VAMPS-R-US discussion

Vampires > DEEPER THAN MIDNIGHT

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
IF U HAVE YET TO READ IT U NEED TO KICK UR OWN ASS!!!!! Jk. Make sure u check it out. Best of the series so far.

Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9) by Lara Adrian ............At eighteen, Corinne Bishop was a beautiful, spirited young woman living a life of privilege as the adopted daughter of a wealthy family. Her world changed in an instant when she was stolen away and held prisoner by the malevolent vampire Dragos. After many years of captivity and torment, Corinne is rescued by the Order, a cadre of vampire warriors embroiled in a war against Dragos and his followers. Her innocence taken, Corinne has lost a piece of her heart as well--the one thing that gave her hope during her imprisonment, and the only thing that matters to her now that she is free.

Assigned to safeguard Corinne on her trip home is a formidable golden-eyed Breed male called Hunter. Once Dragos's most deadly assassin, Hunter now works for the Order, and he's hell-bent on making Dragos pay for his manifold sins. Bonded to Corinne by their mutual desire, Hunter will have to decide how far he'll go to end Drago's reign of evil--even if carrying out his mission means shattering Corinne's tender heart.

message 2: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments if i could ever get to the book store id read it!!!! one of my favorite authors and series! a must read for me!!!

message 3: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Ur gonna LOVE it!!!

message 4: by Rayna (new)

Rayna  | 1785 comments had some time this morning.....picked it up! Can you say hot bubble bath tonight with door locked and kids asleep.....i think so!!!

message 5: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! Best way to do it!

message 6: by Rjsmommy (last edited Jul 13, 2011 01:08PM) (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments I LOVED THIS BOOK! May be my favorite especially since I didn't really get into the last one. Before Deeper I didn't really care for Hunter but looking back I think it was sort of set up that way. He was portrayed as this unfeeling killing machine who had occasional lapses with Mira. But this book gives him the perfect Breedmate and when we get his backstory and see his emotions awaken...it was awesome. I'm new to the group so I don't want to say much but all the secondary stories are amazing in this one. Is there a specific date that has to hit before we can start going into spoilers?

message 7: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

I think this would be the perfect date! Lol. And welcome to the group!

message 8: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Okay ladies and gents, from here on out in this topic be forewarned..............SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!

How perfect was the book to u and y?

message 9: by Rjsmommy (last edited Jul 18, 2011 07:46AM) (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments OK..Let's get started. SPOILERS AHEAD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

First off as stated before, this is probably my favorite book in the series which is surprising since it was the one the least looked forward to (besides the previous which is my least favorite). But this one sets up so many other possible plotlines that I can't wait to see. I loved the whole deterioration of Chase in this and yet he finds his redemption at the end. But someone please explain to me how he is supposed to survive in a human police preceinct/ jail? And will he be paired with Tavia setting up another direct conflict with Dragos who seems to have his sights on her also. Oh my gosh...the compound. It was surprising and yet so realistic that the Breed can't win all the time and this literally strikes at home. Also, what's to be done with Nathan? They will need every "soldier" possible and Nathan has lots of intel and skills but will Corrine/Hunter let him used. There should be an interesting play between Nathan and Kellan...Nathan,the assassin whose known no other way but wants to and Kellan's pampered high society who now thirsts for revenge and can't wait to be a warrior. And of course I loved watching the romance unfold between Hunter and Corrince for the reasons stated previously. Okay, I've rambled enough for now...

message 10: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

NO U HAVE NOT!!! RAMBLE ON!!! Lmfao!! I truly loved this one the most of all of the series. Seeing Hunter change and his heart unthaw, and more than just due to Corrine, at the very beginning of the book he chose going back for Chase instead of continuing to hunt down his target. But seeing him fall in love. WOW! And yes, it will be more than interesteing to see how things are going to play out with Nathan. The only reason he came to her afterall was because "I have nowhere else to go", so how will he react with everyone at the compound? How will he and Kellan get along? But I do believe he will play a part in the war. As his new Dad stated, "he knows only being a hunter".

message 11: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Only 2 weeks until Darker After Midnight comes out...can't wait! So much was left hanging... Did anyone else read the novella that came out in December: "A Taste of Midnight"? It was interesting because it actually went back and dealt with Con's widow Danika from the very first novel. It was left with the possibility that she may return with her new husband...that might be interesting to see.

message 12: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Sadly, no, I haven't read the short yet. A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #9.5) by Lara Adrian

message 13: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

But plan to!!!

message 14: by Rjsmommy (new)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Tiffany wrote: "But plan to!!!"

It's a quick and some was predictable but I still loved it.