Rated YA-MA discussion

Archive > bookcases

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

ok I dunno if this is the right place to put this soo please move it mods you you feel the need :D
anyway I have an obsession with book cases...
so I was wondering how everyones was ordered and how big it is...feel free to share pictures to if you want

at the moment mine is un ordered as there is not enough room on it for my books

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 178 comments Lol, I have two, but then I took over another shelf and I've also started laying them on the side. My cup literally runneth over.

message 3: by Vern (new)

Vern Smith | 2 comments I'm in the same boat. We have one regular sized ikea type bookshelf that has 5 shelves but that doesn't begin to hold everything. But it is organized between fiction and non-fiction (alphabetized by author.) Maybe it's ocd but its a good system. Besides that we have another small bookcase by the front door that consists mostly of historical non-fiction and then another small corner bookcase in the bedroom. This is not even including the multiple stacks of library books laying around (we live in a small 2 bedroom but i swear we aren't hoarders!) My ideal situation would be just a huge wall of built ins with one of those cool ladders that goes around on rollers. One day, one day!

message 4: by Mishelle (last edited Nov 03, 2011 08:56PM) (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 56 comments Well, my husband built me an office, where I have 3 out of 4 walls covered in shelving for books... and we are in the process of renovating our bedroom, where he will have floor to ceiling shelving as well, along the long wall... my book collection is an illness really.. they are literally starting to take over the house... I can't get rid of them tho..

message 5: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments My bookshelf is very small, but so is my room. The top shelf is half computer games and half paperbacks. The middle shelf is hardcovers, tall paperbacks, and my printer. The bottom shelf has my yearbooks, books that didn't fit on the other shelves, and school supplies. I don't have too many books, and wouldn't even have room for them if I did own a lot.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

the one in my room is floor to ceiling and hopefully will be added to! my books literally are spilling over...I cant stop buying them...my dads is in the office as is much larger and more impressive then mine...my goal in life is to rival his book collection...I have a bit of catching up to to

message 7: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments I only have one single shelf with books on it, not very impressive! We have a very small house though (less than 1,100 sq. feet) and with 4 people in it, we're packed full.

The majority of my books are all ebook now, so I have no pretty bookshelves to show off. :(

message 8: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylasreadsandreviews) | 84 comments I'm actually looking for bookshelves at the moment. We just have boxes filled with books for now.

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) I have one bookshelf completely full, but I use my local library and they don't like it if you keep the books :)

message 10: by Jc (new)

Jc  Mar (jc_mar) | 9 comments I also have an IKEA bookcase. It has an open backing so I use both front and back for my books. It's 5 x 5 and I'm out of room. Lol currently stacking my books anywhere there's room! I will be looking for another shelf before I ever get rid of any one of my delectable books!

message 11: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments Well, this is after I JUST bought this unit and put it together and what not. Since it has been added to with more shelving as well as books, reorganized and is currently under reorganization cause I was not happy with the previous organization method. Yes, I am OCD with my books. And I am saddened to say that at the very least 100 of the books on this shelf have yet to be read...

I'll post a newer picture once I finish the reorganization.

message 12: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I have three book shelves. One is a cabinet with three book shelves at the top that has my most precious books, along with my most precious DVDs.

The second is a ladder bookshelf (my newest shelf) that I keep all my YA books on. This is nearly floor to ceiling and each shelf gets deeper as it goes down, giving the impression that it's leaning against my wall. (Oh and the top shelf has my daughters favorite chapter books.)

And the third shelf is a regular wooden tall (6 shelves)shelf that all my Adult books are on. This is a deep shelf so if need be I can have two rows of books on each shelf.

message 13: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 56 comments Nice Wendy.

message 14: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I'm bookshelf obessed. I arrange them and then take pictures. my husband and his friends always make fun of me. I'd show 'em off like they were my kids if I could get away with it.

message 15: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Off topic, but how was Hate List, Wendy? I saw it on your shelf.

message 16: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I haven't read it yet. My friend read it and she said it was good but that she was just so angry the whole time she read it. So while that intrigues me, it also makes me nervous to pick it up.

message 17: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever read it because of that. Do you want to read it?

message 18: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments I'm curious. There's someone on my friends list who gave it 1 star, and someone else who gave it 5 stars. The rest seem to be around 3 to 4 stars.

message 19: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments It's in print, but I'll mail it to you if youre interested.

message 20: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Not if you haven't read it first!

message 21: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 76 comments Nice bookshelves Hillary and Wendy!

I wish I had more, but I only have 2 right now. I was going to buy another since they are full, but I only buy my very favourite books now and the rest are ebooks so I don't need nearly as much room.

A few years ago I sold/gave away boxes of books. Most were traditional fantasy. I kept some like Dragonlance Chronicles, Forgotten Realms Dark Elf series, Tad Williams, and Terry Brooks. I wish I had kept them though because I know I have read certain series and can't remember anything anymore. And some I remember parts of the story, but not anything to give me a hint at the name. It is so frustrating.

This is my mostly YA shelf
Photobucket

This is my epic fantasy shelf, which has mostly beaten up books, lol. Most have been read multiple times and loaded out.
Photobucket

message 22: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments God I wish my bookshelves were as neat as you people's. I'll see if I can get some pics up tonight. They're sort of a disaster. But I try to keep them organized by author > series > title.

message 23: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 76 comments Wendy, I also cherish my Buffy and Angel DVDs, lol. I have each Buffy and Angel season as individuals, but also the Buffy Chosen Collection. Which DVD set is the one on top, sideways? I see Firefly and Serenity, but couldn't figure out that one...

