Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > Random Sharing >> job interviews and other urgent yet non-sequitor updates **Heidi, get in here!*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 520 (520 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh no, Barb!

My air conditioning broke early today. I had to pay the service tech to come out at Sunday rates to replace a $24 part. Total bill was $209.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Barb is this a good thing for you or bad? I would like to be unemployed but I can't afford to be.

message 3: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Larry wrote: "Oh no yes, Barb!"

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Larry wrote: "Larry wrote: "Oh no yes, Barb!""

Tee hee!

Bummer about the air conditioner Larry.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yup. Thanks. Could've been a lot worse.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I've started painting the interior of our house this weekend, it needs a spruce up. I don't like the colour I chose. Thankful I only purchased a sample to start with. It looked nice until I started painting. The colour was Antique White USA. On the walls it looks kinda grey.

message 7: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I hate painting. I would rather have someone beat me.

Hope you find the right color colour.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24258 comments Mod
Good luck, Barb. I'm glad to hear getting laid off was actually a good thing for you...

I can relate, Gail. Once you start painting it always looks different from the swatch. Painting is hard. I found that it used most of my muscle groups, which I wasn't expecting. Still, I'd rather paint than be beaten.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I am not sure which I would prefer. I think the beating, it would be over with much faster. I hope I find the right colour quickly, the sample pots cost $11.00. :(

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) The motorcycles and fireworks are quite loud in the city this evening. Stupid fireworks. Stupid motorcycles.

message 11: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Enjoy your summer Barb.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Isn't a little early for 4th July celebrations?

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It goes on all weekend.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Parades will generally be tomorrow. Fireworks, tonight and tomorrow night. Picnics, constantly.

message 15: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments I'm jealous Barb! Best of luck to you & enjoy your summer. sigh.

I applied for a new job recently- it would be THE job for someone like me. Close to home, I'd rarely have to work weekends or nights, and I'd pretty much be able to make my own schedule. It's significantly more money too, plus I'd get to keep my pension & benefits. It's rare that they hire from outside, however- so I'm not holding my breath.

message 16: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Larry wrote: "I hate painting. I would rather have someone beat me.

Hope you find the right color colour."

I hate painting. I would rather beat Larry.

message 17: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments I'd rather beat Larry while someone paints my house. I dream of Barb's apple green in my kitchen.

message 18: by ms.petra (last edited Jul 04, 2011 12:50AM) (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Gail «Cyborg» wrote: "Isn't a little early for 4th July celebrations?"

since the 4th falls on Monday this year, most of the big fireworks shows have already happened. wouldn't want to inconvenience someone who had to get up and go to work Tuesday am (like me!)
like LG said, pretty much the entire weekend beginning Friday afternoon has been a big party/bbq. my white trash/red neck fireworks were a blast!

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) My dog hates fireworks.

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Helena wrote: "I'm jealous Barb! Best of luck to you & enjoy your summer. sigh.

I applied for a new job recently- it would be THE job for someone like me. Close to home, I'd rarely have to work weekends or n..."

Good luck, Helena!

message 21: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) Good luck on landing that job, Helena!

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) We're in your corner Melanie.

message 23: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments We'll keep our fingers crossed for you Helena.

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
Most all of my bras were purchased in the mid to late 90s, with the exception of my one bra purchased for my wedding.

My one white one just bit the dust out of nowhere, the wire came jamming into my right breast. Damn it all. Can't my bra randomly break two months AFTER my paychecks begin, not before?

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Well they are nearly teenagers...

I took out an unworn bra recently that I'd bought a looooong time ago. I'm not sure how long, but more than 5 years. Possibly as long as 10 years. I cut off the tags and put it on. That night when I took it off, all the rubbery elastic bits had disintegrated onto my skin and I had to throw out the bra and cleanse myself.

message 26: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) did you even need a bra in the mid 90's Sallers?! Geez, I buy bras a couple of times a year. Maybe because I wear a uniform, I like to change up what is underneath.

message 27: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Thanks all for your kind wishes! :D
--

I can’t believe your bras last that long Sally! I buy a whole slew of new bras at least every two years. I have some ‘fancier’ strapless or special occasion type bras that I’ve had longer. What kind do you buy??

