Grown up Twi-hards! discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (last edited Jun 29, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Stephen (havan) Hi all:

I was born and raised in Michigan and moved to Florida after college. While I loved the weather I needed a to relocate to pursue career objectives and ended up living in Manhattan for 20 some years. It really is the center of the universe! I loved it but after my office was destroyed on 9/11 I re-evaluated and a few years later decided a year of walkabout would do me some good. I relocated to St. Pete cause it was cheaper and I've loved being semi-retired ever since.

I read Twilight in January of last year and loved the story. I also loved that Stephenie Meyer was a good storyteller but NOT a great writer. It made me feel that I could be a published writer if I just stuck with it.

I have been working on a novel and you can see a few preliminary chapters at http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/1... Though it needs a major rewrite, I'd love any feedback you might want to offer.

Looking forward to plenty of good discussions here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Stephen wrote: "Hi all:

I was born and raised in Michigan and moved to Florida after college. While I loved the weather I needed a to relocate to pursue career objectives and ended up living in Manhattan for 20 s..."

Enjoyed reading at your link. We went out of town for a day and I am still worn out from our short but fun jaunt.

I am an Air Force brat who traveled all over so not sure where I am from exactly. I change my mind every few years. I live in the most beautiful place on earth which is Colorado.

Happy 4th,
Alice

Tuesday's Child (nicolir) | 8 comments Hello Everyone,

I live in sunny South Africa!At the moment we are suffering badly with the cold weather, but Joburg is not too bad.
I earn my living by being an optometrist, which is great 'cause you are chatting to people the whole day.Ideally i would rather spend my days reading on a beach somewhere though.
Hope everyone has a great summer holiday!
TC

message 4: by Tiff (new)

Tiff (toastreads) Hey all!

I'm so excited there is a group for adult Twi-hards because all the squeely fan girls drive me crazy lol. So thank you Alice for telling me about it. Also, I'm very, VERY jealous you've been to Forks. I would absolutely LOVE to go!

Anyways... At the moment I am a stay at home mom/house wife. I would like to take online classes but my ideal jobs are a little unrealistic when it comes to staying in my area and continuing to be the best mother I can be. I enrolled in Daytona Airline Academy to be a Flight Attendant but found out shortly after that I was pregnant and couldn't see myself always being away from home. Ideally though, I would like to get paid to do what I love most: Read! But who wouldn't right? lol I do write. Or try to anyways. I'd love to publish a YA novel or series. Everyone has to have a dream I guess. And like I said, my dream jobs are unrealistic.

I first read Twilight in 2006 and since then I've reread it before the movie,(That I saw in theaters 6 times total. Four times by myself.) and I reread the series after each movie. It started because I would want to go back and compair movie to book but I can't read just one. There's no such thing as too much Twilight for me. I used to check Stephenie Meyer's website often for updates but I've finally grown out of that. I also really like The Host. It'd be great if she'd follow through in making that a series.

I don't really know what to say from here so I'll stop babbling.

Have a "good one!"
Tiff

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mackler-Paternostro (ashmp) | 7 comments Hi All,

My name is Ashley and I live in Chicago Illinois. Thank you Alice for the kind invite to this group--I'm absolutely fanatical about Twilight.

I've visited Forks, going back again (twice) this year. Absolutely cannot wait. The OP is absolutely the most beautiful place in the world by leaps and bounds. It inspired me to write, so now, I'm an author.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Ashley, I just put up my picture in Forks in front of the Cullen house. It rained the whole time we were there which was GREAT. I hardly took my rain coat off.
I bet you have been to this house too. The Cullens were in South America, LOL!

Alice

Tuesday's Child (nicolir) | 8 comments Hi Guys,

We are planning on going to see Forks next year, it will be part of our trip to the States.We are also planning on going to Shi-Shi beach which looks stunning!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

How Exciting! Please give every little detail as nothing is too small for me. Where are you flying in from? The book Twilight Tours can help some with plans. I want to go back again and stay longer this time.

Alice
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tuesday's Child wrote: "Hi Guys,

We are planning on going to see Forks next year, it will be part of our trip to the States.We are also planning on going to Shi-Shi beach which looks stunning!"

message 9: by Beth (last edited Sep 18, 2011 02:03PM) (new)

Beth (vanburren) | 2 comments Hi, all! I'm Beth, and I feel very honored to be invited to this group by Alice Cullen herself! LOL (thanks for the invite "Alice")

I never heard of Twilight (the books) when a friend and I went to see the movie. The place was packed, and just as the opening credits were coming up, some girl screamed "EDWARD!!!!" I'm thinking, who the heck is Edward??? Anyway, I was hooked on the movie (saw it 8 times in the theater), and found out it was a series of books (read them all about 5 times). I've recently set a goal to read at least 100 new books a year, so Twilight has been set aside now, but I'm still a huge fan. The friend that I went to see Twilight with, she and I work together, and we have a Twilight "wall" at work where we've hung Twilight pictures and such. . .

I'm 46 years old, and I'm a Twilight addict. My ringtone on my phone has been set to Bella's Lullaby for the last few years now. I don't see it changing, either.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 18, 2011 03:23PM) (new)

Oh, I want the ring tones on my phone set to Bella's Lullaby too! What an excellent idea. Every night I go to Utube and listen to it and then it plays in my head all night most nights. I didn't last night so I had horrible nightmares that got me up at three am with asthma. I just found a great quote by SM in the book so I added it quotes I like. Here it is:

“It was a weird thing for me, because I don't read vampire books. I don't watch vampire movies. I'm not into the horror genre. I'm a wuss, I'm a scaredy cat.”
― Stephenie Meyer
tags: bedazzled , stephenie-meyer

Beth wrote: "Hi, all! I'm Beth, and I feel very honored to be invited to this group by Alice Cullen herself! LOL (thanks for the invite "Alice")

I never heard of Twilight (the books) when a friend and I we..."

message 11: by Cris (new)

Cris Hello!
My name is Cris and I am obsessed with all things twilight. I was first introduced by a coworker and now she says its all her fault!lol. Anyway I am a 37 year old mother of two boys (12& 8) who are all too aware their mothers obsession with twilight. I am a bank teller and my little cubicle at work is covered with twilight calandars and posters which is always a topic of conversation with my customers. Its great to see im not the only one....

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Cris! I think we would get along great as I am the same. My son is grown and I just put his picture up as I am searching for some of my art work on my hard drive for Sean Quirk.

Alice Cullen

Cris wrote: "Hello!
My name is Cris and I am obsessed with all things twilight. I was first introduced by a coworker and now she says its all her fault!lol. Anyway I am a 37 year old mother of two boys (12& 8)..."

message 13: by Cris (new)

Cris Alice, It's nice to meet you. Thanx for the welcome. I also have bellas lullaby as a ringtone. I also have let me sign from Twilight, Robert pattinsons fab voice of course. Its easy to find them on some of those free ringtone websites or you can download them from your cell carrier.....

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the info on how to do this. Glad you joined us.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 31, 2011 02:12PM) (new)

Happy Halloween everyone! Perfect Chemistry is waiting for me at the library. I wonder if I have enough time to even go pick it up?
I am only half way into October Dreams which is so good. Get a copy if you can.

Perfect Chemistry

October Dreams: A Celebration of Halloween