This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate being dropped

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Two people have dropped me from their friends list in the past couple of days. I don't think I've ever been dropped before, and I still can't figure out who the first one was. How am I going to make it to 100 friends at this rate?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Dave, you must either keep records, or let it drop. People drop me all the time. It's only hurt my feelings one time. I drop people if they haven't logged on, if I never talk to them, if they read chick lit primarily, etc. It's no big deal. I think a couple of Haters should step up and request you, though. Come on, Haters. I'm already friends with the fabulous, witty Dave.

message 3: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Thanks Sarah, that's nice of you. I just think it's weird it happened twice in a week after having never happened before, and I hate not knowing who the first person was.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You know who the second one was?

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) tell us

message 6: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick I would add you, but to be honest, I would probably drop you right away because now it would be too funny not to.

message 7: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Somebody who randomly requested me a few weeks ago. She wasn't in any of my groups and we hadn't really interacted.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin oh... i'd request you but
A) i'd probably pull an EvilNick
and
B) you probably don't want my random jibberish from other groups

Servius  Heiner I am sensing some serious co-dependency issues here Dave. So yeah, I don't need that drama.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Give me a break!!!!!!

Servius  Heiner what do you need a break from?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

You should be Dave's friend. He's not going to come into your office and try to make small talk.

Servius  Heiner I don't know... I have seen this thread from him in two groups... that scream of desperation. And I am not sure how I feel about you running around bullying people into being his friend. Perhaps if he were to become a little more hateful I would consider it. You know, just saying, just throwing it out there.

Also I don’t think I should encourage someone to believe that acceptance through numbers is better then a solid core of real friends. A handful of real friends or a hoard of nameless folk you don’t know…

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, Nick, fine. Dave doesn't need me doing PR work for him.

Servius  Heiner I'm glad we agree. Honestly it just re-enforced the feelings of desperation that he was giving off.

Wow this duder is so pathetic that he has to have Ms. Nice pants make all the neighborhood kids go play nice with him...

That tactic never worked well in grade school and I don't think it will work out to well here either.

message 16: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell Yes, it's my loss, I'm sure.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Hee hee.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Don't worry, Dave. If he gives you any trouble in the neighborhood, I've got a switchblade. Which was your idea, if you remember.

Servius  Heiner Look if you really need to be coddled then I sugest this great group.

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

message 20: by Lori (new)

Lori Dave you've got 65 friends, more than you can keep track of, whaddya worried about!

I clean up my friends list from time to time and drop the randoms I never talk to, I like having my home update page willed with comments I can keep track of.

message 21: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell I think this thread kind of undercuts the premise of the group:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori Start something like this, http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

Servius  Heiner Well you know were just about everywhere Dave. Thus the importance of having thick skin and a big gun.

Only an arrogant choad would bring a knife to a gun fight.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.