Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > All Pub dates gone

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments I am not sure what is up but all the books by McCammon, Robert R. on my shelf have no publishing date and when I tried to add the author to this link the search did not find him?

message 2: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl I've always found that you have to enter the author's name exactly as found in the database - Robert R. McCammon rather than McCammon, Robert R. I found him that way. The publishing dates are showing up on his author page.

message 3: by Shay (new)

Shay | 179 comments Ralph, I have found that some authors are just hard to pull up by search. Whether it's because of an initial or a misspelling, they just can't be found. When that happens, it's easiest to just input the name of a title of one of their books. That book will have a link to their name as entered into the GR database.

message 4: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments That does not seem proper. When I enter just "McCammon" I get three other enteries. The books on my shelf that are showing no Pub date are: Boy's Life, Gone South, Stinger, Bethany's Sin. I have refreshed my shelf and there is no change.

message 5: by Ralph (new)

Ralph McEwen | 40 comments Maybe I am not being clear the search problem is here at the "add book / author" link.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments The search function/hyperlink function is buggy, today...several threads are mentioning having issues.