The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) The Magician's Nephew discussion

Hello

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amarah (new)

Amarah Hello, I am going to use my bookreads now

MizziQ hallo! :)

message 4: by Meghaw3 (new)

Meghaw3 patel whts up pple

MizziQ Wow. :) Lol. I love newbies. :) They make me feel smart. Hey!!!

Anna Lee ^ You didn't like this book?

MizziQ Nope. I hated it. The only one I liked of the series was a horse and his boy.

Natalie loves Orlando Bloom! i hated the series!
well not intirely,it waz ok

Anna Lee *GASP* Aww....this was my favorite kid's series when I was younger.

message 10: by Meghaw3 (new)

Meghaw3 patel tht is such a cute dog

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I think most of the series was good. But the Hoarse and his Boy seemed pointless. It didn't involve the rest of the series or anything!!!

Lesley Arrowsmith That was kind of the point - CS Lewis had created an entire world, and there were lots more stories to be told than just those that involved the Pevensie children. The Horse and His Boy did exactly what CS Lewis wanted it to do - it gave a view of a different part of the Narnian world, from the point of view of someone who belonged there, and gave a glimpse of what the four Pevensies were like as the Kings and Queens of Narnia before they went back through the wardrobe in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
It's actually my favourite of all of them.

Kelly Brigid ♡ kmaefantasy wrote: "I think most of the series was good. But the Hoarse and his Boy seemed pointless. It didn't involve the rest of the series or anything!!!"

I just skipped that book and went right to Prince Caspien! xD Got too bored to continue after the 1st chapter.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Lesley, you have a good point. But the Pevensies were kinda the main attraction. Were all the action happened, the main characters, basically. Demosthenes, I wish I did the same as you. I got totally bored but I thought it would all be epic in the end so I kept reading.

Imaan Iddir I read this a few years ago, when I had more patience with this type of book. It was okay, actually.

Andreas hello

message 17: by Ice (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ice Hi.I liked horse and his boy best and also the last battle ending.

Andrew The Magician's Nephew is the best book of the series in my opinion.

message 19: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Clough MizziQ wrote: "Nope. I hated it. The only one I liked of the series was a horse and his boy."

I am the opposite.
The only one I really hated, and have only read once, is "The Horse and his Boy".
In fact when I bought the series, I deliberately did not buy that one.
I love "The Magician's Nephew".

message 20: by Anne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anne Clough deleted user wrote: "I think most of the series was good. But the Hoarse and his Boy seemed pointless. It didn't involve the rest of the series or anything!!!"

I agree.

Robert D. MizziQ wrote: "Nope. I hated it. The only one I liked of the series was a horse and his boy."

Best book of the series