Creative Reviews discussion

Authors requesting reviewers > Interested in reviews of a dystopian science fiction thriller

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark (wordzero) | 14 comments Hello,

Citizen Zero by Mark Cantrell

I've just joined, feeling my way round a bit, but I'd like to put my novel forward for review.

Citizen Zero is a dystopian science fiction thriller, somewhat Orwellian in flavour, that has a powerful resonance with contemporary political and economic affairs here in the UK. Essentially, we seem to be living the backstory right now.

Here's a quick description:

JobNet was supposed to usher in a better life for unemployed David Mills; instead it plunges him into a bitter struggle to survive when he becomes a pawn in a political conspiracy that pushes Britain to the brink of civil war...

A dystopian glimpse at a future born in an age of austerity and political uncertainty, Citizen Zero is a gripping social satire that exposes our deepest fears and poses a grave warning to any society that abandons the pursuit of social justice...

Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but check out its website at http://www.zerocitizen.blogspot.com and see if it grabs.

The novel is available for Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, Apple devices, and in PDF.

If anyone's interested, then email me at tykewriter@supanet.com and I'll supply a copy in the requested format.

Thanks,
MC

message 2: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal Any print copies available? I absolutely love dystopian novels, but I tend to get distracted with ebooks

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Hi Mark! Welcome to the group! I think that your book looks great!!

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark (wordzero) | 14 comments Hi,

Thanks Cambria.

As for your question about print copies, Anagha, I'm afraid not. I did look into POD as a possibility but the cost per copy proved distressingly high, and that was before the postage costs were factored in. That's not to say a potential paperback version is completely discounted, but I couldn't say when it might become even a glimmer of a possibility. Sorry about that.

Cheers,
MC

message 5: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments How on Earth did I miss this?? Mark, you still looking for reviewers? If you don't mind a bit of a wait (a bit of a backlog on my TBR list), I'd love to read and review this for you! I'll get an email out to you ASAP!

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark (wordzero) | 14 comments Thanks Katy.

Just got your email and zapped you over a copy. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
MC

message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy (katyas-69) | 603 comments Mark wrote: "Thanks Katy.

Just got your email and zapped you over a copy. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
MC"

Thanks!! Got it & responded!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Mark wrote: "Hello,

Citizen Zero by Mark Cantrell

I've just joined, feeling my way round a bit, but I'd like to put my novel forward for review.

Citizen Zero is a dystopian science fiction thrille..."

Hi Mark, you're novel looks really interesting - I enjoy a good dystopian story. I'll send you an email shortly if you are still looking for reviews.