BOOK-A-HOLICS discussion

Book Chat > WHAT TO READ IN HEAVEN?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wes, Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:22PM) (new)

Wes (pricerightbooks) | 473 comments Mod
Being a Book-Aholic has given me some worry. If/when I die and go to heaven will I still be able to read? What books will be in heaven? Will everything be on an approved for heavenly values reading list? Will the only author be moses? Can I sit in a local cloudbucks to read and listen to harmonic music? Will there be restricted reading material? Maybe there will be no reading at all?
Food for thought and discussion..
ANYONE GAME?
WES

message 2: by Phillip (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:23PM) (new)

Phillip Wes
As an experiment, I might like to read The Bridges of Madison County. It would be interesting to find out if I still vomited and wanted to strangle someone after I read as much as I could stand. You wouldn't think that response would be allowed in Heaven, but I just can't imagine feeling any differently.

message 3: by Jeannie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Jeannie | 13 comments Wes,
In a good many movies that deal with the subject of angels, the theory seems to be that these angels actually "live" in libraries. I LOVE this thought!
My only concern would be that some of the titles I am "waiting" to read, may not be on the shelves.

Pehaps we can go from library to library ? This would be my idea of heaven ! Course my second husband would always argue that heaven was a place where Miller Lite grew on trees.....

message 4: by Wes, Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

"Mmmmm.... Beer.... ugggllll" by Homer Simpson

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Cloudbucks... LOL.

Although, the stars are part of the heavens, so I still think there will be Starbucks!

Actually I know there will be Starbucks because I know Jesus loves me.

message 6: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:46PM) (new)

Rachel | 4 comments For anyone whose ever read "The Five People You Meet In Heaven", i kind of would like to think of Heaven like that. A place where you can create your eternity, and perhaps even intermingle among those eternities of others. I know personally that I would choose a rather nice victorian house, dominated by a large and full library... :P

message 7: by Wes, Moderator (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

I shall be the first to buy a chain of Starbucks or Cloudbucks in Heaven.
But mine will have books with Beethoven playing live in the background.
The opener will be some groovy bluegrass.

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:47PM) (new)

Elizabeth (candlestick) | 8 comments Maybe all those people who are in Heaven are writing libraries of literature for members to read when they get there. I can't wait to read all the books that God wrote in His chill time. I bet angels will introduce novels like James and the Giant Peach and Anne of Green Gables to kids that weren't ever born. Each book will have hundreds of different translations to choose from. I just know that if God loves me like He says He does in the Bible, He will let me be a Librarian.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (ldtchr) | 33 comments Oh goodness, in heaven I will finally get to have my library with wall to ceiling books - I picture it like the library in the Beast's castle in the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast - though I doubt I'd do much dancing. And I figure if I made it to heaven, I'd get to read whatever I want - and no waiting for the shipment or need to put it on hold!!