Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, #3) Eclipse discussion

Did any of you like the new Victoria or the old one was Better?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Gloria Bryce Dallas Howard
or Rachelle Lefevre?

Kate Rachelle Lefevre.

In New Moon she was EXACTLY how I imagined her. I was sad that Bryce Dallas Howard got the part in the third movie.

Gloria i totally agree with you!

Ruby Hollyberry Me too. Rachelle Lefevre was so much better!

Kimi Rachelle Lefevre.

Gloria i hated the new victoria whenshe was playing in eclipse, her face was just like a too sweet type, rachelle Lefevre was perfect for it

AlbertaJenn Rachelle was so good, she didn't even have to say a word to portray pure evil in New Moon.

Bryce had the right voice, true. But the hair! They put a red wig on a redhead! She looked like a red sheep!

Elaine Rachelle all the way; but you know Bryce Dallas was the original but she had scheduling conflicts and that's how Rachelle got the part.

AlbertaJenn Elaine wrote: "Rachelle all the way; but you know Bryce Dallas was the original but she had scheduling conflicts and that's how Rachelle got the part."

Actually, they offered her the role in the beginning, but she turned it down because it was too small for her. She only liked the role once she got to be a "star" of the film, and knew that the series was a huge success.

http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2009/0...

message 10: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Rachelle all the way. Bryce was all wrong for the part and that wig was ridiculous. You would think that with the amount of money the movies made they would be able to afford decent looking wigs.
I know that the movies were a huge success and that is what matters to the studio anyway, but Twilight is one of the worst book to movies adaptation out there.

Lindis Russell I liked the original, Rachelle. But I thought that Bryce did a good job with the part.
No since in whining about it, can't do anything about it. : )

message 12: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo I don't care. But in Vampires Suck they paint it as a big tragedy.

TEAM SCREW BELLA!

Gloria ok calm down

message 14: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo I wasn't wild. I added it as an afterthought.

Gloria Jo wrote: "I wasn't wild. I added it as an afterthought."

sorry lol its funny though

message 16: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo Thanks.
"She got--RECAST." That's a Vampires Suck quote.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

I honestly think that Bryce Dallas Howard was better, because she looked a little sweet and in the the short second life of Bree tanner, Bree said Victorias voice was babyish. They are both really good Victorias though.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Though the voice and the look arnt really the same but.....

Tanecia oohh come on you cant possibly say Bryce played victoria better then Rachelle! Bryce looked like an amatuer actor that they just stuck in because the better actor couldnt make it! Bryce was like an under-study to Rachelle everyone noticed who was the better actor. Rachelle was born for this part she has the hair the looks and just natural acting ability. Bryce on the other hand looked terrified of playing the part,and her acting seemed forced and she couldnt make me believe she was suppose to be the "original" victoria sorry Rachelle owned it! just my opinion....

Ashlyn Rachelle was sooo much better! She's prettier too!

message 21: by Mae Therese (new) - added it

Mae Therese i think i liked the old one best..more evil in her..

Iyana i like the old victoria better the new one has an annoying voice and doesnt have that evil thing going for her, the new victoria made her character completely unbelievable

╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁Kathy,Ahmazing Book Faerie꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺ Rachelle Lefevre All the way! Bryce Dallas Howard waas just so wrong for the part, too sweet and girly, and not even a great actress.

Iyana ♥☆♫★♡ Kathy♡♥☆♫★ wrote: "Rachelle Lefevre All the way! Bryce Dallas Howard waas just so wrong for the part, too sweet and girly, and not even a great actress."

So true!

Jenny Gottlieb Can anyone picture Bryce Dallas Howard saying "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball" in that same menacing tone that Lefevre captures in Twilight. It would've been a joke. Rachelle is Victoria. No doubt.

Gloria omg no way, eww!

Breanna The old one was sooooo much better and prettier then the new one.

Rachael Definitely the first one.

leia_solo Rachelle was the better Victoria.

message 30: by Jo (new) - rated it 1 star

Jo VAMPIRES SUCK.

Sally 100% Rachelle. Big mistake on their part for the recast!

AlbertaJenn Lindis wrote: "I liked the original, Rachelle. But I thought that Bryce did a good job with the part.
No since in whining about it, can't do anything about it. : )"

And the character is dead now, in the films any way! ;-)

ضحى الحداد the original is so much better

Julia Rachelle!!!!

message 35: by Alejandra (new) - added it

Alejandra Rachelle!!! It wasn't the same.

Amanda the old one... i was sooo mad they replaced her.. hate when movies do that.. it's really not the same.. like we can't tell u replaced a character.. smh

Ariel Hmm...I'm not sure. If you talk about the acting, then I really am NOT sure cuz I only watched Twilight and Eclipse, not New Moon, and Rachel-Victoria didn't act much...she didn't, right? Can't remember. Anwyays, I think rAchel looked better than the new one. :P XD

Maria Schember Well at first im was like "omg!" becuase im not the kind of person who dosent notice change. but i really dont care that much now shes not the biggest charecter anyway.

Matthew Leeth Rachelle Lefevre

message 40: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn Rachelle

Jennifer Rachelle Lefevre i personally think she is just an all around better actress

Mindnights Rachelle. She acts more violent, more mature, more badass, more evil, she looks so WILD there and this is how Victoria should look like, I think.

Angel / YA rules!/ Kate wrote: "Rachelle Lefevre.

In New Moon she was EXACTLY how I imagined her. I was sad that Bryce Dallas Howard got the part in the third movie."

i agree, Rachelle Lefevre is also how i imagined Victoria... =)

Gloria Bryce Dallas Howard i reckon she did just an okay job at victoria, but hell no she wasnt even at least close to being better than Rachelle Lefevre. I liked how Rachelle looked like exactly the way i pictured her in new moon, poor thing Harry died though

Black Queen The old one was way better then the new one, I wonder why they got a new victoria any ways.

Esther Li I liked the old one. She was way better and I wonder why did they ever change her.

Gloria she got replaced because of... i seem to have forgotten? look it up

Kerri Having a sweet face doesn't make Howard a bad Victoria, or not Victoria at all, it makes the evil worse. It's surprising and unexpected and ironic.

Kerri I heard Lafevre got replaced because of contract breach... I don't know, just a rumor. or Maybe if Howard was meant to be the original Victoria they decided to switch them around in Eclipse. or Scheduling conflicts-again.

Katharina I feel like I would have liked the first one better nomatter who it was. It is really hard to swich actor.

« previous 1