Fantasy Aficionados discussion

Fun and Games > You might be a nerd if...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 318 (318 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) | 0 comments ...you spend your Friday night sitting around with your significant other thinking up your dream cast for an HBO remake of Babylon 5.

~~~~~~~~

I thought this could be a fun game xD

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

...you have ever argued Star Wars vs Star Trek. And meant every single word.

message 3: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) | 0 comments ..."who shot first?" is a question that regularly comes out of your mouth in social settings.

message 4: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1018 comments ... you tear up hearing the school band play the Harry Potter theme song and not because they played it badly.

message 5: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 469 comments You make a distinction between 'Trekkers' And 'Trekkies' and insist that it's important.

message 6: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) | 0 comments I may have just lost nerd cred...not sure I have ever heard Trekkers?

message 7: by Stuart (new)

Stuart (asfus) | 98 comments You only play the PC version of a role playing game and you mod your character as well with a mod that you have created.

message 8: by Traci (new)

Traci You consider Obi-Wan your sage.

"Your eyes can deceive you don't trust them."

"Who is the more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows?"

Come on he's brilliant. lol.

message 9: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments ...You always have a book on you, any time, anywhere. And you have a tendency to pull them out and read them.

message 10: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) ...You dream about books. I do sometimes and my husband thinks I'm a total nerd.

message 11: by Tacuazin (new)

Tacuazin | 16 comments ... you absolutely have to make an inter-continental phonecall to discuss with that friend you've not seen in months Eddard Stark's fate.

message 12: by Tacuazin (new)

Tacuazin | 16 comments ... you meet for lunch with your lawyer-looking friends and everybody talks about zombies.

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyc89) Denae wrote: "...you spend your Friday night sitting around with your significant other thinking up your dream cast for an HBO remake of Babylon 5.

~~~~~~~~

I thought this could be a fun game xD"

Yes yes yes Babylon 5!!

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyc89) ...If you won "Best Band Groupie" in high school... For Pep Band.

message 15: by Chris (new)

Chris Decker (steppenfloyd) | 1 comments ...you can recite the whole opening scene of The Fellowship of the Ring by heart.

message 16: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 469 comments To Tracey:

The early Enterprise didn't have any bathrooms. I saw the plans.

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Majors | 35 comments MrsJoseph wrote: "...You always have a book on you, any time, anywhere. And you have a tendency to pull them out and read them."

LOL! I am a full-on nerd and I want to add on to this one.

You might be a nerd if you keep a book on you at all times because you use any time spent waiting (bank lines, grocery lines, bad traffic, etc.) to read.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 5387 comments You ever went to a theme or costume wedding...in costume.

You lettered in debate.

You structure your week around "game" night (D&D not football).

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 5387 comments A really inside one here. Please chime in for me if you identify:

You still argue the merits of Joel vs. Mike

or your favorite TV show line is:
"Debbie, I broke the window for ya' baby!"

message 20: by Traci (new)

Traci Mike! Joel is way to nice.

You look forward to the weekend because of all the reading you can get in.

message 21: by Traci (new)

Traci You're superstitious about leaving the house wearing a red shirt.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 5387 comments Oh ya Traci, that's just tempting fate.

message 23: by Denae (last edited Jul 09, 2011 09:04PM) (new)

message 24: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) ...you have your Comic Con time off scheduled with your job through 2015... and your costumes planned out too.

message 25: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) | 0 comments nice

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 9 comments You've actually argued who would win in a fight: Buffy or Blade.

You've played Zelda for so many consecutive hours that the theme music continued in your sleep long after the game was shut off.

message 27: by Traci (new)

Traci Your last relationship was conducted through dialogue trees.

message 28: by Bill (last edited Jul 10, 2011 06:44AM) (new)

Bill (kernos) | 350 comments Denae wrote: "This is your computer's wallpaper."

Or Gay ;-)

message 29: by Bill (new)

Bill (kernos) | 350 comments You're Nerd if you buy copies of your favorite book series for your bookshelf, Kindle, Nook and iPad and keep the page your on synched across them all.

