh the 80's movies rock!

message 42: by Yvette (new)

Yvette | 124 comments "Do you ever put your arms out and just spin and spin and spin? Well, that's what love is like. Everything inside of you tells you to stop before you fall, but you just keep going."
- Practical Magic

Anything with Sandra Bullock, I love!

message 43: by Hasien (new)

Hasien | 91 comments Yvette wrote: "Ohh yeah, who doesn't love John Cusak in that movie!! Ahh the 80's movies rock!"

I so agree...Say Anything along with most of the 80's teen movies were great!

message 44: by Katya (last edited Nov 12, 2011 07:36AM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments I love when Maddoc in Living Nightmare (Sentinel Wars, #4) by Shannon K. Butcher says that:
When he is with Nika it is like "Sunbathing on the inside."

message 45: by Katya (new)

Katya | 645 comments Karla(Book Addict) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

"In over f..."

This is one of the most romantic and yet action packed series out there, Karla...One of my favorites:
Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds Jabril (Vampires in America, #2) by D.B. Reynolds Rajmund (Vampires in America, #3) by D.B. Reynolds Sophia (Vampires in America, #4) by D.B. Reynolds Duncan (Vampires in America, #5) by D.B. Reynolds

message 46: by Katya (last edited Nov 12, 2011 07:57AM) (new)

Katya | 645 comments I know this is funny but it is so tender too and made me do an awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww too:

It is from Lord of Scoundrels (Scoundrels, #3) by Loretta Chase And is a playful, teasing conversation that happens between the H/h....I just think it is so sweet how they tease each other and talk like this-no flowery talk from this couple.

"He found her in the dining room an hour later....her hand wrapped around the brandy snifter...."

"You might have invited me to get drunk with you."

"This is between me and Lucia"....staring up at the portrait.

She lifted her glass in salute and said, "To you my dear Lucia, for bringing my wicked husband into the world, for giving him so much of what was the best in you. and for giving him up so he could live and grow into a man and I would find him."

She swirled the amber liquid, took a deep breath, sighed with pleasure and brought the glass to her lips.

Dain stepped into the room and said, "You don't know how luck you were to find me," he said. "I am one of the few men in western Europe who can afford you. "And that, I have no doubt, is my very best brandy."

"I did take your wine cellar into account when I weighed your assets and liabilities," said Jessica, "it may have tipped the scales in your favor."

message 47: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 909 comments Katya wrote: "Karla(Book Addict) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

He met her gaze directly, emphasizing t..."

You have definitely talked me into trying this series again.

message 48: by Katya (new)

Katya | 645 comments P.A. wrote: "Katya wrote: "Karla(Book Addict) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

He met her gaze directl..."

If you are talking Vamps of AM....it is really good! I am in Duncans book now and so far I am loving it. Lately PA, I have been giving the recommendations and not taking them...I will have to find one you put out there that I have not tried.

message 49: by P.A. (new)

P.A. Lupton (palupton) | 909 comments Katya wrote: "P.A. wrote: "Katya wrote: "Karla(Book Addict) wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Katya wrote: "Raphael speaking to Cynthia in Jabril by D.B. Reynolds....I condensed and chopped this up a bit...

He met her g..."

You read Fifty Shades from a recommendation. That wasn't too long ago. I have been writing more than reading lately so I don't have as many recommendations. BUt when I'm done I am going to get to all of these books I want to read.

message 50: by Katya (new)

Katya | 645 comments From Sophia (Vampires in America, #4) by D.B. Reynolds

Cyn nestled into the curve of his shoulder, her kiss soft and moist against the underside of his jaw. "Have I told you you're my very favorite Vampire?" she murmured tiredly.

"Not often enough," Raphael said smoothly, fighting a tidal wave of emotion on how light she was in his arms, how very fragile. (she was gravely injured.)

He felt the curve of her lips as she smiled against his skin. "I'll have to remember that. I love you. Fang Boy."

« previous 1