We love Susan Mallery! discussion

Archived Folders > •November Mix-and-Match Monthly Challenge•

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shellbelle (last edited Nov 02, 2011 06:04PM) (new)

Shellbelle  | 1168 comments Mod
description
•November Mix & Match Monthly Challenge•
(build your own challenge)
Duration: 11.01.11 - 10.30.11

♥Remember this is a build your own challenge, you can do as little or as much as you want. ENJOY!!!

message 2: by Shellbelle (last edited Nov 02, 2011 06:12PM) (new)

description Rules and Instructions!

Getting Started
♦Create your own challenge from the below categories and topics! To do that follow these steps....

description Choose the number of books you want to read for the month, starting as low as 1 book for the month up to however many you can fit in.
description Read through the below categories and topics and find the ones that you want to use to create your challenge.
description Based on the topics you chose, select your books that will fit with each choice. You can select some from each category or all of your selections can be from one category, it does not matter, it is your challenge! (These can be added later)

Some Basic Rules
description You may change or add to your list at anytime. You may also change the level of difficulty at anytime.
description Books may be re-reads but you can only read them during the Month of October.
description Please post the cover of the book if your category choice has something to do with the cover.
description Only books read in October can be counted for this challenge.
description You may use books from other challenges (so if you are doing Hero, Susanomics, etc... you can use any of the books you are using for those challenges)

Please Remember To...
description When you finish a book please strike it out, or add a check mark, Post the date that you finished it, and rate it 1-5, 1♥ being you didn’t care for it, 5 ♥’s being you Loved IT!
description Update Original List, and add occasional updates in the challenge thread. In your original list and updates make sure to add books completed example: 4/10 Completed

message 3: by Shellbelle (last edited Nov 03, 2011 07:08PM) (new)

description Categories and Topics to Build Your Challenge!

description We ♥ Susan Mallery!
Pick books that start with any of the letters in WE ♥ SUSAN MALLERY To add a little twist they have to fit in one of these three topics, (you can use each topic for as many letters as you want or use the same topic over and over, and you can choose 1 letter, a few, or all of them!) The description is a freebie and can be used to read an author you Love
descriptionGenre: Contemporary Romance -Choose a book from the Contemporary Romance genre.
descriptionTheme (Delicious): Second Chance Love- Pick a book that deals with second chances...in love, life, work, ect...
descriptionSubject:(Delicious)Cooking/Baking-

description Celebrate the Month
Choose a book that fits with one of the topics dealing with National Month categories and topics associated with November. Can deal with cover, colors, theme's, characters, title... Get Creative!!!

Choose from several November is National ____ Month/Week/Day!

descriptionPursuite of Happiness Week:
descriptionWorld Kindness Day:
descriptionNational Family Week:
descriptionThanksgiving:
descriptionBlack Friday

descriptionSadie Hawkins Day~ Book has a strong female heroine
descriptionPins and Needles Day~ Pick a book that keeps you on Pins and Needles...(Suspense, Horror, ect...)
descriptionNoShavember~(US-Beard, Austraila-Moustache)

description Cover to Cover!
Find a book with a Cover that matches the topic's listed below!
description Green (like cover of Delicious
descriptionGobble•Gobble Food, or people eating on the cover
description Happy Fall Ya'll Find a book with fall colors or a fall setting on the cover
description Election Day Cover is Red, White, and/or Blue. Or there is a politician on the cover
description Falling in Love (a couple of any sort on the cover)
descriptionCanada Day Pick a book that's cover is Red and White
descriptionRemember, you can choose a little from here and a little from there, or just do 1 category! Have Fun Building Your Challenge!

message 4: by Shellbelle (last edited Nov 23, 2011 03:15PM) (new)

description Participants Progress!

Shell 0/5
Cindy 3/13
Melissa 3/5
Carolyn 1/5
Kathy 2/3
Melissa 4/4
Hannah 0/??

