Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Facebook Page

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) After reading guidelines for for moderators, this group has now has it's own Facebook page. You can see what's happening from there, even promote the group to your other pagan pals.

message 2: by Ancestral (last edited Mar 13, 2012 03:55PM) (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Facebook are changing their format for pages, not just individuals, to the timeline format. Our little group's page needs a suitable cover picture.

Is anybody game to submit a photograph, or artwork to grace the title page?

If we get a number of submissions, it may be worth creating a poll and finding a prize for the winner. What do you think?

message 3: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments I'm not a member of FB, so the link just takes me to the login page. The group must be set to private rather than public.

There are lots of card images on my website - you're welcome to use part of one if it's suitable, and I can reformat part of the image to make a square. The Hermit from The Wild Green Chagallian is the first that comes to mind, but I'm sure others here have images too .

Fig Tree Press

message 4: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Hello Bryn: Thank for the tip.

Hello Nell: the group is public, as far as I am aware. :( I will have a look at your images and thank you for your permission to use them.

message 5: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Georgina wrote: "Is it alright if I also change us over to the new FB page look?

I've already changed my own page over. It will crop the image but we can position it so it works in that long timeline look. "

I'd rather wait until we get a more suitable image before upgrading to the new timeline look. I'm hoping it's one we can also use here, as the current one is an old photograph that's not really representative of our membership, at least I don't think it is.

It would be nice to have pics of a pagan bookshelf/bookstack, from various traditions, or something similar - art or photographic.

Tìoraidh an dràsda,
AC

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know this thread was here. :)

Yes, that sounds good. The cropped image wouldn't be as good and I agree on the current image too. I think the Pagan bookshelf/stack sounds good.

If I get a chance in the next couple of weeks I could work on some images if you like? Borrow some of Frederick's books, combined with mine (he is a good friend and lives close by). (I'm a photographic artist). Or maybe there are other artists in this group that might like to create something for the group image? I can imagine a drawing of pagan book stacks, a few cobwebs, small pertinent details...

:) Georgina.

message 7: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) I'd love for anyone and everyone to have a go. If we get some goods ones, we can alternate them from time to time.

Either way, it's an opportunity to get creative juices flowing in relation to pagans and books. :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that's a great idea! We could put extras in the groups fb pages photos too couldn't we?

message 9: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Absolutely!!!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments hey. what's the groups fb name? cause when i click the link it just takes me to my home page -__- xx

message 11: by Pixelina (new)

Pixelina Sarah wrote: "hey. what's the groups fb name? cause when i click the link it just takes me to my home page -__- xx"

Heathens, Pagans and Witches of Goodreads

I 'liked' it now so hopefully will see on my page when someone posts

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "hey. what's the groups fb name? cause when i click the link it just takes me to my home page -__- xx"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Heathen...

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments nope not working :/
Jeanette: it can't find anyone with that name, and
Georgina: the link takes me to my homepage again :/

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "nope not working :/
Jeanette: it can't find anyone with that name, and
Georgina: the link takes me to my homepage again :/"

Sarah, try testing with another page. Does this link work?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pagan-W...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

If that link doesn't work Sarah, I'm not sure what's up. And by homepage you mean your own facebook profile or timeline?

Hoping I can help in some way. Georgina

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments yes thank you, Georgina, that link works. and yeah i meant my profile page! x

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "yes thank you, Georgina, that link works. and yeah i meant my profile page! x"

O.K I'll give you the link to my page. Go to the 'likes' box (right hand side) just below the box that says 'Recent posts'. You'll find our group is listed second in there. Try clicking on that link and see if it takes you through to the groups page.

http://www.facebook.com/gothicwriter

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Jaq wrote: "Worked for me...liked.

Any chance people here would like my series page? https://www.facebook.com/GoblinSeries"

Have done already Jaq. :) Georgina.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Georgina wrote: "Sarah wrote: "yes thank you, Georgina, that link works. and yeah i meant my profile page! x"

O.K I'll give you the link to my page. Go to the 'likes' box (right hand side) just below the box that ..."

Not the 57 one (people who have liked my page), but the pages I've liked (down further).

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Ancestral, I'll like to share two photos with our FB page. They aren't right for the cover photo but they may be of interest to the group.

These are the links. 'Familiar' :
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...

I'd also like to post the article that Nell posted in the thread about the white Goddess.

http://www.witchessabbats.com/index.p...

What do you think? Are they suitable?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, they are my images by the way. Both entitled 'Familiar'.

message 22: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Post what links you like, provided there is no breach of copyright.

message 23: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments This is what Mike Nichols states under the article, so that's OK:)

"Document Copyright © 1983 - 2009 by Mike Nichols.
Text editing courtesy of Acorn Guild Press.
Website redesign by Bengalhome Internet Services, © 2009

Permission is given to re-publish this document only as long as no information is lost or changed, credit is given to the author, and it is provided or used without cost to others.
This notice represents an exception to the copyright notice found in the Acorn Guild Press edition of The Witches' Sabbats and applies only to the text as given above.
Other uses of this document must be approved in writing by Mike Nichols."

