Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Servant of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Servant of the Empire
Kelewan Empire Trilogy > Servant of the Empire: Roll Call - Planning to read; first impressions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments I'm planning to read this! Have been waiting impatiently since Daughter. Have it right beside my chair, waiting!

Dawn (breakofdawn) I'll be reading, but it might be a week or two before I can start.

message 3: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I will start tomorrow when I get home from a half-day at work. WooHoo for a long holiday weekend!

Amelia (narknon) | 523 comments I'll be starting this soon. Just finished Midnight Tides last night and am kind of reeling from that book. Once I get grounded again I'll be able to start this one, which I have been looking forward to.

message 5: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I just finished Servant a few days ago. I'm afraid 1 book per month doesn't cut it with these. I'm already halfway through Mistress.

message 6: by Stuart (new) - added it

Stuart (asfus) | 16 comments Planning to read, but could be a way off..

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I plan to read this as well, but it might be a few weeks.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Jim wrote: "I just finished Servant a few days ago. I'm afraid 1 book per month doesn't cut it with these. I'm already halfway through Mistress."

LOL, I felt the same, but managed to restrain myself.

Suzanne | 212 comments I just started it and will be reading it this month. Really enjoying the series!

message 10: by Kara (new) - added it

Kara (sterlink) | 60 comments On page 32!

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Kara wrote: "On page 32!"

Of which book? I'm on p. 173 of Servant. Can hardly put it down!

message 12: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I am about eight chapters in and loving it, especially the expanded viewpoints. In Daughter, we only saw through Mara's eyes for most of the book. In Servant, we get the back-and-forth between Mara and Desio's Game play. Kevin's insights give Mara pause to think and question her own assumptions. I'm looking forward to her continuing education.

Sandra  (sleo) | 1059 comments Jon wrote: "I am about eight chapters in and loving it, especially the expanded viewpoints. In Daughter, we only saw through Mara's eyes for most of the book. In Servant, we get the back-and-forth between Mar..."

Yeah, but I shudder for the ripples through Kelewan culture!

message 14: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Sandra aka Sleo wrote: "Yeah, but I shudder for the ripples through Kelewan culture! "

Anything would be an improvement. Honor at all costs rings hollow without a dash of humility and basic human kindness.

message 15: by Kara (new) - added it

Kara (sterlink) | 60 comments Jon wrote: "Anything would be an improvement. Honor at all costs rings hollow without a dash of humility and basic human..."

Yeah, I think I just read the conversation where Kevin is like (view spoiler)

Anywho, on page 40 of Servant of the Empire (The Empire Trilogy, #2) by Raymond E. Feist ,Servant of the Empire and enjoying.