Reserved

message 6: by Cindy (last edited Dec 01, 2011 07:27PM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments •November Mix and Match Monthly•
11.1.2011 - 11.30.2011
9/10 Did not complete in time :(

description We ♥ Susan Mallery!
description(Author): Flat-Out Sexy by *Erin MacCarthy 11.8.11 ♥♥♥♥
description S(Author): Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas 11.11.11 ♥♥♥♥
description S(Genre): Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis 11.13.11 ♥♥♥♥♥
description N(Theme): To Desire a Wicked Duke by *Nicole Jordan 11.4.11 ♥♥♥♥
description L(Genre): Smooth Talking Stranger by *Lisa Kleypas 11.23.11 ♥♥♥♥

Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1) by Erin McCarthy Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis To Desire a Wicked Duke (Courtship Wars, #6) by Nicole Jordan Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

description Celebrate the Month
description Pursuit of Happiness Week: Yours To Keep by Shannon Stacey 11.6.11 ♥♥♥♥
description National Family Week: The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood 11.26.11 ♥♥♥♥
description Black Friday: Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard 11.29.11 ♥♥♥♥

Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family, #3) by Shannon Stacey The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

description Cover to Cover!
description Green: The Pregnancy Test by Erin McCarthy 11.14.11 ♥♥♥♥
description Happy Fall Ya'll: Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves

The Pregnancy Test (NY Girlfriends, #1) by Erin McCarthy Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves

message 7: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Nov 18, 2011 04:52AM) (new)

~Melissa~ WLSM! Nov Mix&Match
11/1/11 ~ 11/30/11
4/4 Read

♥ ~ Irresistible 11/5/11 5/5♥
Sadie Hawkins Day ~ Magic Bleeds completed 11/3/11 rated 5/5♥
Sadie Hawkins Day ~ One Grave at a Time 11/9/11 5/5♥
Falling in Love ~ Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) 11/4/11 rated 5/5♥

Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Irresistible (Buchanans, #2) by Susan Mallery One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

Okay ladies it's ready! Let me know if there are any mistakes oryou have any questions!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 29, 2011 11:09PM) (new)

Yeah, it's ready!!! List to follow

❝November Mix & Match Monthly Challenge❞
Duration: 11.01.11 - 10.30.11

We ♥ Susan Mallery

♥: The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston 11/25 ♥♥♥
S: *Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis (re-read) 11/18 ♥♥♥♥
L: *Lola Carlyle Reveals All by Rachel Gibson
Y: *Yours For The Taking by Robin Kaye (re-read)
11/06 ♥♥♥♥♥

The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis Lola Carlyle Reveals All by Rachel Gibson Yours for the Taking (Domestic Gods, #4) by Robin Kaye

➜COVER TO COVER

♠GREEN♠
One For The Money by Janet Evanovich

One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich

message 10: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Nov 25, 2011 12:14PM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Celebrate the month BLACK FRIDAY Gabriel's Inferno ♥♥♥♥
Theme SECOND CHANCE LOVE Delicious
Subject COOKING BAKING Irresistible ♥♥♥♥
contempory romance Tempting by Susan MalleryTempting ♥♥♥♥
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardDelicious (Buchanans, #1) by Susan MalleryIrresistible (Buchanans, #2) by Susan MalleryTempting by Susan Mallery

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Melissa wrote: "Call me silly but I'm confused. I can pick whatever I want out of the categories correct? Sorry this is my first time." Choose how many books you want to read, then fit them to the categories given. I found it confusing my first time to!! check out other peoples postings too, for ideas.I'm only doing three at this stage, but may add more later. I't gets easier!

message 12: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Nov 05, 2011 02:59AM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Melissa wrote: "Okay, here is the start of my list. I will add as I am able. I wish I could make my entries fancy like you guys lol.

