Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness, #1) Alanna discussion

Does anybody else think this book could SOOOOOO be a movie????

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana This series was totally amazing. I love george<3<3<3 I have no idea who would play him, or Alanna, but I can tell you the movie would be soooooooo kick-ass! Well, unless they screw it up... percy jackson, harry potter or twilight anyone?

message 2: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg I loved this series and am always afraid of directors who choose from among my favorites for their movie ventures. Much too often the movie ends up being a huge disappointment. Is it worth experiencing the story again on the big screen? I don't know if I would want to risk it...

message 3: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana I'd be scared the movie would suck, but i'd go see it anyway beecause, it's an alanna movie! how can you not!

message 4: by Meg (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meg Too true. I would probably see it as well. I can never resist.

Tonileg I loved these books when I was a little woman (13 year old) and I think I'll have to go re-read them as a mature woman with a teenaged daughter.
This book would ROCK as a movie (or a series of movies) because magic and a strong woman role model would be great to see on the silver screen. Don't mention the sexy scenes with a hot prince/king of the thieves/kungfu master ....

message 6: by Ana (last edited Jul 13, 2011 04:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana eeeeeek! George all the waaaaay! I have to say, John is a whiney ass in these books, but I adoooooore George! Liam is ok, but it's sad that alanna and george never actually broke up before she went off and had sex with liam and then went back to george. But hey, she went back to george! eeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!! Who do you think would play george? or alanna? or, if they continued, ali? and liam, and all of the others.

Lynx hmm...Im not sure it would make a good movie...it depends on if they cut out stuff. I hate it in movies where they cut out the good stuff.

April I think it would be a really good movie, quite popular and maybe better than Twilight, but it would ruin the book i reckon. They wouldn't be able to put everything into the movie which would be anoying, and it would ruin the image we all have. so i think it should stay as just a book.

message 9: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana I wanna say george clooney would be george but that's soooooo wrong, it's not even funny. Who would play george? or alanna???

message 10: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Alanna wrote: "i would want it to be a movie! but they would ruin it like all the other good books....:( i dont want them to do tht to this fab book!!!"

I LOVE your name :D question is, is it your actual name? because that would make me love it even more!

message 11: by Alanna (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alanna Siyana wrote: "This series was totally amazing. I love george<3<3<3 I have no idea who would play him, or Alanna, but I can tell you the movie would be soooooooo kick-ass! Well, unless they screw it up... percy j..."

This is a great discussion because it is the classical "it would be awesome to see an amazing book as a movie, but I don't want them to screw it up" dilemma.
And I have to say that if there was an Alanna movie I would go see it because I wouldn't be able to resist.

message 12: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana before i am yelled at for mentioning twilight in the first comment, all the three original seires i mentioned have a thing in common: all of their movies are so screwed up. there are no words to describe the awfulness that is the percy jackson movie, the twilight movies leave out SO many details, and from what i've heard the potter movies miss some details too. the georgia nicolson movie wasn't THAT bad, since louise rennison participated evvery step of the way, but there were some differences, and some things were skipped. it's not that the movies are bad. if you've never read the book, they seem like pretty good movies, but if you read the book, love it in every way, and then see the movie, you'll probably be reduced to tears because it's THAT bad. Tale of Desparaux, was just making fun of the book! it's a disgrace and an insult to kate DiCamillo! I didn't even bother to see it! Why in the world would they animate it?!?!?!?!?!?!

Athena I think all of her books could be a movie. And if they're going to make movies, they should do it in order starting from Beka Cooper.

message 14: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana i think it's be cool if they did the life of Alanna. First as a squire, then with Daine, and then through Ali. It'd be cute, and Tammy could fill in the blanks with the screen writer. I'd love it. Beka is george's many great's grandmother, I can't get over that! so cute! It's funny how she's a cop and he's the guy all the cops are chasing. :D

Alanna Siyana wrote: "i think it's be cool if they did the life of Alanna. First as a squire, then with Daine, and then through Ali. It'd be cute, and Tammy could fill in the blanks with the screen writer. I'd love it. ..."
I love how Tamora made Beka a cop and George a cop's worst nightmare!