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

wow Im embarrassed to put my picture up here mine is no where near this organised or neat literally books on top on books on mine :( Im still waiting for it to be extended

message 25: by Jenny, puppets' bane (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments Okay. I tried to make these neater for pics but it's still pretty jacked up.

Books from college and some duplicates and graphic novels and other random and unorganized stuff and totally unnecessary and unused bookends:

My (mostly) YA bookcase and review book disaster zone:

Disaster zone by shelf with attempted neatness:

Some of my ARCs, AKA the scapegoat for why my shelves are a disaster:

I've also got a huge box of more school books that I've been meaning to sort through. It could be worse. I try to buy most of my larger books on Kindle and get most of my review books as electronic copies. I need a new bookcase and to get rid of some of those duplicates, though. I don't like to double stack them.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

you have quite a few books i wish for!

message 27: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments I feel as though you should be reported for book abuse! Stomp your feet until Wayne gets you 2 new bookcases. Your book shelves make me cry irl! lol. Bad Jenny. I will hold your signed copies hostage!

message 28: by Angie (new)

Angie (pinkindle) | 828 comments Jenny, your shelves are full of books I want to read! *jealous*

message 29: by Carina (new)

Carina  | 1629 comments Wow, loving all the pictures ladies! They're making me drool! lol

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

ok thats it I'm organizing then taking a picture

message 31: by Jenny, puppets' bane (last edited Nov 04, 2011 06:33PM) (new)

Jenny (narcisse) | 1946 comments Hillary wrote: "I feel as though you should be reported for book abuse! Stomp your feet until Wayne gets you 2 new bookcases. Your book shelves make me cry irl! lol. Bad Jenny. I will hold your signed copies h..."

I know :(

Angie wrote: "Jenny, your shelves are full of books I want to read! *jealous*"

Me too, hahaha. I get them faster than I can read them.

message 32: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Carrie (Care) wrote: "Wendy, I also cherish my Buffy and Angel DVDs, lol. I have each Buffy and Angel season as individuals, but also the Buffy Chosen Collection. Which DVD set is the one on top, sideways? I see Firefly..."

I just bought those new Buffy/Angel sets. I used to have each individual season. I gave those to my daughter and got the matched sets.

Let's see, next to Buffy is my husbands Superman box set (including Superman Returns). On top of those sideways is his Nightmare on Elm Street boxset and Godfather boxset. Then, above the books on the bottom shelf (you can't see the cover) is my Dawsons Creek boxset.

message 33: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Oh, and you can't see these either, but on the otherside next to Angel is my Sons of Anarchy box sets, hahaha. I like TV too.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

man I love your buffy box sets! I really do have to stop my self from buying them I really dont have the money its hard I LOVE Buffy! lol
also FIREFLY! *high fives*

message 35: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Thanks! I love Joss Whedon.

message 36: by Kim (new)

Kim Stacia ~ fire burning wrote: "I'm curious. There's someone on my friends list who gave it 1 star, and someone else who gave it 5 stars. The rest seem to be around 3 to 4 stars."

Sorry... don't mean to stalk your conversation but I had to give my opinion. "Hate List" was FABULOUS!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

seriously is great! I really wish they would do a second season of firefly tho...I had to start watching castle just to get my Nathan Fillion fix lol.

message 38: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I watch Castle too, lmao! Did you see Serenity? They kinda closed the show down with that.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

ok so this is how my book case used to look (but with more books this pic is a couple of months old)
Photobucket

and since the tidy up...kinda it now looks like this (some books missing due to reading and lending):
Photobucket

and some close ups
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

enjoy lol

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 04, 2011 07:59PM) (new)

lol last are three differnt photos lined up perfectly haha

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Wendy F wrote: "I watch Castle too, lmao! Did you see Serenity? They kinda closed the show down with that."

I did watch serenity took me awhile to figure out where they were starting from cause the whole rescue was different...but a friend said the rescue in the movie was because she got caught again?
im a still confused about it still but loved it any way

message 42: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 56 comments I am so taking pictures tonite.... Lol... I wanna share too...

message 43: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments I love looking at everyone's bookshelves and seeing whats in common!

message 44: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments Melanie, I loved it. It broke my heart.

message 45: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 76 comments Wow Jenny that's a lot of books!

Wendy, I thought that was the Godfather. I was just looking at that today at Costco. I understand about Castle. I started watching Bones because of DB. I love tv too. I have so many shows, but Buffy and Angel are my favs. I also have Battlestar Galactica, Sex and the City, Charmed, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, Roswell, Glee, Veronica Mars, Supernatural, plus numerous others in digital form. I kind of love tv, but mostly the supernatural shows.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

veronica mars rocks my sox...expect for the last season hate when good shows get cancelled!

@ wendy dear go serenity made me cry he was my fav character how dare they! playing with dinos lol soo great!

message 47: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (last edited Nov 04, 2011 10:01PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) | 5139 comments Kim wrote: "Sorry... don't mean to stalk your conversation but I had to give my opinion. "Hate List" was FABULOUS!..."

It's fine. I like to hear what others think about books.

As for Firefly/Serenity...I loved the show and thought the movie was just okay. The Hollywood style change of the movie lost some of the charm I think. My husband thought the show was okay and loved the movie. Probably the best part of the movie was River's kick-ass scene. The actress would have made a great Katniss when she was younger.

Rachael (pagesofpiper) (piperbunny) I love Firefly too :) I get so angry every time I watch the boxset though "why FOX why?!?"

I have major bookshelf envy right now!

message 49: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2731 comments She would have made a PERFECT Katniss when she was younger. That fight scene was awesome. And Melanie, he was my favorite character too.

message 50: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 56 comments How do ya add pics?

« previous 1 3