The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, #1) The Red Pyramid discussion

Does anyone else here find possession creepy?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Jordan i think its cool

Emily Riordan makes a point of saying how awful it is, which kind of alleviates the kind of screwed up I thought of. He's no Satan-worshipper, basically.

Cheyenne Yeah, I do find the possession creepy, especially when the he's trying to get carter to let him take control.

Lindsey I think it's cool as well! I agree wit u Jordan?!??

Lamby wait what bookare we talking about the first or second?
i read the first awhile ago and even though my brother owns the second he wont let me read it so im confused

Lindsey Ummmm....wer talkin 'bout the 1st book, Lamby??!?

Lamby ok yeah i totally understand now (sorry i forgot) that was a really stupid question by me there.
ok so yeah i guess the possession is a bit creepy but i also think its cool

Emily i think its cool! i havent read the second one yet tho either lamby so your not the only one haha

Lindsey No it's totally creepy and satanic....

Lamby cool emily!

Desiree *Primrose* I find nothing disturbing about it

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Emily wrote: "Riordan makes a point of saying how awful it is, which kind of alleviates the kind of screwed up I thought of. He's no Satan-worshipper, basically."

Yep. I think Rick Riordan did that to SHOW you how evil and demented that is. I wouldn't like that kind of a thing to happen to ME. So, just enjoy the series.

message 13: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana I think it's interesting. Not cool, cuz having an alter-ego doesn't tend to be, but it's not creepy either. it's interesting. and a tad peculiar. u could put quite a spin on cleopatra's death with that. Maybe she committed suicide due to insanity from the god in her head? it's fun to play with. I'm kind of neutral about it. I can't say I don't like it. also, it gives the story a point. get the gods the hell out of you, and fast.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) :) L.W.M. Yeah, even if they are powerful.

Lindsey Actually I think it's interesting! I'm 'bout 2 start the 2nd book soon here.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) I've read the 2nd one. It is sooooo cool!

Lindsey Awesome!

Mitchell Mills i think it wud b sorta like schizophrenia...dual personalities fighting you at once...but it would be interesting

The Apocalypse    Hey guys I don't know if you guys noticed but the 1st book in the Kane chronicles is just like the 1st book in the Percy Jackson series.
In Percy Jackson his mother gets captured and is being held by the greek god of the dead. In Kane it's their dad that gets captured and is being held by the EGYPTIAN god of the dead. See what I mean? There's more. Percy and the Kane children are BOTH half god. In Kane they meet a "friend" that takes them to a safe house. In Percy that safe house is camp halfblood. There's a lot of others too.

Now before you haters go hate on me realize that Percy and Kane are supposedly happening at the same time and that it's suppose to be kind of the same. But that doesn't excuse Rick Riordan from using a similar plot. Like the this line I used earlier. (below)

In Percy Jackson his mother gets captured and is being held by the greek god of the dead. In Kane it's their dad that gets captured and is being held by the EGYPTIAN god of the dead.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah. I know. I guess I can't defend that... And you don't have to like Rick Riordan's books, but, maybe picking on a little might get you some fighters.

message 22: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana The Apocalypse wrote: "Hey guys I don't know if you guys noticed but the 1st book in the Kane chronicles is just like the 1st book in the Percy Jackson series.
In Percy Jackson his mother gets captured and is being held..."

there are no messed up gods and magical rivers and chairs of fire in percy, sorry to brake it to u. also, set is the god of chaos. anubis is the god of the dead. which is y his "domain" is the graveyards of the world. in percy they travel around america and and in kane around the world. also in kane, they aren't half god, they're possessed by gods. and they're part pharroh. Also, part of y they might be similar, is because they're both more or less based on myths (the plots), and myths tend to be fairly similar from civilization to civilization. did anybody else catch the percy refference in the second book, or was that just me?

message 23: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana well actually, the dad becomes the god of the dead. osiris. set is chaos. anubis is something to do with dead people as well.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yes. Sorry, I KNEW I was missing something....:) And I think they're all similar because they all took religion bits from ONE religion. So there you go.