Kelly I would be so happy if they made this series into a franchise or even just a single movie! And it would be really nice to have a strong female character join the ranks in Hollywood. (Plus I would die of excitement if they got the perfect George. He was and always will be my ultimate fangirl crush). XD

message 17: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Acosta I think a series would be better. :D

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I would love it if they could make movies from the books but actually do it right!!! No changing it! I hate it when they totally change the story line and the movie ends up being nothing like the book! They should make movies but they have to be JUST LIKE the books!

message 19: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana I think tammy would kill them if they sscrewed it up, so it's be ok :)

Andrea I think it would definitely have to be a series of movies if they went movie. What about an extended television series? That might be best that way they can really play with and tease out all the details of the books. I always wanted Harry Potter to be a television series, animated perhaps to allow for the more fantastical elements to really come out, but that way there is no worry about cutting stuff out. It would just take careful plotting for each season so you end on a suspenseful note. Look how well it has worked for the sookie stackhouse books.

message 21: by Gwen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gwen Tolios Or Games of Thrones ^_~

I agree there, I think Alanna would work better as a TV series, if only because there are huge time gaps in the series. It's not like Harry Potter, or even Kel's journey, where each book is basically the next year, and I can just see the films adding a whole bunch of extra stuff and subtracting others. But the other series would be wonderful. Especially the Immortals. Can you imagine all those beautiful CGI creatures?

message 22: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy I really think that they should so make it a movie it would be so epic and I would see it all the time and buy the dvd it would be amazing to see Alanna and George and John in the big picture *fan girl freakout* :3

message 23: by Ayla (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ayla i think elle fanning should play Alanna. i think she could pull off a 10yr old look. annyone agree???

Starburst Omigod I LOVE this series. I'm like obsessed with it, I wrote about it on my blog: http://goodreads4teens.webs.com. this could TOTALLY be a movie, but it's so easy to mess up, I don't know it it would be good. Also, they'd need a ton of extras and Tortall would have to be set in an awesome place...

Maggie Crawford I think, if handled with a lot of love and attention to detail, this could turn into a great series of movies. The visual effects alone would be fantastic, and I bet the scenery would be beautiful! I actually have been working on a screenplay adaptation for the past couple years, just for fun (mostly just to see if I can start a writing project and stick to it, just for myself). I loved these books when I was growing up and I can't wait until my niece is a little older so I can pass these books along to her!

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		YES! but damn if they screw up the cast. MAJOR DAMN

Maggie Crawford "YES! but damn if they screw up the cast. MAJOR DAMN"

OMG this exactly. I'm not opposed to having an all-star cast if the casting is flawless, but I don't want a bunch of huge stars cast just for the sake of having an all-star cast. One of my favorite examples of excellent casting was for Titanic -- I remember watching documentaries right after the movie came out and being way impressed by how well the casting department did in finding actors that actually resembled the people they were portraying. I also loved the casting for the Swedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo -- the two leads were exactly what I pictured in my head when I read the book.

message 28: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy So true I would really be a shame to mess up such a good storyline for the sake of having a all-star cast. but still it will need a lot of special effects with the aspect of magic and the whole deal with alanna's eyes being purple in all I think it would be manageable *shrugs*

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		Lucy wrote: "So true I would really be a shame to mess up such a good storyline for the sake of having a all-star cast. but still it will need a lot of special effects with the aspect of magic and the whole de..."

yeaah. if the special effects turn out like twilights. . . oh man.

message 30: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy so very true

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE it would be great if this was a movie but like peoplpe said before it would be really bad if they messed it up

message 32: by Tine (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tine I too think the series would work better as a TV series - its really hard to make a good movie when Alanna is supposed to age so fast (age 10 to 14 in book I).
And I haven't seen any movies that are as good/better than the book they are based on, with BBC mini series being the exception.

message 33: by Cherry (new)

Cherry i agree, the disappointment would be bad, and isn't imagination better than some actor/actress?

