Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel question

Ni Hen Piao Liang! (spoiler)
Andrea Andrea (last edited Oct 31, 2011 05:15AM ) Oct 31, 2011 05:15AM
did you google the translation after reading the teaser?

“Say something in Mandarin,” said Tessa, with a smile.
Jem said something that sounded like a lot of breathy vowels and
consonants run together, his voice rising and falling melodically: “Ni
hen piao liang.”
“What did you say?” Tessa was curious.
“I said your hair is coming undone — here,” he said, and reached out
and tucked an escaping curl back behind her ear. Tessa felt the blood
spill hot up into her face, and was glad for the dimness of the
carriage. “You have to be careful with it,” he said, taking his hand
back, slowly, his fingers lingering against her cheek.

Jennifer (last edited Nov 05, 2011 10:09AM ) Oct 31, 2011 05:28AM   2 votes
awww cute! ♥ JEM

I wish he would have told her that he really said she was very beautiful!

Arushi yeah, jem is ADORABLE <3
Nov 08, 2011 05:08PM · flag

Too cute! I never even thought to look this up. Thanks for making this topic =D It just re-established my Team Jem status for Clockwork Prince!

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always (last edited Oct 31, 2011 08:45AM ) Oct 31, 2011 08:43AM   1 vote
No, I didn't need a translator since I can understand Chinese.

"Ni hen piao liang" actually means "you're very beautiful".

Jem's super sweet! Plus, I find it unique that he can speak Chinese (well, Mandarin). And I like that I can translate. I guess Chinese class has use, after all (:

Arushi i like jem better for tessa, but he might die. if he does, i will cry :(
Nov 08, 2011 05:09PM · flag

deleted member Jan 23, 2014 04:57PM   1 vote
OHMYGOSH WHEN I WAS ON PAGE 186(YES I MEMORIZED THE PAGE NUMBER XD) OF CLOCKWORK ANGEL AND READ THAT PARAGRAPH I STARTED FREAKING OUT BECAUSE I KNEW JEM WAS LYING WHEN HE SAID "YOUR HAIR IS COMING UNDONE" YA LIE JEM YOU LIE AHHHHH I WAS FREAKING OUT!!!! I didn't have to look it up I already speak Mandarin AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I STARTED SQUEALING AND FREAKING OUT I WAS IN STUDYHALL XD

Yes definitely team Jem. He is so nice, and giving. He's not selfish and doesn't ask anything from anybody. I hope he gets Tessa in the end because it's the only thing he will ever really want (besides a cure of course). Will pretty much gets what he wants and damages people in the process.

TEAM JEM!!

I'm Chinese, so I knew what it what. I just didn't really think about it. So sweet! Jem, I officially love you now.

I never thought I'd say this but, TEAM JEM!

Cute Jem ♥ ...i want read the next book

MY BOYFRIEND JUST SAID THAT TO ME AND SINCE I READ THE BOOK A WHILE AGO IT TOOK A SECOND BUT THEN I REMEMBERED AND OMG IM FLIPPING OUT THIS IS AMAZING (the Mandarin phrase)

Jem is so cute!!!!! OMG!!!!!!! but i didn't need google translate or anything cuz I have been speaking chinese and taking classes since grade 1. and I had such a huge AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! moment when i read it.

Thats REALLY CUTE!!! Awwww Jem!! :)

AhhhhhHHH! SO SWEEEEEEEET<33333 LUV YEWWWW JEM<3

Jem is so romantic when he said that I squealed!!!!!

i've been taking chinese for three years and i had to look up what piao liang meant lolz! JEM IS SO SWEEEEEET!!!! <3