Celebrate the Month
Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovich"

You are doing fine.. It took me months to figure it all out!! at the top right of the comments box you will see add add author/book I figure you already know abot that. The symbols etc you get them online. just google( numbers)EG or words or letters or cartoons) and go to images Use the "some html is OK" link and copy and paste that way. You can add anything!
description Right
Click the picture you want to use click copy image url, then remove the blah blah bit between the " " and paste the url in there! Have fun Night night. Oh you have to change the size of your picture too! Only remebered that bit coz my fav characters were an odd shape LOl

message 13: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Nov 25, 2011 12:16PM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Celebrate the month BLACK FRIDAY Gabriel's Inferno ♥♥♥♥ Enjoyed this, Thanks Jennifer, for coming to my rescue!
Theme SECOND CHANCE LOVE Delicious ☺☺☺☺ Love SM! 3&4-Oct-11
Subject COOKING BAKING Irresistible ☺☺☺☺ 004&5-Oct-11
WELL!! I cant find another copy of Gabriel's Inferno! I was reading my PDF copy and got 5 chapters in(really enjoying it) and the whole thing fell apart one me. I have phoned the library, there isn't a copy in the country!! SO I'm going to have to change books.
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard Delicious (Buchanans, #1) by Susan Mallery Irresistible (Buchanans, #2) by Susan Mallery

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Now why did that come up as anew post!! weird!

message 15: by Cindy (last edited Nov 08, 2011 03:07PM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments Update: 2/13 completed

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments I think I'm back into the reading groove; is it too late to join the challenge?

message 17: by Shellbelle (new)

Okay I have everyone updated I think! And Hannah, I added you, so if your still interested you can always just add the books you have already read this month!!!

message 18: by ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (last edited Nov 14, 2011 07:37PM) (new)

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) WELL!! I cant find another copy of Gabriel's Inferno! I was reading my PDF copy and got 5 chapters in(really enjoying it) and the whole thing fell apart one me. I have phoned the library, there isn't a copy in the country!! SO I'm going to have to change books.

Ok. Can I just swap Gabriel's InfernoGabriel's Inferno for The vampire queen's servantThe Vampire Queen's Servant

The Vampire Queen's Servant (Vampire Queen, #1) by Joey W. Hill

Genre: Contemporary Romance Tempting by Susan Mallery☺☺☺☺ 14 nov 2011

message 19: by Shellbelle (new)

Kathy, that's fine! And I might have a pdf of Gabriel's Inferno if you want to read it still...I'll have to check!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) Shellbelle!! I'm all over the place!! I couldn't settle to The vampire queen's servant, but I wont give up on it. I will just go back to Gabriel because our Jennifer came to my rescue!! Thank you for the thought though! I'm also struggling with another challenge book, so think I'll have to change that as well. Hate that!! Thanks guys you are great.

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments ➜ We ♥ Susan Mallery

S: Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) by Jill Shalvis

L: Lola Carlyle Reveals All by Rachel Gibson

Cover to Cover!

Falling in Love: Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves

message 22: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ update:4/4 complete

message 23: by Shellbelle (new)

Great Job Melissa!!!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) I'm all done, have been for a while, just forgot to post that I had finished Gabriel's Inferno!

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments I'm done with 2. I'm reading Simply Irresistible now.

message 26: by Shellbelle (new)

Congrats Kathy!

message 27: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments I know I won't be able to read everything I had originally list, I updated my post and took out 3 books.

Update: 8/10 completed!

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ (mamabear7080) ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Congrats Kathy!"

Thanks Shellbelle! Once I got Gabriel's Inferno sorted I was away laughing! thanks to Jennifer! I have lost track of how many books I've read this month! I have to stop and clean up the skeletons of my starving family!!LOL

message 29: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 468 comments All done. Yay me! :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Update 3/5

message 31: by Shellbelle (new)

CONGRATS to all the FINISHERS!!!

message 32: by Cindy (last edited Dec 01, 2011 07:26PM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments I didn't finish, read 9/10. I'm almost done with the book though.

message 33: by Shellbelle (new)

Cindy wrote: "I didn't finish, read 9/10. I'm almost done with the book though."

Closer than me Cindy!LOL!

message 34: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 505 comments ♥Shellbelle♥ wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I didn't finish, read 9/10. I'm almost done with the book though."

Closer than me Cindy!LOL!"

It's so crazy during the holidays, not enough time to read everything that I wanted to :(.