I just got a few new ones from La Vie En Rose with magnetic front closures that are working out surprisingly well. Not sure if they sell them in the US, but they do have a website. They’re called magnetic attraction or something.

http://www.lavieenrose.com/webapp/wcs...

message 28: by Zen (new)

Zen (zentea) | 515 comments Helena wrote: " ...from La Vie En Rose..."

The model is scary looking. Scary fake smile.

message 29: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Oh, yes she does look a bit scary.

message 30: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Did anyone else buy these Natori bras which have a clear plastic connector at the front? They actually hook in the back, though. I thought for sure the plastic part would break, but I've had two of these for at least 3 years and they're still going strong.

[image error]

message 31: by Sally, la reina (new)

Well, Petra and Helena, I barely ever wear the things, or when I do I tend to wear one day in and day out for weeks.

But I did spend the last two years first gaining 50 pounds and then losing 50 pounds, so it's been a while since I've fit into this one.

message 32: by Sally, la reina (new)

ANd Lg, That is the exact bra I boughht for my wedding, but in taupe! I love it!

message 33: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uh....nothing

message 34: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Good restraint Kev.

message 35: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Barb wrote: "I can't conceive (a) my bras lasting me more than a decade, or (b) magnet closures holding ... that's gotta be a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.
I buy 2 or 3 every few months - no more tha..."

We always want what we can't have, *sigh.* I spent most of my teenage years wishing I wasn't built like a boy, but I'm coming to like myself more these days. My bras last quite a while, since they don't have a lot of strain, lol. I do have a wonderbra for the occasional bit of oomph.

message 36: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I'm with you, Barb!

message 37: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm glad I don't have tiny titties, but I can't imagine needing multiple new bras a few times a year either!

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments got back just in time. continue.

message 39: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments IBTC

message 40: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Is there a special brain (boob?) sensor that allows guys to know when the boobs are being discussed and/or shown? Or is it just luck? I think my husband and roommate can sense it in the air one floor up and down the hall from the TV.

message 41: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yes. the latin word for it is the receptoris melonous. my eye twitches every time i hear the words katy perry

message 42: by Sally, la reina (new)

bras.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

why can't we invent a wire bound penis holder that will prop in a horribly uncomfortably manner a man's unit up in the air so that it's length and girth is constantly on display for interested individuals to admire/analyze/enjoy at their leisure?

message 44: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments working bras?

message 45: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments Sally wrote: "why can't we invent a wire bound penis holder that will prop in a horribly uncomfortably manner a man's unit up in the air so that it's length and girth is constantly on display for interested indi..."

It would have to have some flexibility, as the length and girth change on a nearly constant basis.

message 46: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) Isn't that why they invented velcro?

message 47: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "working bras?"

Yes. No one likes a lazy bra.

message 48: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sally wrote: "why can't we invent a wire bound penis holder that will prop in a horribly uncomfortably manner a man's unit up in the air so that it's length and girth is constantly on display for interested indi..."

I thought that women wore bras in part because if everything was bouncing all around women could get uncomfortable. A penis, on the other hand, can bounce around all day without any ill effects.

message 49: by Félix (last edited Jul 06, 2011 06:16AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "working bras?"

Heavy haulers.

message 50: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Sally wrote: "why can't we invent a wire bound penis holder that will prop in a horribly uncomfortably manner a man's unit up in the air so that it's length and girth is constantly on display for i..."

Yes and no. For those who have a lot of bounce-age to worry about, they're utilitarian. For those of us who don't, it's expected for propriety's sake more than utility. Or just to make it look like we have more than we really do, which for some guys I guess could be a plus to the penis-bra.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11