Are You A Hunger Games Fanatic? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Chat-Archives > Which Hunger Games Character Would You Like To Be Most?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hope (new)

Hope As with everything else that goes in this topic, the title says it all. Answer this question: Which Hunger Games character would you like to be most and why?

message 2: by Ashcloud (new)

Ashcloud | 6 comments Prim. I love animals and especially cats. I'm also gentle and probably wouldn't survive in the Hunger Games, lol.

message 3: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Are you really moving? So is my family.

message 4: by Faith Noelle (last edited Jul 17, 2011 12:51PM) (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Lets take this to chat.

message 5: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Thank you.

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) I think me and Katniss actually have a lot of the same traits. She has a heart for the little things, and so do I. She is strong minded and has a lot of will power. She is definitely my favorite. I loved Rue too. She was a little precious gem in the book and Effie is anothe rone of my favorite minor characters

message 7: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith oh Effie.. so happy at the worng times! LOL :)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) Faith wrote: "oh Effie.. so happy at the worng times! LOL :)"

Hahah I know. I think alot of people over look her. But it is true how District 12 would be an unorganized mess without her.

But I do love Haymitch!

message 9: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Do say what now! How can someone love Haymitch? Well i do story of you just have to get past him beig drunk all the time! Yes Effie is a mess! i could so picture her in the movie holding het wig and walking to the boys reaping ball. LOL

message 10: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments I really related to Katniss most, and I loved the edge she had to her, not as soft as Peeta.

And I love Haymitch throughout the books even though there are plenty of reasons to hate him, my favorite thing about him is I think people underestimate him. He is so much smarter than he puts on. Even by the end of the books though I with I knew more about his past.

Effie makes me laugh, she is such a mess and that makes her the prefect part for the role.

I think I dislike Katniss's mother the most, out of all the characters really, is that weird? I don't feel hatred toward her, but a distaste really, and by the end of the third book I feel that same distaste for Gale. I don't know, the fact that it feels like both characters abandon Katniss makes me upset, you know?

message 11: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I agree with you. Yeah I think Effie was soo funny and odd. Haymich was a vrey well how do I put this... Odd and nic at the same time. Take out his drinking then it would be AWSOME! Yeah I don't think that should have happend Katniss needs someone to lean on and now they are gone.

message 12: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Yeah and I was so sad when what's-his-name died from the games in book two from District 4, I didn't want that to happen. That was one of the only things I would have changed in the books. I don't think it added enough to the story to make the loss worth it.

message 13: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments I was really angry when I read the third book. I sort of feel like it was a huge let down after the others.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I'd be Gale as he seems to be the male version of me

message 15: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I think Suzan Collins shouldn't have killed off Prim. She was only 13 and that really didnt need to happen. Now Katniss add no one wich was something I didnt like.

message 16: by Hope (new)

Hope She was fourteen, Faith. And Katniss always had Peeta as well as Gale--even if she didn't want him.

message 17: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Not in the 3rd book Gale left and so did her mom and Peeta was well.... Crazy.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sort of a mix of Katniss and Prim. I love animals and I probably wouldn't last 5 min in the Games, if that long. I'm like Katniss because I take care of my younger brother and step brother. Although I wish I had her bravery.

message 19: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Ok 1. I also couldnt last 1 second in the games. I wouls die in the boold bath.

message 20: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments I think putting most of us in the Hunger Games would be like putting capitol children in the Hunger Games, I know I would be completely unprepared. However, I would imagine something changes in you when you really do have to fight for your life. So maybe if we were all as unequipped to survive, surviving wouldn't be such an unreasonable goal.

message 21: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments I agree with you. Except, I know I would not be able to kill anyone. I would rather just hide, and hope I don't die.

message 22: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Yeah I could see that happening to a lot of people. I wonder what would happen in a hunger games if some how everyone just refused to kill anyone.

message 23: by Maryam (new)

Maryam | 129 comments Probably the capitol would find someway to make them kill each other or just kill all of them and make it look like accidents.

message 24: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Yeah, they would probably manipulate the environment, use mutations. I still think it would be interesting to see if it could be done.

message 25: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith We would have to have someone way ti live and find food also the capitol wouldnt just let you hide in the games.Theyd drive you out in the middle of the cornapuia(sp)

message 26: by Hope (new)

Hope Leila wrote: "Yeah, they would probably manipulate the environment, use mutations. I still think it would be interesting to see if it could be done."

