YA LGBT Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > Slogan & Logo Contest!

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Over in M/M Romance we invited out members to come up with a slogan for the group. The winner was "Don't Read In The Closet". Then we asked our very talented members to create a logo that incorporated the slogan. I'd like to do that in this group too. Everyone is welcome to throw out their ideas and then I'll put up a poll and whichever one gets the most votes wins.

So put your creativity hat on and dazzle us with your brilliance :)

message 2: by Lori (last edited Jul 19, 2011 07:35AM) (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Here's what we have so far in the way of logos...

message 3: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Below are the slogans that have been submitted so far...

Open hearts, open minds...

message 4: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments I like the Logo's 1, 2 & 3... the most. The others are ok but don't have quite the visual impact.

I can't come up with a slogan. but definately like the 'Open hearts, open minds' idea.
b

message 5: by Rogier (new)

Rogier (rorocapri) | 397 comments Byron wrote: "I like the Logo's 1, 2 & 3... the most. The others are ok but don't have quite the visual impact.

I can't come up with a slogan. but definately like the 'Open hearts, open minds' idea.
b"
2nd that

message 6: by Enchantedtoreadyou (last edited Jul 20, 2011 04:41AM) (new)

Enchantedtoreadyou | 21 comments i
like the 4th one ,D

message 7: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments Lori, are we voting here, or will we be voting in a poll, later?

If here, I like #2

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I'll be posting a poll later. I just wanted to start the process of getting them organized. I'm hoping we'll get a few more and if everyone likes the slogan, I'd like that worked into the design.

message 9: by Tygrys (new)

Tygrys Pasiasty (tygryspasiasty) | 14 comments i'm still in Italy and won't be back till middle of next week >.< so no work updates from my side till then :(

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Tygrys wrote: "i'm still in Italy and won't be back till middle of next week >.< so no work updates from my side till then :("

I knew you were on holiday Tyg so I've been waiting for your return. I have some ideas for you :)

message 11: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments My favorite are 3 and 4 :)

message 12: by Zach (new)

Zach M (zachm) | 28 comments i like #1 best

message 13: by Anne (last edited Aug 10, 2011 01:58PM) (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) It's a lollipop! lurve it!

ETA: Guess Thorny already pointed it out.

message 14: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) L.C. wrote: "Sing it! Lollipop, lollipop, oh la-la-lalollipop... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8sZcm...

Thanks, Thorny & Anne. :-)

ETA: I shouldn't have googled that. Its stuck in my head for the rest..."

Thanks, LC. Now it's stuck in my head, too.

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) You better watch it missy, or I'll come up there and share the love with you! (giggle)

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Those are great L.C.!

message 17: by Karen K (new)

Karen K (karenkleinshawca) | 48 comments Gorgeous L.C.! Love the 1st one best then the 3rd one. :)
(ps broke my bracelet)

message 18: by Brendan (BJ) (new)

Brendan (BJ) (heresjohnny) | 382 comments Matt wrote: "Great job(s), L.C. Love, love, love the 1st one! Really invites some delicious licking! ;)"

hahahahahahahahahahahaha Matt, I just saw your comment come up randomly in my news feed and got kind of worried! XD hahahahaha my mind took that sooooo badly out of context... LOL

message 19: by Brendan (BJ) (last edited Aug 11, 2011 06:48AM) (new)

Brendan (BJ) (heresjohnny) | 382 comments LOL, John!!!!!!!! Love the way your mind works!! ;)"

;) what can I say? My friends say I'm practically homeless because my mind lives in the gutter ;)

message 20: by Yvonne (last edited Aug 11, 2011 10:09AM) (new)

Yvonne (ysareader) | 79 comments These are great LC. I like the first Lollipop one. The only way to get rid of one earworm is to replace with another. How about Mika: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8bI1p...

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) I don't know if slogans and logos are still being accepted but...I came up with something.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Laddie wrote: "I don't know if slogans and logos are still being accepted but...I came up with something.

"

It's awesome Lad!! And the slogan is PERFECT! I knew you'd come up with something amazing :O) It looks so great!!!!!

message 23: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16521 comments Wow, Laddie that is gorgeous and a great slogan!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Thanks, LA and Kaje! :)

message 25: by Charles (new)

Charles (charles_edward) | 20 comments Laddie wrote: "I don't know if slogans and logos are still being accepted but...I came up with something.

"

Ooh, Laddie, I love that slogan! Great work.

And I love the new profile pic, too. Nice 'do!

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) @Matt Thanks. :)

@Charles Thanks on both counts! The style is a mohawk! I love mohawks.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Laddie wrote: "@Matt Thanks. :)

@Charles Thanks on both counts! The style is a mohawk! I love mohawks."

Ummm when are we getting tees? Cause I am wearing mine ALL OVER Ithaca!!!

message 28: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) WOW Laddie, I really like that, it looks great!

message 29: by Sue (new)

Sue | 178 comments Laddie - great slogan! LOVE it!

message 30: by Yvonne (last edited Aug 15, 2011 09:23AM) (new)

Yvonne (ysareader) | 79 comments Lots of good ideas here. When are we doing the poll to pick one?

message 31: by MsMiz (Tina) (new)

MsMiz (Tina) (alias) LAAADDDDD - that is awesomesauce. I would wear that;)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Matt wrote: "I want a t-shirt! I want a t-shirt!!!!!!"

You and me both!! I wish I. Had one to wear to my first GSA meeting tonight. I'd be my In for my master plan of starting an Cornell Uni M/M Romance group....Lad baby we need tees!!

message 33: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) I think we're ready for the poll. So many great designs it will be hard to choose. You guys are amazingly talented. As soon as we pick one, the shirts and other stuff will be ready because the store is already set up for the big group.

I'll post he link to the poll in a few.

message 34: by Lori (new)

Lori  (moderatrixlori) Please take the poll to select which of the logos below you would to represent the group on T-shirts and other merchandise. Votes are anonymous and the results will be posted Thursday.

message 35: by Darkm (new)

Darkm | 171 comments I want a t-shirt too, those logos are just great :)

message 36: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) T-shirts would be great and hoodies. I love hoodies!

message 37: by ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) (last edited Aug 16, 2011 04:51AM) (new)

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Katharina wrote: "T-shirts would be great and hoodies. I love hoodies!"

Oooohhhh I love hoodies too! And Fall is coming in my area, so a hoodie would be awesome. I wonder if there are fitted hoodies. If they had cardigans I would think that I was in paradise.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.