Beautiful images, Georgina.

message 24: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments I can see the FB Gothic Writer page, but the group link just takes me to a FB login/join form.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 8 comments Georgina wrote: "Sarah wrote: "yes thank you, Georgina, that link works. and yeah i meant my profile page! x"

O.K I'll give you the link to my page. Go to the 'likes' box (right hand side) just below the box that ..."

no need i wrote "that link WORKS" lol

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Sarah wrote: "Georgina wrote: "Sarah wrote: "yes thank you, Georgina, that link works. and yeah i meant my profile page! x"

O.K I'll give you the link to my page. Go to the 'likes' box (right hand side) just be..."

Great!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Nell wrote: "I can see the FB Gothic Writer page, but the group link just takes me to a FB login/join form."

I think we need the short URL that comes with at least 25 (could be 30) likes. That gives us a public (search engine findable-ha! Call myself a writer) site. I could be wrong but the same thing happened to me with my page. Now anyone can see it (if they know where to look:):

message 28: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) In case anyone is interested: I have been posting links for free books available on Kindle (they have daily specials). You don't actually need a Kindle to read them, as Amazon provide a free app for PCs, Tablets and mobile phones which allows downloading and reading. If anyone finds free books, post the links and share!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I've added Cobweb Designs to our page likes. It is the gallery I show at, it is run by three women, delightful friends. I wish you could meet them. They also offer healing and tarot readings, books, candles, you name it. As Pagan and Witchy as it gets.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

And Hex Magazine, who Frederick writes for.

message 31: by Markblomst (new)

Markblomst | 2 comments I am very interested in the free books from Kindle. Downloaded Kindle today and it is very easy to use. Also downloaded some of the free books from the links you posted... thanks, this is great!

message 32: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) Markblomst wrote: "I am very interested in the free books from Kindle. Downloaded Kindle today and it is very easy to use. Also downloaded some of the free books from the links you posted... thanks, this is great!"

Glad you're finding the links useful. I hope others post links to freebies, too!

message 33: by Markblomst (new)

Markblomst | 2 comments I know I will :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I posted my Gothic Fantasy/Pagan short story which is currently free on amazon.com too.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, I've just followed up on six of those links on our FB page and downloaded all of them. This is great!

message 36: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) I found all found most of Andrew Lang's books available for free over the weekend. He did a series of fairy and folk tales, which may be of interest for those with children.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I love folk tales. Lang's are good, Joseph Jacobs is my favourite. Do you have the links for them, Ancestral?

message 38: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) I'm afraid I don't; I just did a search in Kindle books for his name and downloaded all the freebies. ;-)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll have a look now. I found all of Joseph Jacobs' on smashwords a while ago. They are 1.99 each, which meant that I quickly bought them all!

Here's the link to his page :
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/vie...

message 40: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments It's very quiet here at the moment - is everything happening on Facebook?

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

No, it's quiet there too. I'm in the middle of working on the edits for my MS--with a deadline. I'll be a bit scarce for a while.

message 42: by Ancestral (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) I'm busy at work, which means I don't have much time for the net at the moment. :(

message 43: by Nell (new)

Nell Grey (nellgrey) | 1682 comments Busy editing too, just wondered. :)

message 44: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) | 252 comments And another... I have a real addiction to GR and I had to stay severely Off for a whole week to get my book in order.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

May the Muses visit us all. :) Georgina.

message 46: by Ancestral (last edited Mar 30, 2012 03:49PM) (new)

Ancestral Gaidheal (gaidheal) What a shame we received no entries. For the moment, the background will remain blank. :(

To think I was prepared to offer a £20 Amazon (or other online bookstore) voucher to a winner, if we had enough entries to create a vote.

message 47: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) | 252 comments No, no, we have a blank?
I'm no use on images - I'm told my brain isn't visual - but I'd have liked to vote.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I have an image we could use temporarily (it's a cropped one). I just posted it on my page. A soon as we find something else we can change it over. Have a look and see what you think. Won't be offended if you think it won't do.

http://www.facebook.com/gothicwriter

message 49: by Bryn (new)

Bryn Hammond (brynhammond) | 252 comments Wow, I've just been to your Facebook gallery. Wow. I like the bats in the head. - I didn't mean to write flippantly about that - just came out. And I go for metaphors in pictures. Says a lot to me.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really glad that you like my work. There's more on my website, although I have hundreds of images from exhibitions that I still have to scan....Once I buy a a scanner.

« previous 1