Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

Around the world... Where is every one from...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Just thought this might be an interesting bit... I love finding new friends in new places...
I am from southeast Iowa

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) rural arkansas. north central above little rock

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I'm from Silicon Valley, California (northern part of the state).

BTW, Pamela, my mom was born in Little Rock, Arkansas. :)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I was born and raised in Dallas Texas... Still a Texan at heart if not location :)

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I was born in Orange, Texas! :-) But I was in California b/f I was a year old.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments We also lived in Austin Texas... for about three years our son was born there but we were both born in Iowa so we moved back for him to attend school in Iowa... that was almost twenty one years ago..

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments I wouldn't mind seeing some more of this country. **sigh**

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I live in Central Wyoming. We moved here 6 years ago from Northern California.

message 9: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
I'm on the East Coast!!!

message 10: by Cmccindy2001 (new)

Cmccindy2001 | 2 comments I'm in Albemarle County Virginia :)

message 11: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I was born and raised in Dallas Texas... Still a Texan at heart if not location :)"

Right there with ya Pamela!! I was born in San Antonio, and moved to Oklahoma City about 8 years ago, (gosh, that sounds sooo long ago, longer than I care to remember!) moved here because I met a military man in Austin who was stationed at Fort Hood, from Oklahoma City. We moved to OKC after he got out because funny enough, my dad and stepmom ended up here, so most of our family is here. Texas is my heart though, always will be!

message 12: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Pamela - what town do you live in? My grandparents lived there for decades, spent a lot of summers in Little Rock, (Jacksonville and Sherwood to be exact) and my sister and mom live in Lonoke.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Shell's Bells, I left Texas to join the Navy and see the world and married a sailor. I doubt I'll ever go back to live but I miss it.

I'm up near Heber Springs. Greers Ferry Lake area.

message 14: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I've been there before, as a kid! I don't remember what for, but my grandparents use to drive us everywhere, my favorite was Hot Springs.

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) we lived near Hot Springs for about 2 and 1/2 years. I loved Hot Springs.

message 16: by Daphne (new)

Daphne (dtrumps) southern louisiana

message 17: by Joan (new)

Joan | 5 comments Born in New Orleans,LA, grew up in Pleasantville,NY, lived in Naples,FL and now live in Lynden WA.

message 18: by Marilyn (last edited Jul 07, 2011 06:10PM) (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Lisa Kay wrote: "I was born in Orange, Texas! :-) But I was in California b/f I was a year old."

Incredible! I graduated from high school in Orange, Texas! And now, I live in Southern California!

Was your father in the Navy in Orange?

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Marilyn, I was adopted; but yes, my biological father was in the Navy in Orange.

Small world, isn't it? How long have you lived it Southern California? I grew up there.

message 20: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Lisa Kay wrote: "Marilyn, I was adopted; but yes, my biological father was in the Navy in Orange.

Small world, isn't it? How long have you lived it Southern California? I grew up there."

I have lived in So Cal since 1957. I live in Norco, just west of Riverside along I-15. I go "home" for my high school class reunions and also to visit my Cajun cousins in Kinder, Louisiana. My grandma never learned to speak English.

message 21: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments I'm across the ocean.....Australia

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Oh i love Australia and have always wanted to go there. I have several people i am "friends" with because of the Tv show Mcleods Daughters... I have all the seasons and we had sites where we used to chat and have around the world chats it was so much fun i miss it....

message 23: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Dee wrote: "Oh i love Australia and have always wanted to go there. I have several people i am "friends" with because of the Tv show Mcleods Daughters... I have all the seasons and we had sites where we used t..."

Gosh I haven't watched that show in years. I don't even think they have re-runs on these days. I believe it was filmed in South Australia and I am up North in Queensland. It was a great show.

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments I watch it every now and then to get my Myles fix lol

message 25: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

I'm gonna have to check this out!

