Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Movie)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I'm just wondering, for those of you who have seen the movie, What did you think about it?

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Saw it last night and loved it....

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah I liked it too! I thought it followed along with the book pretty well.. some things still bothered me though.

But it was better than the rest IMO.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I thought so too....other then the first two this one followed the book more then the others...

message 5: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments We can't wait to go see it. My 6 year old has been begging since Friday, but we haven't been able to go. I'm so glad to hear that it's closer to the book. Hope to go see it this weekend.

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I mean, me being a little obsessed over the books, I still noticed details that weren't quite right. But honestly, I was so absorbed in the movie that it didn't bother me as much. I think the worst movie was the fourth because so much was changed from the book. It was pretty awful.

I still can't believe this is the last movie. At least after the book came out, I knew it wasn't over because there were still movies to be released. But now, that really is it. The end of an era. :( How sad.

message 7: by Shanna (new)

Shanna (rubberparrot) | 75 comments Yep Jess I notice the book/movie differences. but then all the movies were different suppose though if ecah move was exact to the book it'd be a veeerrry long movie even for the early shorter books. I did love it though. I agree about the end of an era though. Hav you checked out James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing they free to down load I've not read them yet though they are on my tbr list

message 8: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah I know that the movies would have been unbearably long, but still.. a girl can dream LOL.

I haven't checked out the James Potter stuff yet, I keep hearing about it though.

I wish Rowling would come out with something.. I would love to read something new by her. Maybe about the kids... just a thought! :)

message 9: by Shanna (new)

Shanna (rubberparrot) | 75 comments Me too! I don't think she has committed solidly either way yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I keep reading or hearing about interviews with Rowling saying that she will not be writing anything new. Hopefully it's a mistake lol.

message 11: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments I don't know if she's actually going to be writing any thing new, but she did talk about www.pottermore.com on the opening to the Blu Ray and DVD that came out on Friday, Nov. 11. She said that it's the same stories but she will be adding some detail and background to the site as you move through the stories. Don't know what that means yet because you can't access it yet unless you registered for the beta. But the information I've found says it will be opening soon.