TWILIGHT HATERS discussion

Twilight (Twilight, #1)
This topic is about Twilight
Hello! > Hello, my name is Dan and I hate Twilight.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (last edited Dec 07, 2011 12:58PM) (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 35 comments Hello, I have recently joined this site because I really HATE Twilight and am sick to death from hearing about it.
I love vampire stories....but I hate Twilight.

A Vampire...is a vicous, killing machine, a reanimated corpse, demonic entity that rises at night to feed off of the blood of the living. It can only be killed by sunlight, fire, decapitation, silver, garlic, or a stake through the heart. Most of what we know about vampires, have seen in films, or read about them in books originated in the mythology of Eastern Eurtope. They are the embodiment of pure Evil.

Originally, a vampire was like a zombie, just a bloodsucking corpse that rose from its grave to drink the blood of the living. Than, a few writers durning the nineteenth century (such as Bram Stoker), made them a little more sophisticated. They have evolved to an extent and so far that has been fine...until now. Now, Stephanie Meyer has reduced them to fangless, perverted fairy like creatures that "sparkle" (not die) when exposed to sunlight. Vampire fiction was great until Twilight came along. Now I fear that Twilight has ruined the image of the vampire! Thanks Stephanie Meyer, for ruining my favorite genre of horror. Please stop writing books and making movies.

message 2: by Jamine Isabel E. Uy, The creative makes-awesome-stuff-for-us one (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jamine Isabel E. Uy (candy-rain) | 3069 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Dan!! *hugs and cookies* We are happy we have a new member!

Unfortunately though, the group is becoming real busy with their lives especially me, so it's hard to mod everything.

But I'd be finished with my law exam tomorrow so I'd be free to come up with nice topics for everyonbe ^__^ hope you can wait then :D

message 3: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 35 comments Hey, I'm leaving. Well....not leaving, I'll stick around. Another GR member and I have started our own anti-Twilight group called "Vampires Don't Sparkle". If anyone's interested you're more then welcome to join us...

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9...

message 4: by Summer Breeze (new)

Summer Breeze (summer_breeze) That is a cool name for a group.Oh by the way, I'm new too.I hate Twilight to the guts. I used to love Robert Pattinson and cried buckets when he died in Harry Potter.Then came Twilight and I hate everyone involved in that lousy excuse for a book/movie.

message 5: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 35 comments Thanks. I noticed you joined our group.

message 6: by Summer Breeze (new)

Summer Breeze (summer_breeze) Yeah,well. But I don't completely agree with your view. I mean sure,vampires are nasty creatures and not sparkling unicorns but I'm okay with non-violent vampires like Stefan Salvatore in Vampire Diaries.

message 7: by Dan (last edited Feb 27, 2013 07:16PM) (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 35 comments Meghana wrote: "Yeah,well. But I don't completely agree with your view. I mean sure,vampires are nasty creatures and not sparkling unicorns but I'm okay with non-violent vampires like Stefan Salvatore in Vampire D..."

There are exceptions to my view of vampires. Like Stefan Salvatore as you mentioned, as well as Nick Knight from Forever Knight as well as Spike and Angel. Oh, and everything I said up there was written almost a year and a half ago when I was going through this whole "Rage against Twilight" thing. LOL.

message 8: by Summer Breeze (new)

Summer Breeze (summer_breeze) Well, that settles it. I just hope that Host thing Meyer is writing does not get adapted into a movie.

message 9: by Dan (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 35 comments Meghana wrote: "Well, that settles it. I just hope that Host thing Meyer is writing does not get adapted into a movie."

LOL...it already has. Haven't you seen the trailers?