Creative Reviews discussion

Authors requesting reviewers > Looking for some reviewers for my book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M Todd (new)

M Todd Gallowglas (mgallowglas) Would love to find a reviewer or a dozen for my Epic Fantasy novel on Kindle. Thanks!

First Chosen

“This is really great stuff! The characters seem real, three dimensional people, not typical fantasy types.” - James Rollins, Author of THE DEVIL COLONY and MAP OF BONES.

FIRST CHOSEN is the story of Julianna, a noble from the conquered kingdom of Koma. In her moment of greatest need, she frees an ancient god, Grandfather Shadow, from his thousand-year prison. In his gratitude, the god names her his high priest and commands Julianna to lead his people to greatness once again. Unfortunately for Julianna, it is a capital crime for any of her people to worship one of the five ancient gods. While evading Inquisitors of All Father Sun and the followers of the god of death, Julianna must learn to use the vast power that Grandfather Shadow has given her in order to survive long enough to unite Grandfather Shadow's fractured people.

And so begins, TEARS OF RAGE a dark, epic fantasy about the power of faith and belief, where even though the gods can inspire these qualities in mortals, it is those same mortals that truly control the religions that form from any god’s divine inspiration. It is also a swashbuckling tale of political intrigue where men scheme against each other and the gods, and how friendship, loyalty, and faith can help people persevere through the darkest times.

message 2: by Amy Eye (new)

Amy Eye | 1841 comments Mod
OH MY!! This has to be one of the coolest covers I have see in a very long time!!

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments This looks fabulous and original!! And I too love the cover! Did you design it yourself??

message 4: by M Todd (new)

M Todd Gallowglas (mgallowglas) Thanks for the compliments on the cover. I did not do that. One of my fans from my storytelling shows at Renaissance Faires did that. I'll let him know you like like it.

Cambria, if you're talking about the story being fabulous and original, I hope it is. I know it's a challenge to do something fresh in fantasy these days, but I think readers will be surprised by the twists I've put into the characters, plot, and the world itself.

message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments This sounds like a wonderful book! I would love to read and review it for you! I need to tell you that I have a large TBR list and it might be a month or more before I can get to it, but if you don't mind the wait, I'd love to have you send this to me so I can add it to my queue! What do you say? You can PM me here, or send me an email at katy.sozaeva@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you!

message 6: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Stephen wrote: "You're a 22nd century pilot who makes cargo runs to space stations. Your latest run: to deliver a small dog for medical experimentation. The mission is bogus; an excuse to get you into space and bl..."

Hey, Stephen - you should make another post - folks could miss this here under someone else's request.

And I have to quit messing around on-line and get busy with my editing - I've wasted hours today!

message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Yes, I believe so - new topic under the "Authors looking for Reviewers" subheading, IIRC; just like I have posted under "Willing to review" or whatever ... I might have the subheading titles wrong! :-) But hopefully you know what I mean :-)

I really am looking forward to reading your book - once I'm done with this editing project, I'll be kicking the reading into high gear so I can get to it as quickly as possible! :-)

message 8: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Stephen wrote: "You're a 22nd century pilot who makes cargo runs to space stations. Your latest run: to deliver a small dog for medical experimentation. The mission is bogus; an excuse to get you into space and bl..."

This looks really great! What genre would you say this is and what is the age rage for the readers?