Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac discussion

ending

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Camille is it just me, or did this book have an unsatisfying ending?

Abby what happened in the end? i dont remember.

Alexandra Abby wrote: "what happened in the end? i dont remember."

I was afraid it would have an unsatisfying ending, because the rest of the book just isn't as good as Elsewhere. :(

I'll let you know in about 60 pages.

Alexandra Yeah, it had an unsatisfying ending.

The events leading up to it (such as, about 5-10 pages after I posted that last thing) were good, but the ending was just...boring.

Basically she walked to Will's car with him.
That's it.

Abby i did like the last sentences though. the last... two? idk why. i just liked them. Alexandra is right about elsewhere. it is really good, and it is beter than MTA. and im not done with it yet.

Alexandra Abby wrote: "i did like the last sentences though. the last... two? idk why. i just liked them. Alexandra is right about elsewhere. it is really good, and it is beter than MTA. and im not done with it yet."

They were kinda...peaceful, if that makes any sense.

Elsewhere is my absolute FAVORITE book. I've read it twice. (:

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Abby wrote: "what happened in the end? i dont remember."

I was afraid it would have an unsatisfying ending, because the rest of the book just isn't as good as Elsewhere. :(

I'll let you know in a..."

i liked it better then elsewhere... but that's just me....

message 8: by Emi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emi i like this book but the ending ... didn't fell like a proper ending...

george ☽ Ƙȧƴȧ wrote: "Alexandra wrote: "Abby wrote: "what happened in the end? i dont remember."

I'll..."

yeah, i agree

Bethany (endpages) I agree that the ending was kind of unsatisfying. It really doesn't have a PANG.

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I was expecting something big. Like she would get amnesia again or something. But no. What a let down. :'(

(Personally, I think elsewhere is the best book Zevin wrote.)

Alice I think that the author wanted to make it one of those cliffhanger endings that makes you want a sequel, which I hate because there isn't a sequel to this particular book, so I was completely cut off from the blossoming relationship of the guy and the girl (I forget their names).

message 13: by Eden (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eden I really liked what her father told her at the end... It was comfortingly sad and true and a mix of things.

Nothing major happens at the end, but it isn't really that type of book.

Wendy I did want more but it ended as it should. It is up to the reader to fill in the blank. So wanting more didn't ruin the book for me, like others have!

Kimberly I have mixed feelings about the ending. One part of me, like Wendy said, liked how it was open. While another part of me thinks it was to open. I want to know if she got together with Will or if they remand friends or what. It was just so open. I wish there was more.

Areana Felix The ending of the book wasn't what I really expected. I really wish that Naomi choose James. Even though he was the bad guy i really liked him. I hated her boyfriend Ace because to me he wasn't worth it, i mean when she lost her memories he wanted to have sex with her again. James liked her and protected her threw out the book, like when she forgot stuff he would help her. Also for her project James helped her find old cameras for the project. But other than that it was good book.

Jennifer Yes!!!!!!!! I thought it was all leading up to Naomi and Will admitting their feelings and kissing! Naomi never even told Will how she felt! SO frustrating!!!!! I thought Will showed up at the school to finally make his move because he regretted not doing it when she broke up with Ace and then she was with James and the timing was always bad but the timing was finally good so why didn't it happen!!??? I guess we are to assume it did eventually?!?!?