The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

Is this book so good that it could be a play?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fariha I think it is.

Stephanie A musical?! Nuh-uh.

Stephanie A play, maybe. A musical? too corny, in my opinion. It's too epic to make it into a musical.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Nope. Not a musical. Book, play, and movie. NOT MUSICAL.

Ashley This book is FANTASTIC. However, there is no way on this planet that it would work as a musical. It goes in too many different directions, and it is way too complex. I also agree with Stephanie that a musical would be way too corny.

message 6: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Jul 12, 2011 04:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) True that. But, it would be pretty funny if someone tried. I bet people would only watch it BECAUSE it would be so corny.

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy No that would be so stupid, oh my gosh. So wrong, these are better kepts as books and maybe action movies. What Chris Columbus did with the first one was bad enough.

Madeline definitely not a musical! i don't want to see my favorite characters sing... that would be weird

MizziQ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) NOOOOO! That would just ruin everything.

message 11: by MJ (new) - rated it 5 stars

MJ I love the book, and I love musicals, but I would not want this book as a musical! I agree, play and book, movie not good!

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) >>>>>>><<<<<<<<>>>>>>>><<<<<<<((((((()))))))(((((((()))))))

message 13: by Madeline (last edited Jul 13, 2011 10:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madeline Kaleigh wrote: ">>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<((((((()))))))(((((((()))))))"

my brain can't compute...

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) :) I was just doing patterns, and I was bored. I seem to be bored a lot don't I? And I think it's pretty.^

MizziQ <<<>>>
<<<<>>>>
<<<<<>>>>>
<<<<<<>>>>>>
<<<<<<<>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Fariha ok ok srry for asking i didnt no tht nobody would like musicals. everything i do on goodreads is always wrong. and litterally i mean everything

MizziQ We don't mind that you asked. At least I don't. We're not mad at you at all. I just don't like the idea of Percy singing. :) Haha. I do like musicals though. :) Don't feel bad. You didn't do anything wrong. We just have strong feelings about this. Sorry If I was rude at all.

MizziQ Oh yha and once the question has been answered we usually get distracted so it's not your fault we were doing patterns.

message 19: by Fariha (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fariha thank you for understanding! i wrote play and then someone changed it since we were having a party tht day (with alot of naughty little kids)

message 20: by Aya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aya E. definietley not. maybe if some school play or something and they make it into a paradoy. but definitley not professional. And if a musical is just too corny plus its not a very musical type book most of the time hes falling to his death wat r they gonna sing about?

message 21: by Aya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aya E. Fariha wrote: "ok ok srry for asking i didnt no tht nobody would like musicals. everything i do on goodreads is always wrong. and litterally i mean everything"

no it was an intersting question to ask!! i liked it! and like i said a play would be good like for school or something.

message 22: by Aya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aya E. TikiPaws12 wrote: "We don't mind that you asked. At least I don't. We're not mad at you at all. I just don't like the idea of Percy singing. :) Haha. I do like musicals though. :) Don't feel bad. You didn't do anythi..."

hah Percy signing tht would be funny. But seriously wat wud he even sing about. I dont want to point this out but i think PJ is not the most positive book in da world :P

Madeline lalalalalala innnnnnnn theeeeee underwoooooorrrrrlllldddd!!!!

Fariha then i guess a book is like the only thing tht wood be fit for percy jackson

message 25: by Aya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aya E. i know even the movie wasnt tht good. mostly cuz they friggin messed it upp :(

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Fariha wrote: "ok ok srry for asking i didnt no tht nobody would like musicals. everything i do on goodreads is always wrong. and litterally i mean everything"

'S'okay. I do that sometimes. And literally not EVERYTHING you do s wrong. Even this isn't wrong. Your just putting up an opinion.

Fariha u guys r nice thx

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Your welcome. It's nice to be nice you know.

Fariha ya its nice dont u think

Fariha yea