Start by marking “In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts” as Want to Read:
In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts

In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts (Tavistock Family #1-2)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  688 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews

IN THEIR FOOTSTEPS

The quiet scandal surrounding her parents' death has always haunted Beryl Tavistock. Now she's asking dangerous questions and the answers are proving that the past does not die easily. Pulled into a world of espionage, Beryl quickly discovers that she needs help, and ex-CIA agent Richard Wolf is her only hope. But in a world where trust is a double-ed

Published April 1st 2008 by Mira Books

To ask other readers questions about In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Their Footsteps / Thief Of Hearts

Regan
Jan 16, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romance nd romantic suspense
I've been reading Ms. Gerritsen's books from her first one in 1986 to the present. Her romances and romantic suspenses are always page turners. Given the choice though, on a re-read I'd pick one of her medical thrillers which had me laying awake at night thinking about them. Her's are the kind of books you pick up on a Friday night when you get home and sit there reading it till early Sunday morning on a non-stop marathon because you just can't stop.

One thing I've noticed about her romantic sus
Natalie
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense
I think the term "suspend your disbelief" applies to this one. What a ridiculous climax and finish. The characters were likeable enough, albeit not well developed, to keep me reading. I won't be going back for more.
Kade
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Love the Rizzoli & Isles series, but this was written before I think... more like romance novels my mom used to read with that action thrown in.... she was moving toward the action/mysteries here. So these two weren't my favorites, but I did read them. LOL. Go figure.
HÜLYA
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Orjinal Adı Thief Of Hearts Tavistock Aile Serisinin ikinci kitabı Serinin Goodreads puanı 5/3,56 Dershanenin puanım bu kitap için için 5/4
Beğenerek okudum işcilik Aristokrat, Ürdün, Tavistock ile Clea Pirinç'in kitabın başından itibaren başlayan macerasını çok sevdim..
Sagopa Harlequinn Kitabı olmasına ξενοδοχείο dolu dolu bir kitap idi..Yazarın diğer kitaplarındaki servis'imize tıbbı aşırı gerilim ve cinayet ile bezeli değildi..ve ama tam da benim istediğim servis'imize bir macera vardı eskiden
Siobhan
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I’ve read many Tess Gerritsen books – both her older romantic suspense books and her newer mystery books – and I can safely say she is one of my favourite authors. However, the Tavistock books failed to entertain me in the way I had hoped. Truthfully, they are my least favourite of all the Gerritsen books I have read.

Both had the promise of being wonderful reads. Both suggest at all Gerritsen has to offer in her romantic suspense books, yet neither story really pulled me in. There was the odd bi
Dora
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, romance
I listened to an audiobook that only contained the "Thief of Hearts." Clea Rice is a cat burglar who is being pursued by some bad guys with deep pockets and far reaching influence. She is surprised on one of her jobs when she meets Jordan Tavistock, a gentleman burglar who through his ineptitude nearly gets them both discovered. Jordan becomes obsessed with Clea and is certain that there is more to her story than that she is just a burglar. Clea just wants to complete her job and remain alive be ...more
Linda
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
I enjoy Tess Gerritsen's thrillers, and made the mistake of judging the book by it's cover with Thief of Hearts. This one turns out to be a romance novel, about an American woman, beautiful and irrestistible, and an English aristocrat, each of whom catches the other while they each burgle the same man's mansion. Yes, there's some intrigue and adventure, but my tolerance for gushing about the sexiness of the protagonists is very, very low. Just let me say that this might be immensely entertaining ...more
Natasha
Apr 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
In Their Footsteps: My first thought after being halfway through this book was that it wasn't Tess's finest. But when I was completely done, my mind had changed slightly. I love the romance, the chemistry and passion between Beryl and Richard. And the ending? It took me by moderate surprise.