The Apocalypse    no no I do like the percy jackson books and Kane. I just think the kane chronicles aren't as good

message 27: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana i love them both differently. the 2nd kane is waaaaay better than the 1st. i liked it more than i thought i would.

Rachel It is really strange in my opinion.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Siyana wrote: "well actually, the dad becomes the god of the dead. osiris. set is chaos. anubis is something to do with dead people as well."

Osiris is god of the Underworld, Anubis is god of Death and Funerals, and Set is god of Chaos.

Fadhilatul The Apocalypse wrote: "no no I do like the percy jackson books and Kane. I just think the kane chronicles aren't as good"

Percy Jackson's better, yes! :)

message 31: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana Catherine the Ninja Squirrel wrote: "Siyana wrote: "well actually, the dad becomes the god of the dead. osiris. set is chaos. anubis is something to do with dead people as well."

Osiris is god of the Underworld, Anubis is god of Deat..."

ya, that... :D

message 32: by Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) (last edited Aug 20, 2011 09:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Rachel DarcyMellarkBriggsPlayDoughHotdogGirl wrote: "It is really strange in my opinion."

Yeah I.D.K. When I read it it seemed like it was too short. I was finished with it in 2 days, and I remember everything that happened, and it was REALLY cool and everything, but, it just seemed like it was missing something....anyone else?

The Apocalypse    I can't say I didn't finish it

message 36: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana that's kinda creepy. i thought about the osiris isis thing, but thought it odd, so i decided to ignore it. I think it best with these books just to ignore those things.

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) :) Yeah. And Catherine, since the characters aren;t acting this way, well, maybe we don't need to talk about it and say this is so this and that is so that.

message 38: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana if you focus on the percy books, those r kinda creepy too... gods are married, and just poseidon can be considered weird. he had lots of affairs before sally jackson. so he has loads of children. they are all related. creeeeepy. there are also the cyclopes. the freaks of nature. poseidon has a kid with water nymph or watever and has a kid with one eye. how does that make sense? all the gods that are married are technically related, and then they have affairs, with other family members. creepy, no? even all of the demigods are distantly related. so, percy's technically dating his distant cousin. funny, ain't it?

Kaleigh - Captain Bubbles ESTP(intj) Yeah, but remember in the myth's it didn't matter with the demi-gods about whose who and what's related. It only matters within their own family (own godly parent I mean).

Ingrid isn't that illegal i mean dating and or marrying a cousin or family member?

message 41: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana mhm. they have to be at least 2nd cousins i think.

Ingrid oh wow but i dont think i'd date a family member unless they'r likee supper hot or distant cuzins lol

message 43: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana um, ewwww. sorry, but no. i have a friend who loves her 5th cousin, but it's different, cuz they're not even blood related or even close. he's her dad's brother's bla bla bla. ya, really distant
:D

message 44: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana um, ewwww. sorry, but no. i have a friend who loves her 5th cousin, but it's different, cuz they're not even blood related or even close. he's her dad's brother's bla bla bla. ya, really distant
:D

message 45: by Phyllis (last edited Aug 20, 2011 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phyllis Do I find possession creepy? Ah, yeah any self-respecting control freak would. I don't condone anyone taking control of my only true possession in life. Me!

Rachel Phyllis wrote: Do I find possession creepy? Ah, yeah any self-respecting control freak would. I don't...

I totally agree, %100!!

message 47: by Ana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ana they weren't fully possessed....

message 49: by Phyllis (last edited Aug 20, 2011 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phyllis Freedom of choice, of will, of self. At the end of the day you are all that you truly own. Everything else is an illusion and can be taken away. Don't be fooled even partial possession is an invasion of self. I belong to me.(:Sorry didn't mean to get too deep, but possession is to close to insanity for me. CREEPY!

« previous 1 3