What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: Mystery Children's book from the 70's or 80's... [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marlo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Marlo | 10 comments Each chapter of this book had a different mini mystery accompanied by a picture with clues to help solve it.
Other then the one picture in each chapter it was all text.

The book might have had a boy and girl team of detectives but I know there was a boy in it for sure and maybe a dog???
Also, the name Chip seems to stick out but unfortunately I am unsure about that too.

Any help would be appreciated :)
I was obsessed with these books in the mid 80's and I would love to find one to give to my 7 year old son.

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments The only thing I can think of is Encyclopedia Brown? That was a boy, think he had a dog, with each chapter a different mystery.

message 3: by Marlo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Marlo | 10 comments Unfortunately it wasn't Encyclopedia Brown although it was definitely in the same realm!!
Good call.

message 4: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments darn! :)

message 5: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:16PM) (new)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments The one I have is older and sounds as though it contains different stories, but was it a version of the Alfred Hitchcock's Solve Them Yourself Mysteries? Mine was a book specifically for kids.

message 6: by Alexandra (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Alexandra | 40 comments oh! I remember those!

message 7: by Marlo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:17PM) (new)

Marlo | 10 comments You guys are good, because although it is not the book that I am thinking of I used to read both Alfred Hitchcock's Solve Them Yourself Mysteries and Nate the Great!
Once again definitely in the same realm.

message 8: by Dini (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Dini Could it be the Hawkeye Collins and Amy Adams Series by M Masters? It's about a boy and a girl solving mysteries and I remember one of them had a dog. This Hawkeye boy has great eyesight and draws pictures of the crime scene to help solve the mysteries. Here is the link to one of the books.

message 9: by Marlo (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Marlo | 10 comments YES!!!!!!
Dini, that is it!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am so psyched!

And thanks to everybody else too!

I can't tell you all how much I appreciate this. =)

message 10: by Dini (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:19PM) (new)

Dini My pleasure. Hey, it's the first time I guessed right in this group! ;)