Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Been Buying, Been Reading? > 2011 Goodreads Challenge: How are you doing?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Shannon (last edited Nov 04, 2011 06:34AM) (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments I'm at a whimpy 67%. Okay, so it's not really that whimpy considering it's still 134 books I've read but I'm kind of sad I'm not closer to my goal of 200.

message 2: by J.P. (new)

J.P. McNeill (mcneillink) | 7 comments I'm right on track for books read...but I'm horribly behind in my personal goal to have written 2 books by 2011... one manuscript is 58 pages and 12k words... the other is a pathetic 28... but it is national novel writing month so maybe I can polish at least one off this year...

message 3: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments I'm at 48% for books read; my f=goal was reset from 200 to 50. I'm 19 books behind

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 2 comments I'm at 86% and have read 126 towards my goal of 150 books this year.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris I'm woefully behind at 43%. Although if I counted all the books I've read this year I'd be at around 80-85%, but there's some books that I don't count and don't add on here.

message 6: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments I've been increasing my goal almost from the start but I am now 96% toward my goal of 104 and this time I am NOT increasing it again.

message 7: by Moon (new)

Moon | 37 comments My goal is 40 books from my own shelves. I'm six titles behind at the moment.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

my goal is 100 and im on 77 which is 7 books behind :( i used to be 3 in front lol damn work getting in the way of reading

message 9: by Joy (last edited Nov 05, 2011 03:49AM) (new)

Joy I'm 5 books behind on my goal of 75 books for the year. =/

message 10: by Katrina (new)

Katrina (katmcv) I'm currently on 98% (out of 100 books), this is the most I've ever read in a year so I'm pretty pleased and have ever chance of making it to 100 as long as my eyes don't fall out.

I might up it to 110 or so, but this month is pretty busy so we'll see.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate (ficthoughts) | 7 comments 87% of my goal of 150.

I started with a goal of 50, then I upped it to 100.
Then finally made this new target. I'm 5 ahead so I should make it.

message 12: by Krista (new)

Krista  | 26 comments 118 of 150 (79%)
At your current pace, you're 8 books (6%) behind.

Im getting there lol

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina (obsessivedrmer) | 11 comments When I first set my goal in January it was to read 16 books (which was a few more than last year). I reach that goal in June and bumped it up to 25 books. I reached that goal in September and bumped it up to 35 books. So right now, I'm at 26 of 35... I slacked in reading with kids football, school activities, birthdays etc.. so now it's time to get my groove back now that things have slowed down a bit!

message 14: by Thom (new)

Thom Swennes (Yorrick) | 592 comments I am presently at 95% (52 out of a goal of 55). During the first half of the year I was well ahead but with the coming of fall (American football season) my reading slows down drastically.

message 15: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments 2011 Reading Challenge
You have read 24 books toward your goal of 50 books.

24 of 50 (48%)
At your current pace, you're 18 books (37%) behind.

message 16: by Makeda (new)

Makeda | 31 comments I am 3 books from reaching my goal of 50 books. I wanted to have all the books read by 0ct 31st so that I could concentrate on NanoWriMo. It so didn't happen. I'm going to try and sneak in a book or two this month.

message 17: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller I joined GoodReads in August and I reached my goal of 15 books. :)

with the new year, i think i can set my goal safely at 50; if i do more then great!

message 18: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
Don't mean to brag (much) but I reached my goal of 300 books back on Oct. 10th and I am currently at 328 and still going strong. :-)

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah_337) | 19 comments Wanted to read 60 because thats just more than one a week. Have read 58 so should hit that by the end of the year. Hope to get it by the end of November though.

message 20: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (daylight) | 3 comments My goal was 50, but I'm only at 32, and I'm also participating in NaNoWriMo in all of November, so I doubt I'll reach my goal...

message 21: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments i want to read as many books as possible, might do a fe more juvie fiction for kicks to remember what I read in grade school. 6 grade +

message 22: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 117 comments This got me interested in how many books I have read this year and it's 56 so far.

message 23: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 151 comments I too, have completely my goal. The original goal was 75 but then I bumped it up to 100.

message 24: by Amber (new)

Amber (bluebleeder) | 31 comments I completed my goal of 75 but am now shooting for 100.

message 25: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller I just increased from 15 to 18... my TBR is 200; let's go 2012

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments I am so jealous of those people that can read so much at once. Joseph and his huge 300 number!!