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Dee wrote: "I watch it every now and then to get my Myles fix lol"

lol....I've seen him pop up in a few Aussie tv shows and I read recently that he has teamed up with Sam Worthington (Avatar) and Xavier Samuel (Twilight: Eclipse) for a movie....that's a lot of Aussie hotties!

message 27: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Will have to check that movie out for sure!

message 28: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (kathyanne) Born and raised in the City of Angels (LA)

message 29: by Megan (new)

Megan | 9 comments Iowa, in the Quad Cities/Iowa City area

message 30: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Marilyn wrote: "I have lived in So Cal since 1957. I live in Norco, just west of Riverside along I-15. I go "home" for my high school class reunions and also to visit my Cajun cousins in Kinder, Louisiana. My grandma never learned to speak English. "

I love that Cajun accent! There has been some discussion in someone's (Saly's) review of Lucky's Lady (Doucet, #2) by Tami Hoag . Have you read that one?

message 31: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Yay Megan another Iowan.. i was beginning to think i was the only one... from Ottumwa here...

message 32: by Marilyn (last edited Jul 19, 2011 06:56PM) (new)

Marilyn (mbk1857) Lisa Kay wrote: "Marilyn wrote: "I have lived in So Cal since 1957. I live in Norco, just west of Riverside along I-15. I go "home" for my high school class reunions and also to visit my Cajun cousins in Kinder, Lo..."

No, I have not read that book. As far as the Cajun accent thing, I was taught to avoid it and shun it at all costs. One's social standing and educational status was determined by whether you said "this" instead of "diss" or "that" instead of "dat". The same thing goes on today regarding Mexican or Latino accents. To be from the barrio is not so bad in and of itself; it's just not wise to sound as if you just stepped out of it. Same goes for "jive" talk. My father grew up speaking both languages at the same time: French at home, English outside the home. Other than the usual Southern drawl, he had no accent.

message 33: by Megan (new)

Megan | 9 comments Dee wrote: "Yay Megan another Iowan.. i was beginning to think i was the only one... from Ottumwa here..."

You're not too far away from me. Every so often I see someone from Iowa on GR's, but not too often. Nice to meet you :)

message 34: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Marilyn wrote: "As far as the Cajun accent thing, I was taught to avoid it and shun it at all costs. One's social standing and educational status was determined by whether you said "this" instead of "diss" or "that" instead of "dat"..."

Ahhh... something else romanticized by Hollywood.

message 35: by Moran (new)

Moran | 3 comments I'm from Israel- I just love Jill's books and can't wait to read Animal Attraction and Head Over Heels.
I pre ordered them both months ago and I'm counting the days until I'll get them.

message 36: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) Hi moran! I haven't read those books yet, but will in time! Hope you enjoy them!

message 37: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Welcome Moran!! Glad to have another fan with us!

message 38: by Dee (new)

Dee | 44 comments Hi Moran...

message 39: by Moran (new)

Moran | 3 comments Thank you for the warm welcome :)

message 40: by Joan (new)

Joan | 5 comments Lynden WA on the Can/Am border ;)

message 41: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

HiJoan! I'm on the East Coast, not too too far from Canada!

message 42: by Joan (new)

Joan | 5 comments Hi Bekah! Are you in Maine or NY? I grew up in NY

message 43: by Diana (new)

Diana (dindongbell) Hi, everyone. :) I was born and raised in the Philippines, and then my family moved to the States, and we've been in San Diego ever since.

message 44: by Ada (new)

Ada (miss_spell) | 18 comments I'm from Canada (Manitoba!!) :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Originally from NYC but living in Wash DC right now.

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 5 comments Michigan

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin | 1 comments Southern Belle at Heart from Mississippi

message 48: by Denise (new)

Denise Live in and love Arizona.

message 49: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) I am from central Ontario Canada.

Trish-Sunshine Reads (trish-sunshinereads) | 1 comments South Dakota

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lucky's Lady (other topics)