Teen's Utopian Society ~ bookclub discussion

Let's Talk Books! > Which Book Do You Really Want To Read

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

*TheWrittenWord*Mo (thewrittenwordmo) | 848 comments Mod
Hey guys, with so many new books coming out this year it's getting harder and harder to keep track of the books. So use this thread to tell others of the books you want to read and then others can see them too.!!

message 2: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

Here are some books i'm waiting to read this year:

Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Abandon (Abandon Trilogy #1) by Meg Cabot Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready Beauty Queens by Libba Bray What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare

message 3: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

there's an "add book/author" button just above the comments box, then click the button "cover" on the bottom of the pop-up box and you get the cover of the book you choose :)

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (ptook) I have a whole booklist that is filled with classics :) Because of the BBC top 100 books of all time. I'm trying to read them all.

But, I can't wait for The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 5: by Lauren, The Dreamer (new)

Lauren (lauren-sky) | 513 comments Mod
TheWrittenWord wrote: "there's an "add book/author" button just above the comments box, then click the button "cover" on the bottom of the pop-up box and you get the cover of the book you choose :)"

I don't read classics! Dunno why... I'm probably too fidgety for them. I can't really imagine myself reading Jane Austen anyway :/

message 6: by Lauren, The Dreamer (new)

Melissa wrote: "I have a whole booklist that is filled with classics :) Because of the BBC top 100 books of all time. I'm trying to read them all.

But, I can't wait for The Fault in Our Stars by John Green"

I don't read classics! Dunno why... I'm probably too fidgety for them. I can't really imagine myself reading Jane Austen anyway :/

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) I am desperate to read Everlasting.Everlasting

message 8: by Lauren, The Dreamer (last edited Jul 11, 2011 02:37AM) (new)

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han

Oh, by the way, if there is a book that you really, really, REALLY want to read (or even just slightly want to), don't forget to add it to our book poll!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to read Linger, Crossed and Pretty Little Liars 5-8!

message 10: by Lauren, The Dreamer (new)

I wanna read the very first Pretty Little Liars! My school library has got #2, but not #1, which is stupid.

Luna ❤Thing 5❤ (moonflower3) I REALLY want to read 'Jessica's guide to dating on the dark side. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1) by Beth Fantaskey

message 12: by Maya (new)

Maya (booksmaya) | 10 comments The Help.

message 13: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 2 comments I really want to read Twisted by Gena Showalter
Twisted (Intertwined, #3) by Gena Showalter

message 14: by Jude (last edited Aug 01, 2011 01:42AM) (new)

Jude (judehnd) Wow, I have so many books I want to read! some of the ones I really, really, really want to read are:

Love Story by Jennifer Echols Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray Angelfire (Angelfire, #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton Ripple by Mandy Hubbard But I Love Him by Amanda Grace Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3) by Simone Elkeles

I have the first 2, the third one is on its way *squeal!* and the other three are no where in sight *sigh*

message 15: by Darciejay (last edited Aug 01, 2011 01:48AM) (new)

Darciejay | 5 comments i realllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want to read these books

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare Muse (Mercy, #3) by Rebecca Lim Hades (Halo, #2) by Alexandra Adornetto Emblaze (The Violet Eden Chapters, #3) by Jessica Shirvington Devoted (Elixir, #2) by Hilary Duff

many many more but i thought i'd stop there :)

message 16: by Lauren, The Dreamer (new)

You should add these books to the poll!!!!!!!

message 17: by Juana "Darkness" (new)

Juana "Darkness" Duran | 2 comments I really want Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2) by Shayla Black

Deni's Inkberries (denilady) | 6 comments I can't wait to read The Mephisto Covenant and Ladybird, Ladybird!

How do we add to the poll? :( I have no clue!

message 19: by Kyra (new)

message 20: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) YEAH! Where is the poll?

Harry Potter Film Wizardry by Brian Sibley Silence (Hush, Hush, #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick Hush, Hush, Graphic Novel by Becca Fitzpatrick The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa

message 21: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

Poll button is on the side bar, I'll add these in for now. :)

message 22: by Holly (new)

Holly  (in-interest) | 215 comments I want to read The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset by Suzanne Collins so much and City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 23: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

you haven't read either of them????? :O read the hunger games first if you have them, they make you cry and then you can cheer up reading the mortal instruments!!

message 24: by Holly (new)

Holly  (in-interest) | 215 comments I know :S They seem to be classics in the YA and I haven't read them. Thanks for the advice, I haven't got them yet but The Hunger Games are first on my list :)

message 25: by Lauren, The Dreamer (new)

TheWrittenWord wrote: "you haven't read either of them????? :O read the hunger games first if you have them, they make you cry and then you can cheer up reading the mortal instruments!!"