I had my goal at a mere 50, but I am not ashamed of that goal either. I wanted to make sure I could read what I wanted to read and still have a goal that I could reach. I read a lot to my nieces and nephews and count the books that are chapter books. I am reading them for me as well as the kid, so I maintain they should count.

Why wouldn't a book count towards your goal if you are reading them?

message 27: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments i read 26 books out of 50. Some of the kindle books that I got for free are really short stories, so I consider them chapter books or book shorts. They do count.

message 28: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 151 comments Wow!!!, 300(Excellent movie, by the way) back in October & 328 up until now. That's really awesome Joseph. Looks like 400 won't be a problem.

message 29: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte English (charlotteenglish) I gave myself a fairly modest target of 75 books, and I'm a few books ahead on that. Maybe I'll push for one hundred next year? The reading challenge is mildly obsessive, it irritates me a bit when I read something that isn't on Goodreads. I can't record it! Nooo. (Is that just me...? Heh).

message 30: by Mary (new)

Mary Chambers (marycha) | 49 comments I joined GoodReads this summer and set my goal high. Then I cheated and changed it. Now I'm at 82%. GoodReads has gotten me reading more again like I used to.

message 31: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin | 151 comments Tiffany wrote: "I am so jealous of those people that can read so much at once. Joseph and his huge 300 number!!

I had my goal at a mere 50, but I am not ashamed of that goal either. I wanted to make sure I coul..."

I have done that too Tiffany; counted chapter books. There is nothing wrong with that. You can do it Tiffany, you can do it. :)

message 32: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 411 comments As long as others count chapter books, then that works for me!! :)

message 33: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) Mine was 200 and at about 190-GR count is higher than my own but I don't always keep track so well.

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura I finished mine a while ago :) Then I stopped reading pretty much after that :( Just too much in life got in the way which sucks..Hopefully will correct that soon.

message 35: by Batsap (new)

Batsap | 117 comments Wow, some people are managing to read so many books...

...I decided to give myself a reading challenge, even if it is rather late in the year to start, lol, and I gave myself a target of 70 books. I'm 3 books behind that target, boo. =]

message 36: by Jill (new)

Jill Hutchinson (bucs1960) I finished my challenge..........hooray!!!!! 150 books for this year.....now I am on 152. It can be misleading since some of the books were 400 pages long, and some were only quick 175 page mysteries, but at least I made my goal.

message 37: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller I cannot wait until 2012; then I can see how much I really read in a year. I think I will be nice and conservative at 50...mmmm (that only puts a dent in TBR list)... :/

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

my goal is 75. I'm 12% behind. Been starting to read shorter books. Looks like I also need to find more time to read.

message 39: by Colby (new)

Colby (colbz) I'm at 100% of my goal of 50 :)

message 40: by Shaik (new)

Shaik | 3 comments My annual goal has always been 25 books (about 2 books a month) which I have already achieved for 2011. I'm taking up the 50 book challenge for 2012.

message 41: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments i'm starting 2012 challenge in January and we'll see if I can do 50/100.

message 42: by Gioia (new)

Gioia (gymaholic_85) I started it later in the year and i gave myself a total of 50 butlife gets in the way and im behind.. still not bad considering i started in june but im gonna try my best to reach my goal! For now 35 out of 50 though.. next year i will start from january.. im sure it will be better! :)

message 43: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments I'm reading the last two I need to complete my goal of 104.

message 44: by Tajma (new)

Tajma I'm two over my goal of 52. Generally a book a week is what I can safely manage. I had pneumonia recently and we had a blackout here in CT so those two events put me over the top.

message 45: by Shannon (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 353 comments Congrats to everyone who has reached their goals!!!! I've made it up to 142 but I'm still 17% behind. I wonder if my job will allow me to take a leave of absence to catch up??? JK

message 46: by Mackenzi (new)

Mackenzi (werewolfmack) | 21 comments 17 of 20 (85%)

I am going to make it! I'm so proud of myself. :O)

message 47: by Tajma (new)

Tajma Shannon wrote: "Congrats to everyone who has reached their goals!!!! I've made it up to 142 but I'm still 17% behind. I wonder if my job will allow me to take a leave of absence to catch up??? JK"

Ha! Ask them!

message 48: by Vikki (new)

Vikki (silverstarz) | 65 comments I had a goai of 50 books which I've completed, finished 51 so far.

message 49: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 411 comments i made my goal of 50 books.

message 50: by Cassie Cruel (last edited Nov 20, 2011 08:10AM) (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) Me too Sonya and Vikki :D

« previous 1