Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Darren Shan
This topic is about Darren Shan
General Discussion > Do Darren Shan and Eoin Colfer write books for adults?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mairéad (new)

Mairéad | 5 comments Hi I'm just wondering if they writes books for adults?

Regarding Darren Shan, all I ever usually see around the place are 'The Demonata' and Cirque du Freak series, and I've been told that the latter is aimed mostly at kids/Y.A (but then again so is Harry Potter!). It probably doesn't help that my local librarian lumps all the sci-fi and fantasy books into the Y.A section because she's run out of space in the adult fiction section! XD

Also, every time I see one of his books they bear the statement 'The Master of Horror' on them. Is this true? Or can authors just go around saying those kinds of things? I've always wondered about that!

Regarding Eoin Colfer, I loved his writing style and stories as a kid and young teen so I would like to read more of his stuff now! (:

message 2: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Eoin Colfer wrote the newest Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And Another Thing... (Hitchhiker's Guide, #6) by Eoin Colfer

I'm not sure of anything else.

message 3: by Cee (new)

Cee | 82 comments Regarding Darren Shan, I believe you can read his YA books as adult too. I've let my mother read the first book in the Demonata series, and she enjoyed it. For me personally he is definitely a master of horror. Maybe not like Stephen King's 1000+ pages books, but in a nice clear and short way.

I heard Darren Shan has also written for adults under a pen name, D.B. Shan. He has two books on that name, Procession of the Dead and Hell's Horizon. I haven't read those so I don't know if they're any good (:

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments Eoin has a mystery that he just released for adults: Plugged. It sounds really good!