You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Chit Chat About Books > If you were a character, who would you be?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments When I was in my early twenties, I read, and fell in love with The Bronze Horseman.

Subsequently, I spent a lot of time imagining if I was Tatiana, if I would do things differently, how I would react in the same situations, and if I would have had the same ending.

Do you have a favourite book character that you can sympathise with, want to be, or even NOT want to be?

message 2: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Russell That's a hard one, but if I had to pick one character, I would be Lily Evans from Harry Potter, but I would have picked Severus Snape instead of James Potter.

message 3: by Judy (last edited Nov 03, 2011 02:15PM) (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments When I was a kid, I wanted to be Avis in The Horse and His Boy or Jo March in Little Women. As an adult, I don't know.... :)

Great question, Kat, it will be fun to see what everyone says.

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47271 comments Good question, Kat!

When I was around 10, I would have loved to have been Nancy Drew. I must have read every book in the series.

More recently, I would have to say I would have wanted to be Sayuri in Memoirs of a Geisha. The last book that I liked the heroine was Thunderhead. Any book that I really enjoy is one where I connect with one of the characters.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Hmm. I'll have to think on this. Off the top of my head, I'd like to be the mom in the series that includes Henry and Mudge and the Happy Cat. She's pretty, and the house & yard are spectacularly suited to my taste.

message 6: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Speaking of children's books, Cheryl, I think I'd like to be Sid in Six-Dinner Sid! Especially, since I'm feeling hungry right now. :)

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lonelydoll21) | 84 comments I definitely wanted to be Nancy Drew when I was a young 'tween. And I know this one may be surprising but I really also wanted to being one of the girls in the classic V.C. Andrew's series, Flowers in the Attic. I can't find the thread but recently someone mentioned Edgar Sawtelle - well I am one of those that gave that book 5 stars. I would have liked to have been Edgar's dog.

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Michelle, Edgar's dogs did have it good. My F-I-L always says he wishes he could come back as one of his wife's cats for the same reason. LOL!

message 9: by Kipahni (new)

Kipahni | 144 comments when I first read this thread I thought you were asking who were you most like. to which the response would be "the doctors wife" from blindness, or kat from hunger games.

Who would I like to be? Alice from Alice and wonderland or the little boy milo in the phantom toll booth.

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Well it could be who you want to be like. I always wanted to be like Ellie in Tomorrow, When the War Began but I wouldn't want to be her!

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Well, I like, admire, and *somewhat* would want to be like Mrs. Ingalls, Laura's mother. But I would not want to be her!

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy (patchworkcat) | 5760 comments Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Well, I like, admire, and *somewhat* would want to be like Mrs. Ingalls, Laura's mother. But I would not want to be her!"

How about being Laura? She had more fun. :)

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I just can't presume - she's so iconographic.

message 14: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanyaamber) I love the character of Elizabeth Bennet of Pride and prejudice..I would like to be Elizabeth Bennet..

message 15: by Dorottya (new)

Dorottya (dorottya_b) | 35 comments I'm kind of like an austenian Lizzy (Bennet) and Anne (Elliot) combined.