Vampire Book Club discussion

Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1)
This topic is about Red-Headed Stepchild
Group Read > The November group read is RED-HEADED STEPCHILD

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (vampirebookclub) | 76 comments Mod
Have you already started the Sabina Kane series? If so, you're a step ahead.

If you haven't, pick up a copy of Jaye Wells' Red-Headed Stepchild and join VBC in reading it this month. The novel is urban fantasy with vampires, magic and the a sidekick character that you'll instantly love. Trust me here.

Are you in?

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments I'm excited this is the November read. I bought this on my kindle a couple months ago when it was discounted and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. This is the perfect reason to make me pick it up and read it sooner than I would on my own!

Missie (theunreadreader) This will be my first time participating. So excited!

message 4: by Chelsea (new) - added it

@Amy - I think that's true for a lot of people. I wish it were still discounted for those joining now, but at least it's mass market size (aka inexpensive).

@Missie - So glad you're joining it. This one is sure to be lots of fun.

Missie (theunreadreader) In case anyone is interested, Audible.com is having a sale on this series, and Red Headed Stepchild is $12.24 (reduced from $20.95). Sale ends on October 31st.

http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=wl_1?as...

message 6: by Ally (new)

Ally Super excited to read this one too! It's been left abandoned on my kindle since I bought it. It seems to happen quite a bit with Urban Fantasy books I buy and I can't say why :(

message 7: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Ally wrote: "Super excited to read this one too! It's been left abandoned on my kindle since I bought it. It seems to happen quite a bit with Urban Fantasy books I buy and I can't say why :("

I think a lot of people snagged it while it was on sale, but haven't yet read it. So, don't feel bad. Now you have motivation to finally read it, right?!

message 8: by Ally (new)

Ally Chelsea [Vampire Book Club] wrote: "Ally wrote: "Super excited to read this one too! It's been left abandoned on my kindle since I bought it. It seems to happen quite a bit with Urban Fantasy books I buy and I can't say why :("

I th..."

Yep totally! :D

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Ramseyer Hi :),

I put an interlibrary loan request for this Thursday; I am hoping she'll have time to find it soon.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Kindle or a Nook, and have dial-up for my internet connection, so my Kindle PC program is iffy. I prefer to hold a book in my hands anyway, most of the time.

Glad to be here.

Theresa

Marie-claude Perras | 1 comments I loved the book. Can't wait for the discussion forum about the book. My name is Marie-claude, I'm new to the club and looking forward to contributing. I've also ordered last month's read and will read on my own.

Karen (cercer2007) | 1 comments Doesn't look like i'll be getting in on this months book read but maybe next month!!

message 12: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy A | 27 comments I'm more than halfway through the book and loving it. Can't wait to talk about it! Also, probably going to buy the other books in the series once I'm done with the first.

message 13: by Lacy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lacy (gapeachy) | 5 comments I'm about a quarter of the way through. I'm enjoying it, it's just taking a while to get into the world building.

Elise (redentrapy) Just joined. Never read it but I just bought it on my kindle now so I shall start it tonight. Nice to meet all of you and hope you are all having a fantastic day.