Theif of Hearts: This was five stars. I love continuation novels, I honestly do. I just liked the relationship between Clea and Jordan better than that of Beryl and Richard. But that's my opinion. I finished
Terri Kinney
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Couldn't get through this. I found it ridiculous the heroine would be offended that the hero would run a background check after she broke into a house, was nearly blown up, and then shot at but was unwilling to come clean on why crazy shit like that would happen. And all within the first couple days of meeting each other. This woman clearly develops unrealistic emotional bonds with anyone in her company for more than five minutes.
Kathy
Aug 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, spy
Fousilly
This is one when she was transitioning from romance write to medical thriller and I'd place this one in a romantic suspense category. Well written as all her books are but a little too much romance for me. Wanted to read one of hers before she got into the medical thrillers and Rizzoli series so tried this one. Not terrible at all but not as great as the ones that cover after it.
Jill
Jan 21, 2011 rated it did not like it
When I read the synopsis of this book online it sounded like there was a chance that I would like it. Turns out that it was horribly written and the plots were so boring and not worth it even though this was part of Tess Gerritsen's early works.
Naomi Young
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, kindle, aclib
These are apparently early works of Gerritsen's; there just isn't the same plotting and depth of characterization as her current thrillers. They're more like cotton candy for the brain, very fluffy and light on plot and characterization.
Karen
Feb 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Liked both stories, well written, suspenseful and the proper amount of smut :-) I'm more of a fan of Ms. Gerrisen's books with the Rizzoli and Isles characters, but these two stories in one book were a nice treat.
Nicole
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it
These were pretty good political/spy thrillers. I liked Thief of Hearts better of the two. The author does a good job of developing her characters and generally keeps things from getting too predictable. I could do without the cheesy love scenes.
Sam Schreiber
Nov 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I typically enjoy Tess's books, at least those in the Rizzoli and Isles series. I immensely respect her as an author after meeting her at a book signing. But as far as this book goes, if I could give it less than one star I would. Bleeeech.
Lanette
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Enjoyed both books. Probably like In Their Footsteps more as it seemed a more probable attraction than Thief of Hearts. However, both storylines were entertaining. Not Gerritsen's finest work. [library ebook]
fivethousandbooks
Apr 23, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012
Thief of Hearts must be one of Gerritsen's early works before she discovered thriller writing. It's a wooden, schmaltzy romance story. I lasted two chapters before throwing the towel in...
Barb Innes
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
After reading several non fiction books..this was a fun read (audiotape)-Thief of Hearts.
Romance and a happy ending. Just what I needed...an escape book!
Megan Yost
I loved it! I wish there were more kids in the Tavistock family so there sould be more stories about them...
Lesli
Jul 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2009
Not the usual medical thriller from Gerritsen.
Marilyn
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Too much of a romance for my taste.
Katrina
I really enjoyed it! Quick easy reads and great romance
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
interesting pair of romantic suspense novels. the first about the sister and the second the brother of an english family mixed up in all sorts of international intrigue.
Kyte
Dec 11, 2016 added it
Least favorite of Tess Gerritsen books
Shirley
May 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Generally good plot, again too much a romance for me. Didn't realize she was such a romance author.
Teea
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
I listen to this one on audio. The narrator Nicola Barber did a splendid job with Mediocre writing.
Christina
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
While I really enjoyed this book, I think I still prefer Gerritsen's medical thrillers. However, this book shows her ability to move beyond one genre. I would recommend this book.
Kathleen
Jan 19, 2014 rated it liked it
great book. Was nice to have the two stories together.
M.
Oct 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Another escape. No, only if you really want to.
  • Down River
  • Der Regler
  • The Dragon and the Stars
  • Cuban Death-Lift
  • Der Menschenmacher
  • The Woman in the Alcove
  • Quarry's Cut (Quarry, #4)
  • Silent Partner: The Graphic Novel
  • Abiding Darkness: A Novel (The Black or White Chronicles, #1)
  • Hard News (Rune Trilogy, #3)
  • Too Close for Comfort
  • Can't Never Tell
  • Ich weiss, was du denkst. Das Geheimnis, Gedanken zu lesen
  • A Grave Mistake (Bayou #5)
  • A Man of Few Words
  • The Blue Light Project
  • Heart-Beast
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller
More about Tess Gerritsen...

Tavistock Family (2 books)
  • In Their Footsteps (Tavistock Family, #1)
  • Stolen (Tavistock Family, #2)

“In memory of Jim Heacock “In thy face I see the map of honor, truth, and loyalty.” —William Shakespeare Henry VI, Part III” 1 likes