The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Intros, Questions & Suggestions > Introducing Myself

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Tiffany | 59 comments Hey everyone. I stumbled across this group and since I love the Gilmore Girls, I decided to join. I haven't read too many classics and I would really like to start reading some. I am looking forward to participating here. Thanks for letting me join!
Tiffany

message 2: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Tiffany Hi Tiffany,
Welcome to the group!
Tiffany =)

message 3: by Shannon, the founder of fun (back from sabbatical) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Shannon | 254 comments Mod
Welcome Tiffany! We have a great group here.

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Hi Tiffany!

message 5: by Alison, the guru of grace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Alison | 1282 comments Mod
Hi Tiffany! I live in TN, too. That cake looks good!

message 6: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Meghan Yay! More fun people. And someone who will bring cake! heh

message 7: by Sarah (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Uh oh. Do NOT get this woman around cake. LOL

message 8: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Tiffany | 59 comments Martha Stewart ladies, she's the bomb! This cake was from the July 2007 issue of Living and no, mine does not really look anything like hers! ;)

message 9: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Tiffany My 4-year-old daughter wanted to make that same cake when she saw it in the magazine but I was too intimidated to try it. LOL

message 10: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

whichwaydidshego | 1996 comments Mod
Tiffany yours looks fantastic - and I once had a catering and party planning business so I know of what I speak! Well done! (And yum!!!)

Anyway, so glad you've joined us and glad you are already participating!

message 11: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:12PM) (new)

Meghan Hey, anyone who brings cake is a friend indeed in my book! (yeah, I love cake)

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin | 47 comments Hi Tiffany! Welcome! Martha is amazing (except for that insider trading thing! :)

message 13: by Arctic (last edited Dec 26, 2007 10:22AM) (new)

Arctic | 571 comments Welcome Tiffany! I have to agree that Martha's recipes are consistently fantastic. I had an apple strudel cake and some pumpkin bread of hers at Thanksgiving that were to die for! (but yeah too bad about that trading incident..)

edit: ha! just noticed this post is about two months old. oh well. you're still welcome all the same! ;)

i'm off to make some more pumpkin bread now...

message 14: by Sera (new)

Sera Martha has a great Orzo stuffing recipe that I've made a few times for Thanksgiving. Her recipes are very good, but I think that some of are very difficult to make or require some bizarre ingredients. The desserts that you mentioned sound wonderful, though.

message 15: by Shaindel (new)

Shaindel | 54 comments Wow...all of this food talk is making me HUNGRY! I went crazy yesterday and HAD to make chocolate pudding; I don't know what happened to me.

I do have peach muffins I could just thaw. Hmmm...

Anyway, I never know where to post stuff like this, but I co-hosted the Moe Green Poetry Hour Wednesday, in preparation for my OWN POETRY RADIO SHOW! (Yes, I'm excited enough to justify all caps.)

If you'd like to give it a listen, I'd appreciate it, and my show specializes on poetry in translation, so if you know any poets translating work of other poets, let me know :-)

Here's the link you can listen to:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/2...

Take care,
S

message 16: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

That's great, Shaindel! So proud of you! I'm on a trip just now, so will check in on it soon. You go girl!

message 17: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (spencerafreeman) Hi, I can't believe there is a book club based off Rory Gilmore- could there be anything better? I LOVE LOVE the Gilmore Girls! I AM Rory: bookworm, journalist, movie obsessed, and bff with my mom. This is possibly the best group ever, and I am looking forward to using this group to expand my knowledge of books while chatting with others about my all-time favorite tv series.

message 18: by whichwaydidshego, the sage of sass (new)

Yea, Anastasia! What a wonderful thing to be best friends with your mom, too! So glad you're here. If you haven't already, voting is still open for our September books. So give it a go! Cheers, and welcome.