Your theory reminds me of something I thought up a while ago. Say two allies were the last two in the Games. If I were part of said alliance, I would tell my partner to get as far away from me as possible, and I would do the same. We would survive on our own in the woods and hope that we didn't encounter each other, and if we did we would run in opposite directions as fast as we could. That way, we wouldn't have to kill each other and the Gamemakers could decide who would die and kill them off themselves.

message 27: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments Yeah but Faith is probably right. They would start to dry out all the water or take away all the food sources and try and push you to your edge of personal survival to try and get you to finally kill the other out of delusion and desperation. Or one of you would just actually die from said techniques and there would then be only one left, the winner. I don't know though, might be something we have to try.

message 28: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Yeah I am right!!! LOL :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Faith wrote: "Ok 1. I also couldnt last 1 second in the games. I wouls die in the boold bath."

Me too.

message 30: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 104 comments If I were in the games I would probably be so scared that as soon as my 30 second on my plate where finished I would run off to hide and try to get away from everyone as soon as I could. I wouldn't even attempt to grab anything in the beginning.

message 31: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Wow! but that would probley be me too. =)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) I would definitely get into the bloodbath.
I wouldnt go all crazy and draw attention to my self. I would strategize about it and go in gathering important items that I needed in order to survive. Showing the people Im not a coward would be my number one priority

message 33: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith If you go into the bloodbath you risk loseing your life you really want that? Cause see say if you were faceing Clove or Cato you would (no a fence) but who ever tries to face one of them would have been dead or dieing. So I would really grab the thing closes to the front the run to the forest cause number 1 I can climbs trees but not has good as Katniss but I can still climb. Rachel I think if the Hunger Games was real we could team up and be allys even though are are 7 years older than me. Then sadly one of us or both of us would die. Is that you in your profile picture? I know it was off topic I am just wondering. What would you think about the ally thing if it were real. Would you really want to team up with a girl who is 13?(me)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) I would go into the bloodbath because who knows what is in there. If you take off running into an unkown forrest or anything that can be just as suicidal as the bloodbath. You have to think it out as you go. I say the arena is much for planning until you have surveyed the area pretty good.

I think I would ally with you because we have different thoughts on it. Its good to have variety to keep eachother sane. The age really doesnt matter to me.. its if you can handle and keep up, and the same goes for me too.

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) And yes, thats me in the picture

message 36: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Cool Picture.

message 37: by Sami (new)

Sami | 1 comments I would so love to be Finnick Odair. He is truly amazing. His story of him and Annie made me cry but I cried even more when he died. We should have a funeral discussion topic dedicated to all the people who died in the hunger games! May they rest in peace. :(

message 38: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I will think about it.
Head mod-Faith Smith

message 39: by Chelsey (new)

Chelsey (-chelsey-) Haymitch, if he didn't get so drunk.

message 40: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I am just wondering where post here Chelesy when theres alot better things? Or do you just not care about this group anymore?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments hmm..I think I would like to be Madge..She was nice to Katniss and was a silent angel watching over her...

message 42: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I guess, but she also wouldnt ever get picked for the games.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I don't think I would like to be in the games! Well, not unless I had a get out of The Hunger Games free pass..

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Cinna. i love designing and clothes and going against what is the rules

message 45: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Oh wow Lea! I sadly dont think that is how the capitol works. lol. That is pretty cool Ariana. Please capitoliz your I's okay?

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

oh, I'm sorry, I thought I did. :O

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Faith wrote: "Oh wow Lea! I sadly dont think that is how the capitol works. lol. That is pretty cool Ariana. Please capitoliz your I's okay?"
Unfortunately... :(

message 48: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith I know right? It's okay Ariana as long as you do it from now on.

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 26, 2011 08:09AM) (new)

Okay. Thank-you for the warning =)

Tea in Chapter Three (teainchapterthree) I really relate to Katniss, because her personality is much like mine, and she has a great skill with bows and arrows, like myself.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.