Simply Irresistible Jill Shalvis discussion

The Basics > Comments, Issues & Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Bekah (bekah317) | 246 comments Mod
Any issues or suggestions, post them here!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Can u do a fave quote thread?

message 3: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

What a great idea!! Why don't you start it? Anyone can open threads.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) do u have a perference on where I stick it? under books? or basics?

message 5: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

There is a fun and games folder I made already but haven't had anything to stick in there yet. I think this fits!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) ok

message 7: by Shelly (new)

Shelly (shellye77) I like the quotes idea!

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Am feeling extremely frustrated at being an Australian at the moment. Getting very excited about the release of Head Over Heels next month so decided to check the status of my Book Depository order which states the book will be released in 70 days......70 days!!!!....that's January next year. Double checked Jill's website and Amazon which is suggesting publication date is 22 November. So I emailed Book Depository just thinking they may not have updated their site. No no no their reply was that the book will be made available to them in January next year and will be posted to me at that time but I can cancel my pre-order if I like. So I can pay 4 times the price and order through Amazon (don't get me wrong Jill's books are so worth it) but with a husband changing careers and limited income its really not an option.

Add to that Small Town Christmas isn't available to Australia either .... I'm feeling like I'm living in a third world country.

I've never had one single issue with Book Depository in the years I've been ordering from them.....but have had a few little hiccups lately and I'm just wondering if it has anything at all to do with the fact that Amazon have bought them out. So disappointing.

Sorry for the whine girls....

message 9: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Oh man Karen!!! I'm so sorry to hear that!! I hate it when something I really want is out of my reach. Waiting for gems like new releases by favorite authors is hard enough but when you know everyone else has their grubby little fingers on them already is worse!!!!

I hope the status changes for you! Keep us posted!

message 10: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Bekah wrote: "Oh man Karen!!! I'm so sorry to hear that!! I hate it when something I really want is out of my reach. Waiting for gems like new releases by favorite authors is hard enough but when you know everyo..."

Thanks Bekah.....there are those authors you have in your bookshelf that you just want to read their next release the minute it comes out....and there is a little bit of torture involved in reading everyone's reviews whilst you're just waiting for your copy to turn up. A few weeks I could handle but waiting for Head Over Heels will be a few months. I'm still waiting for Kristan Higgins new novel to arrive and it has been out a few weeks. Jill's new releases are not available on Kindle in Australia either.

I'm kind of hoping that Book Depository will just get a delivery of Jill's new book when it is released in a week or so.....frustrating!!!

message 11: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (last edited Nov 13, 2011 05:27AM) (new)

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you!!!

message 12: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenbarr) | 13 comments Oh ladies I'm trying not to get too excited but just got an email from Book Depository to say that the publisher has now made available pre-orders for Head Over Heels.........a little yee ha from me.

Being that my orders seem to be taking a month or more to arrive there is still a wait.....but at least its not a wait until January next year.

Things are looking up!!!!!!!

message 13: by Bekah, I wanna get Jax wasted! (new)

Oh my gosh!! Fantastic news! **keeping my fingers crossed!!!! **

message 14: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) So It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) by Jill Shalvis is soon to be released. Does any one have any peeks, tidbits or news about this book?

message 15: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments Hey there. I have excerpts and news about It Had To Be You on my site. www.jillshalvis.com

Also, if you order the Kindle or Nook version, you get a free copy of Blue Flame (an older book of mine) to go with. :)

Best, Jill

message 16: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments Oh and also, I have a Pinterest board on the book here, just to amuse myself:

http://pinterest.com/jillshalvis/book...

:)

message 17: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Jill I love your pinterest board and have repinned from it often...You male pictures are true, good men that seem to enjoy life, love and family...Love it.

Thank you so much for the links and for taking a minute to help me.

message 18: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Ohhh and did I say HOT!!!

message 19: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Oh! Man-oh-man!

from Jill's Pinterest board for It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) by Jill Shalvis

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Y.U.M.

message 21: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Love that board!! Think you and I can take away those worry wrinkles LK?

message 22: by Jill (new)

Jill Shalvis (jillshalvis) | 29 comments So glad you're liking my Pinterest page! :) There's a lot more there where this guy came from, lol.

Also, make sure to come my daily blog, I have a lot of giveaways. And also more cute guys. And in today's case, bears.

www.jillshalvis.com/blog

message 23: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) I read it often Jill. I enjoy the friendly way you speak with us and share your days. Your view of the world is heart warming.

message 24: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments ☼sunny☼ wrote: "Love that board!! Think you and I can take away those worry wrinkles LK?"

Yes!

message 25: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 165 comments Love the candid pics, Jill.

message 26: by Maariyah (new)

Maariyah Pea (Bookmongrel) | 2 comments o all those who find Jill shalvis books Simply irresistible!
Now, dedicated fans, I'm a newbie and have never read any of her books before. I wanted to start on her lucky harbor series, but I don't know which one to start on! I've checked out the ratings and the last in the series has the highest and I wanted to start on one that would make me love the series but also one that wouldn't spoil the other books either. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to read the entire series at the moment, juggling uni and Working hours but I desperately need something to sizzle up my weekends. Any suggestions?