Teresa Medeiros Fans! discussion

Help Center > How to...Add an Image or Picture (you can adjust the size) (advanced)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jan 26, 2012 02:21AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 590 comments Adapted from Mandie's post of Dec 03, 2010 06:03am from the "Nothing But Reading Challenges" group.

How to post a picture, like a bookcover, that is not available on GoodReads or on Photobucket. For example, one of the gazillion bookcovers to Alice In Wonderland.

description
Or a nice picture like this (view spoiler).

To post a picture, you click on (some html is ok) in the right-hand corner above a comment box, and it says (by the bulleted word image) you put this
img src="http://www.goodreads.com/image..." width="40" height="100" alt="description"/
in between the < > signs. Some things need changing for each picture. I have made them bold (above and below) and I'll put an example in to show what to do.

The first thing to change is where you got the picture from. Removed the http://www.goodreads.com/image... (which is called a url) located between the two quotation marks and paste the url of the website that displays only the picture you want to post, e.g. the full size image page from a Google or Yahoo search. If you click again on a picture at a website it will often take you to this page where only the picture is displayed.

The second section is the proportions of the picture. These can be the size that you want; however, the width must be from 0-400 and the height must be from 0-1000. You may have to fiddle with these numbers to get the desired size. Use the preview before you post to check the size. The description section is the text that is displayed if the image can't be displayed.

This is an example of an unavailable bookcover of Alice In Wonderland. This is not the picture from Goodreads because, as Lisarenee said, this doesn't work.

This is the text you would paste between the first set of quotation marks " ".
http://brandax.blog.com/files/2010/05...
This is what it would look like if you used these directions correctly. I changed the width and height to 100 and 150 respectively:
description
Revision Note, 4/30/11: Sorry, everyone, for any misunderstanding! I previously had the following United Kingdom book cover Mockingjay posted, and it has since been added to GoodReads.
description
When you click on add book/author, as Debbie mentions below, you would get a bookcover that looks like this (if you look under "other edition"):
Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins
When I figure out how to add a bookcover to the GR library that looks other than this:
His American Duchess by Anna Schmidt
I'll post that in this folder. It looks difficult though, so don't hold your breaths, LOL!

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

Adjusting Size (in this case, height) to give a uniform appearance.

For my review of Gift from the Sea I wanted to use several pics; while they vary in width, they are all the say height (80) and look like this:

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

To paste in a picture from photobucket.com you would normally use the html code, but when adjusting the size, you need to use the Direct link as pointed to with the red arrow in Screen 1 and close-up in Screen 2 and paste between the first set of quotation marks " ":

Screen 1
Photobucket

Screen 2 - close up
Photobucket

message 2: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 739 comments Mod
Thank you so much for posting this Lisa!! I always have trouble with the formats on this site!

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 590 comments Did you like the pic under the first spoiler, Ronyell? **hee hee**

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 590 comments Added info after the ❀✿❀✿s.

message 5: by Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (last edited Jan 26, 2012 03:06AM) (new)

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Lisa Kay, do to have to register on Photobucket to use images from there? I've never used this before. I've generally saved a picture to my laptop/PC and then downloaded it as a picture on my profile. This doesn't work sometimes because there is no view image option available.

BTW loved the spoiler picture!

message 6: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 590 comments Ah! You actually read the instructions! LOL! Most people don't -- and miss all the fun. ☺ **hee hee**

Nah! Photobucket is free. You can copy anything you want and not tell them who you are. You don't have to register. Just sneak in and out anonymously. However, if you want, you can set up a small account for free. (At least, I think you still can.) Or you can get an account that holds a bit more and allows you to edit for a very small fee. Sorry, forgot the prices.

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* (httpsrakesandrascalswordpresscom) Thanks, Lisa Kay!

message 8: by Lisa Kay (new)