This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate paranoid freakazoids...

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

...like a certain educational assistant who freaked out because a lab computer 'remembered' her on gmail. It didn't log her in, it just remembered her id and I didn't have time to come help her, and I wasn't sure how to turn it off, anyway, and it's not my freaking job, besides!!!

But I told her that I would look into it and get to it when I could but she stood there with a PANIC face and said, "Well, what should I do?! What should I do?!"

The lady has watched too much Dateline or 20/20. It was like when I worked at a kitchen store and women would come rushing in after Dateline told them that they were getting Alzheimers from their forks.

I have no patience for paranoia!

Finally, I said, "Well, there's nothing you can do, Tracy, because you don't know how to fix it and I don't have time to look into it right now, but you don't have to worry because nobody is going to log into that computer, see your email address and go crazy."

She didn't like that. She's batshit!

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you.

Servius  Heiner I suggest you push her over the edge. Kick her paranoia into over drive.

Montambo you should make it a point to talk to her early in the day:

“Good morning, paranoid woman. Is everything all right with your car?”

Paranoid woman “Huh? My car? What makes you think something is wrong with my car?”

“Well, that guy was following pretty close to you this morning; I just figured he was a friend making sure you got all the way to work.”

“Wha… me, someone was following me?”

“Well I thought it was you… Anyway glad to hear your car is alright. Talk to you later!”

Then a few hours later Marie chips in raising the stakes a bit:

“Hey paranoid woman, who is your new assistant?”

“Eh, I don’t have a new assistant.”

“Oh! You naughty girl you, bringing you little boy toy to work… better not let Montambo see, {leaning in close} she likes to kiss, wink wink.”

“Marie! What are you talking about, I don’t have an assistant, or a-a-a-boy TOY!”

“Eh, are you sure? He seemed to be standing pretty close to you earlier… Huh, anyway I have to go.

Perhaps you two could get a few more people in on it. Make a day out of mess’n with her. It will be fun… maybe even orchestrate some kind of mention of her “new man” in a meeting, with a few other people commenting on it!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

That made me laugh! I can just see her panicked face! The thing is, she'd never let me just walk away after dropping a paranoia bomb on her. I'd have to look at her stupid ass face until she got to the bottom of it!

Servius  Heiner Well, if you got her spun up enough she might just black out... Come on Montambo think of the possibilities.

Servius  Heiner I think I like the label, Donna. It sounds so professional... Recreational Torment.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The lady deleted all of her emails! All it did was have her email address up there at the top of the gmail page. What's she doing on her emails that is so crazy, anyway?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

She's not learning fast enough!

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I think you have to ask her what kind of inappropriate emails she's got in there that she doesn't want anyone to see.

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Seriously, I'm dying to know!

Servius  Heiner breath Amanda! CPR yourself to the fridge and start the day right!

Servius  Heiner oop's I read that as "I'm dying now"

Shhh.. it's late, I need to go to sleep.

message 13: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Too late now if she's deleted everything, but you could have made stuff up at her too... "I can fix it, but it requires saving all your emails in a public folder on the network shared drive" or "sometimes this happens when where's a virus embedded in an email. I ought to be able to fix it, but to do so i'll have to manually go through each of your emails."

message 14: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) It's early. I need to go to work.

message 15: by Amanda (last edited Sep 23, 2008 06:06AM) (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Here you go, Nicky-Wicky! A cuddwy beaw to sweep wif. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

[image error]

Servius  Heiner I don't know if you did that on purpose, but I am wide awake now... and mildly disturbed.

I can fix you e-mails… it will just take some time, and I’ll need a voided check if you have one.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) hee hee hee hee

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.