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE Hannah B wrote: "I loved the first book but I haven't read any of the others."

I haven't either

message 35: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana YOU SHOULD SO READ THE REST OF THEM!!!! George is the best. Guys! Matt Bomer! Should so play George! Am I right?!?!?!?!

message 36: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Lucy wrote: "So true I would really be a shame to mess up such a good storyline for the sake of having a all-star cast. but still it will need a lot of special effects with the aspect of magic and the whole de..."
the eyes wouldn't be that hard, they'd just need colored contacts, and Faithful could be CGI

message 37: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Ayla wrote: "i think elle fanning should play Alanna. i think she could pull off a 10yr old look. annyone agree???"

ya, but she can't successfully look like a guy, and she's not a ginger

message 38: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Maggie wrote: "I think, if handled with a lot of love and attention to detail, this could turn into a great series of movies. The visual effects alone would be fantastic, and I bet the scenery would be beautiful..."

I think finding the perfect scenery would be difficult, but tammy herself has said that she's bad at making stuff up, and borrows things from the real world, so Tortall is probably out there somewhere, just waiting to be found... If you'd like to share ur screenplay, that'd be awesome :D i know that I'D love to read it.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE Ana wrote: "YOU SHOULD SO READ THE REST OF THEM!!!! George is the best. Guys! Matt Bomer! Should so play George! Am I right?!?!?!?!"

George is a great character but I wouldn't say he's the best. Sorry

message 40: by Ana (last edited Jan 10, 2012 07:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana who would u say is better than george? I mean, really? george is the best. then gary, then coram and raoul are tied. and then jon and alex are tied, and then roger. roger's spot on the list of awesome is 97453948623498567345786308576th place. he's in like pluto territory. think of the literary character u hate most. ever. in the history of ever. and multiply that hatred by 12534509743576326745237587456874265824765824756723652385143r496975687. that is my hatred for roger.

message 41: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana i just noticed that i forgot alanna in that list. uhm..... she's #2.5. I forgot Thom too. I strongly dislike him.

Melissa This could make a great movie if done right. It could be Eragon awful if done wrong though.

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE I guess that is a good point but I think Alanna and George kinda tie then Jon and Gary tie and then the rest of characters you mentioned....oh great! Now I have no idea! Iread the book 2 months ago I've forgotten some names of the characters

message 44: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana john is too whiney and bossy in these books. he thinks he automatically gets alanna as a wife and can use her just cuz he's prince and soon-to-be king. it really bugs me. he's MUCH better in the Immortals.

message 45: by SEMI PRECIOUS JADE (last edited Jan 10, 2012 08:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

SEMI PRECIOUS JADE Oh seriously?! Let me remind you I've only read the 1st book! That changes my opinion a bit

message 46: by Cherry (new)

Cherry Melissa wrote: "This could make a great movie if done right. It could be Eragon awful if done wrong though."

After I saw the movie for Eragon, i couldn't touch my copy for 2 months! And I really like the Lioness Quartet D:

Lindsay If they did it right it would be SOOOOO amazing!!!!

message 48: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana Tina wrote: "Oh seriously?! Let me remind you I've only read the 1st book! That changes my opinion a bit"

see? that's why you should read the others, if only so you can thoroughly hate jon :D

Carina I always thought these books would be nice movies. Obviously it would depend on the actors involved - I always thought someone like Jason Isaacs would be great as Roger and for some reason always pictures Numair looking a lot like David Tennant!! I cold never reconcile other actors to the parts though... perhaps someone like Jennifer Lawrence would be very good as Kel if they did all of the books...

message 50: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana It would be super awesome! I can't really picture anyone as alanna though...

« previous 1 3