Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) Linger question

Plot Hole? (Spoiler)
deleted member Jul 12, 2011 03:33AM
When Cole comes up with his hypothesis about Grace's blood needing to be reintroduced to some more 'wolf-toxin' via saliva in order to make her shift, did it occur to anyone else that this already happened in Shiver, when Shelby attacked her? She was clearly bitten, she refers to the bite marks fading to bruises and there was blood all over the kitchen floor. Any theories on why it didn't make her shift back then?

Naomi (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:50PM ) Jul 14, 2011 10:49PM   3 votes
I didn't even think about that, but you're right. The only thing I could think of is that maybe Grace was still immune to the venom because of being heated up too much as a child. In Linger, the cure has started failing, causing the venom to once again be toxic to her. (I need to explain that better.)

...something like the flu shot maybe? Where you get the shot and it keeps you from getting the flu, but you have to take it again in another year or two or you could get the flu.

I hope you understand my explanation, if not, I'll try to think of something else. But you are right, it is a huge pot hole that the author missed.

Naomi Thank you! I'm glad you agree, Jasny Rathbone. ...more
Feb 09, 2012 06:41PM · flag
Astra Bingo!
Feb 22, 2012 08:10PM · flag

I'm glad someone else noticed that plot hole, it bothered me all the way through Forever.

I liked the book but when Grace turned into a wolf I WAS SOOOO MAD!!!! SHE BETTER GET A CURE AND BE WITH SAM!!!!

Emma wrote: "When Cole comes up with his hypothesis about Grace's blood needing to be reintroduced to some more 'wolf-toxin' via saliva in order to make her shift, did it occur to anyone else that this already ..."

because it just didnt.
plain and simple just because it didnt!