Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Series Read: Status check for A Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire series read

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Just curious where everyone is for this series read?

Karen  (EarthAngel2911) (karens_923) | 119 comments Well, I went out and purchased the first book in the series and had all intentions of starting it on June 9th with everyone else, but that time has come and gone. I guess I'll just have to go at my own pace and visit the buddy read thread as I go along. :-)

message 3: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1193 comments I'm ready for Book 2!

message 4: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Me too!

message 5: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 22, 2011 09:04AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Where is everbody?

message 6: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jul 20, 2011 07:02PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments I just need to do today's reading on A Clash of Kings, but you probably know that since I haven't answered the daily questions yet. :) My plan is to continue on with the next book, A Storm of Swords with the "buddy read" or whatever it is we are calling it.

message 7: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1193 comments That's my plan too! August 1?
Finished CoK on Wed. More adventures to come!

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I wish I was as far as yall! I am still on Game of Thrones, somewhere around page 400. Can't remember. I like it a lot. Right now it is just hard for me to read. Searching for a job, getting used to living in the big city again (the easiest part by far) and living with my mom for the moment is all quite distracting. I was very happy to see the extensive character list in the back of my edition though. It makes reading this book at my present "stop and go" pace a lot easier.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura I'm actually way ahead (just finished A Feast for Crows and going to buy the new one this weekend), which is why I sometimes decline to answer questions.

So I'm excited for the group to start A Storm of Swords!

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I'm on pg 652 of A Game of Thrones. Jeez! I hate when other things get in the way of finishing a book. I should have it done this weekend though. I won't be getting A Clash of Kings until next weekend.

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Carol wrote: "I'm on pg 652 of A Game of Thrones. Jeez! I hate when other things get in the way of finishing a book. I should have it done this weekend though. I won't be getting A Clash of Kings until next week..."

I'll still respond to your answers, if you want to post them, Carol. I'd love to read your thoughts.

message 12: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1193 comments Me too! I love seeing everyone's insights and opinions.

message 13: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I like how we each can have an inkling about something and somehow among us we can knock it down or come up with something more plausible than we could as an individual.

message 14: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Lisarenee wrote: "I like how we each can have an inkling about something and somehow among us we can knock it down or come up with something more plausible than we could as an individual."

Yes, Lisarenee, that's what I like too. You ladies make my little grey cells start working overtime!

message 15: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Jul 23, 2011 08:24AM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I have the questions, so I'll post my answers as I finish chapters. :)

My hubby has Thurs off and we're taking the kids to see Harry Potter. The cinema is near B&N, so I'll pick up A Clash of Kings after the movie and before we hit the new Red Lobster. Yay!

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Just realized...should pick up A Storm of Swords while I'm there!

message 18: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1193 comments Just downloaded A Storm of Swords to my Nook. I'm ready to go! :-)

message 19: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I'm going to try to break the chapters down today.

message 20: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments I'm ready. :)

message 21: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 248 comments I've got to do a break between these big books. A lot of my library requests are coming in and I need to read at least 10 more books before jumping back into Martin's world.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I need to read CoK first, but I'm almost caught up on library book deadlines. I just have 6 books out from Booksfree.com and of course, I just had to start Ghost Story today. lol

message 23: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments If everyone wants to take a month off, I'm fine with that too. I'm flexible. :)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I wouldn't mind starting on 8/10, but if not I'll catch up.

message 25: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 29, 2011 10:50AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Kellyflower, Does 8/10 work for you?

message 26: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 248 comments For those of you following the TV series too, I found a website that's keeping up to date with the HBO series.
http://winter-is-coming.net/

(I couldn't find the post about the Game Of Thrones series or I would have posted it there.)

message 27: by Kellyflower (new)

Kellyflower | 248 comments **also EW is keeping a good eye on whose gonna play who next season:
http://insidetv.ew.com/category/tv-sh...

message 28: by Darcey (new)

Darcey (dmaw) Peeking in on this - have read & finished the series several times, as the books come out... And I play in a MUSH for it. And have the tabletop gaming books. ... Yes, I'm a bit of a GRRM addict. Just a wee bit. :)