I actually did that for Wars of Light and Shadow, except I don't have a NOok.

message 30: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) | 0 comments ...you give a Christmas gift consisting of a bunch of files on a flash drive.

message 31: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) | 0 comments Kernos wrote: "Denae wrote: "This is your computer's wallpaper."

Or Gay ;-)"

Isn't everyone just a little bit gay for Captain Jack? ;)

message 32: by Traci (new)

Traci You might be a nerd if your pet is named after a favorite character.
But you're definately a nerd if you name your child after one.

message 33: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) Courtney wrote: "You've actually argued who would win in a fight: Buffy or Blade.

I'm confused. Why would this be an argument? BLADE . . . clearly.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Alicia Reads wrote: "Courtney wrote: "You've actually argued who would win in a fight: Buffy or Blade.

I'm confused. Why would this be an argument? BLADE . . . clearly."

Your newsletter, where might I purchase a subscription?

message 35: by Erica (new)

Erica (bookpsycho) Blade would mop the floor with Buffy.

message 36: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 469 comments I don't know about that. Buffy took out Dracula, foiled a demented god, found a way to slay a demon that no weapon forged could kill, saved the world from apocalypse 'a lot', broke the old tradition about there only being one Slayer at a time, trained a small army of other Slayers and finally stopped the Big Bad. Plus, she's got friends: You wouldn't want Willow on your case.
Blade just hacks stuff up.

message 37: by Mach (last edited Jul 11, 2011 09:51AM) (new)

Mach | 572 comments I would still bet on Blade.

message 38: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) S.J. wrote: "I don't know about that. Buffy took out Dracula, foiled a demented god, found a way to slay a demon that no weapon forged could kill, saved the world from apocalypse 'a lot', broke the old tradition about there only being one Slayer at a time, trained a small army of other Slayers and finally stopped the Big Bad. Plus, she's got friends: You wouldn't want Willow on your case.
Blade just hacks stuff up."

Let us not forgot that Buffy broke that old tradition BY DYING!

. . . I am a little afraid of Willow though.

message 39: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Buffy all the way!

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Lyons (amandamlyons) You know I don't think it would ever happen the battle between them not unless he went full vamp and had to be put down and then well yeah Buffy'd have him.

message 41: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 469 comments Yes, Buffy originally broke the old tradition by dying...and a friend brought her back by giving her mouth-to-mouth. Then she died again and Willow brought her back with a spell. Then later, she told the Watcher's Council to stick it and began assembling all the potential Slayers that she could in Sunnydale.
Blade just hacks stuff up.

message 42: by Mach (new)

Mach | 572 comments He would hack her to pieces.

message 43: by MrsJoseph *grouchy*, *good karma* (new)

MrsJoseph *grouchy* (mrsjoseph) | 7282 comments Blade would tap dance on Buffy's corpse.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 5387 comments Aside from the Buffy/Blade fracas...(and you might also be a nerd if you argue whether the long running TV version [Sarah Michelle Gellar] or the movie slayer [Kristy Swanson] is the true Buffy).

You are also probably a nerd if you sat up till 3:00 AM figuring out how to get that chest in Final Fantasy 3 that you could see from the top floor of the tower but not reach from there.

message 45: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 469 comments Kristy Swanson might have been the first 'Buffy' but as far as I'm concerned, Sarah Michelle Gellar owns the role.

message 46: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 1018 comments S.J. wrote: "Kristy Swanson might have been the first 'Buffy' but as far as I'm concerned, Sarah Michelle Gellar owns the role."

I'm gonna pipe in and say I completely agree with you. :)

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 5387 comments (Hangs sign for us to use)

*Nerd credentials renewed here.*

message 48: by S.J. (new)

S.J. Lewis (sjlewis) | 469 comments Extra credit:

Nathan Fillion from 'Firefly' appeared in several episodes of 'Buffy'.
Gina Torres from 'Firefly' appeared in several episodes of the 'Buffy' spinoff 'Angel'.

message 49: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) S.J. wrote: "Extra credit:

Nathan Fillion from 'Firefly' appeared in several episodes of 'Buffy'.
Gina Torres from 'Firefly' appeared in several episodes of the 'Buffy' spinoff 'Angel'."

I loved Nathan Fillion on Castle and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) | 5387 comments :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7