Tess Gerritsen Fans discussion

In Their Footsteps (Tavistock Family, #1)
This topic is about In Their Footsteps
Romantic Suspense Novels > In Their Footsteps (Group Read - Jan/Feb 2012)

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marla, Grandmother of 3 (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marla | 41 comments Mod
From the vote it appears that our January Group Read will be In Their Footsteps

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 568 comments Mod
Will have to see if I can find it - good thing I've got a a couple of months :-)

Brenda How did you come up with In their footsteps, Marla?

Brenda wrote: "How did you come up with In their footsteps, Marla?"

In Their Footsteps won our recent poll:
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/55...

I voted for it on the poll because it's one of the few I haven't read :-)

Brenda Oh I didn't realize there was a poll, I just put my vote in the thread!!! Oops!!

Brenda wrote: "Oh I didn't realize there was a poll, I just put my vote in the thread!!! Oops!!"

so you nominated a title at least :-) which one did you nominate?

Brenda The Surgeon:)

Brenda wrote: "The Surgeon:)"

Okay. I wasn't going to vote for that one :-) but I was debating between Footsteps and Vanish.

Avid Series Reader (msbooties) If I had known there was a poll before it closed, of course I would have voted for Vanish - since I nominated it :-) It's the next book in the series after our current group read. I notice the reviews for In Their Footsteps are mixed...so I'll pass on that one, and hope I see a poll for March group read in time to vote.

Brenda I'll pass on Footsteps too...

Tracy Yeah! I have been waiting for a group read for this one. I haven't read it yet.

My library had In Their Footsteps on audiobook and in print and it is shorter than the average Gerritsen book. I will be reading this soon, but right now I'm reading Body Double :-)

I have started reading this. It's a short one so shouldn't take too long :-)

Susan wrote: "If I had known there was a poll before it closed, of course I would have voted for Vanish - since I nominated it :-) It's the next book in the series after our current group read. I notice the rev..."

Susan, I have posted a comment in the Mini-Group Read Discussion Forum. Maybe we can set up Vanish as a mini-group read before March. Please click here if you're interested:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 15: by Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl, Colorful Colorado (last edited Dec 03, 2011 11:46PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

"Yeah, I should just settle down on those ten acres in Connecticut. Declare myself Earl of Whatever and grow cucumbers."
-In Their Footsteps, Chapter One

I like the opening lines for Chapter Two:

(view spoiler)

Note: there is really no plot spoiler but it is a whole paragraph so I went ahead an marked it as such :-) The first sentence is "The Eiffel Tower was melting." I liked this because it grabbed my attention :-)

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily (emahh1) | 28 comments sorry, my library doesn't have it will have to pass on this one. :(

Brenda I have just discovered In Their Footsteps in my own library, unread, so I will definitely join in now:)

message 18: by Marla, Grandmother of 3 (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marla | 41 comments Mod
Brenda wrote: "I have just discovered In Their Footsteps in my own library, unread, so I will definitely join in now:)"

Glad you will be joining us.

Just finished the book yesterday. :-) Sorry, I could not wait until January.

Brenda Well, that's no good...not setting a good example there DC!! That's the whole idea of a challenge;D

Well, I didn't want to get behind like I did with Body Double :-)

Brenda Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Well, I didn't want to get behind like I did with Body Double :-)"

Ha! Excuses, excuses!!!!! Now you'll have to re-read it in January! ;)

I'm afraid I won't be doing that :-) I've got my Dean Koontz books to read.

But I will be reading Vanish in January :-)

Brenda OK...you'll enjoy Vanish...it's really good:)

Oh I know :-) I've already read it twice. This will be my third time.
Some of us are reading it as a Mini-Group Read if anyone else wants to join us, please feel welcome. Here is the link to the Discussion Thread:

Brenda Have finished In Their Footsteps and really enjoyed it. My review is here http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 28: by Marla, Grandmother of 3 (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marla | 41 comments Mod
I have also finished In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts by Tess Gerritsen . I am working on the second book part of this book now.

Brenda wrote: "Have finished In Their Footsteps and really enjoyed it. My review is here http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."

Glad you like the book so much. I didn't like it quite as much as you, I prefer her newer stand alones & Rizzoli & Isles series :-)

Marla wrote: "I have also finished In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts by Tess Gerritsen. I am working on the second book part of this book now."

So you're reading Thief of Hearts also - haven't read that one - not in a big hurry to do so either.

When do we start nominating for the next group read title? :-)

Brenda Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Have finished In Their Footsteps and really enjoyed it. My review is here http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/..."

Glad you like the book so much. I didn't lik..."

Thanks Dustin, I haven't found one I don't like yet!

Tracy Hey DC have you started Vanish yet? I ordered it from Amazon so I'm just waiting.

message 33: by Marla, Grandmother of 3 (new) - rated it 4 stars

Marla | 41 comments Mod
I have finished In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts by Tess Gerritsen

Tracy wrote: "Hey DC have you started Vanish yet? I ordered it from Amazon so I'm just waiting."

Haven't started yet but will soon. Here is the link to the discussion thread for Vanish:

Curlyhair | 20 comments I've just started to read this - better late than never!!

Curlyhair wrote: "I've just started to read this - better late than never!!"

What did you think?

Curlyhair | 20 comments Dustin Crazy little brown owl wrote: "Curlyhair wrote: "I've just started to read this - better late than never!!"

What did you think?"

I quite liked it actually. Yes it was a bit dated, but the story was good and had a fast pace.

Glad you enjoyed it. Of the Tess Gerritsen books I've read it is probably my least favorite - still I gave it four stars - I had to really stretch to give it four stars :-)