Didn't I sorta convince you to read the Hunger Games, lol!? :D

message 26: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) I've been trying to work my way through the Man Booker winners (not in any discernible manner however).
So far I have completed
Life of Pi by Yann Martel
and
The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga
(Yes I know two books does not really count as "working my way through" but what can I say? I exaggerate quite a bit.) Next on my to-read list is:
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel

message 27: by nikelover (new)

nikelover | 8 comments A child called it by Dave Pelzer.

message 28: by Holly (new)

Holly  (in-interest) | 215 comments nikelover wrote: "A child called it by Dave Pelzer."

I read that book about a year ago for the school book club (weird choice, i know) and I absolutely loved it. It's so sad though, made my cry.

message 29: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

Lauren wrote: "TheWrittenWord wrote: "you haven't read either of them????? :O read the hunger games first if you have them, they make you cry and then you can cheer up reading the mortal instruments!!"

Didn't I..."

haha yes you did!! and I'm so glad you did, even though i cried my eye out!! =D

message 30: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner Torn (The Missing, #4) by Margaret Peterson Haddix The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) by Pittacus Lore I Am Number Four The Lost Files Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies 0.5) by Pittacus Lore The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms, #3) by Cinda Williams Chima Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater The Medusa Plot (Cahills vs. Vespers, #1) by Gordon Korman (yes i actually like those books)

message 31: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3) by Catherine Gilbert MurdockClockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra ClareThe Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James DashnerThe Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James DashnerTorn (The Missing, #4) by Margaret Peterson Haddix[bookcover:The Son of Neptune..."

there's nothing wrong with them, I want to read 5 of them myself too :)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

i want to read The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra Clare and The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) by Pittacus Lore ..so excited to read them!!

message 33: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (last edited Aug 24, 2011 11:20AM) (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ TheWrittenWord wrote: "Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3) by Catherine Gilbert MurdockClockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra ClareThe Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James DashnerThe Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James DashnerTorn (The Missing, #4) by Margaret Peterson Haddix[bookc..."

i was talking about the 39 clues

*squeels excitedly* eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek I finally got these books from the library!!!!!!!!!!!

[book:Front and Center|483239] and Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater but i just wanna read Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3) by Catherine Gilbert Murdock those are AMAZING books!!!!!!!!!!! I recommend we read then for september!

message 34: by Haley (new)

Haley I haven't read The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins yet, so I'll have to do that. But I really enjoyed reading Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand although I wasn't crazy about the ending.

message 35: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "TheWrittenWord wrote: "Sara-Sadiya =D wrote: "Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3) by Catherine Gilbert MurdockClockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2) by Cassandra ClareThe Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James DashnerThe Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner[bookco..."

oh lol :D

message 36: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) OH MY GOD! Omigod, omigod, omigod! I just realized that the used bookstore in my city has all these awesome old books (and new ones too) for a really low price. I am so going on one of the few shopping sprees (only books and computers are subject to them. Maybe hockey stuff too, rarely) I ever undertake. I can get the entire Booker list from 1994 to 2010 for under fifty dollars! How cool is that?

message 37: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

The entire Booker list??? 17 books for less than 50?!?! Wow :O

message 38: by lafon حمزة (last edited Oct 08, 2011 01:21PM) (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) Lips Touch by Laini Taylor
I just got this book and tomorrow I'm not doing anything until I finish it.

Laini Taylor has got to be one of my most favourite authors of all time.
Now that I think of it the first ARC I ever got was her first book in the Dreamdark Chronicles Blackbringer

Also I'm reading Thirst No.1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood and Red Dice. Should be finished with this one soon.

message 39: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ i got The Lost Stories and The Son of Neptune! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus a complete set of Sherlock Holmes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 40: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

So you reading the Thirst series afterall Hamzah? cool :)

the COMPLETE set of sherlock holmes?? awesome :D

message 41: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Yeah COMPLETE! lol I cant wait to read it! i just finished the Lost Stories and now have to right a review.

message 42: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

AWESOME :D

message 43: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ wrote my review and am now finally reading THE SON OF NEPTUNE!!!!!!!! love it

message 44: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

son of neptune is from heroes of olympus right??

message 45: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ yeah that's the sequel series to Percy Jackson

message 46: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

that's what i thought but i wasn't sure, yeesh i have to start reading percy jackson and stop putting it off to read something else :/

message 47: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ lol i love percy jackson a lot of people do. but there are a few who didn't but i noticed they were the ones who read really mature books. probably didn't like that PJO was kiddish. though that's what i love about it. ^^ a fun and quick read

message 48: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

i guess. doesn't really matter to me either way, i read both, mature and kiddish, actually it's the perfect destription of the books i'm reading at the moment. Soulless is a real adult book, but The Mediator Series is more a young teeny book :P
the main reason i just haven't started percy jackson yet is because there's always another book i want to read first, like Die For Me and now Soulless :P

message 49: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ *shakes head* well you should read it I really enjoyed it and hope you do too. and I read YA books i don't think i've read anything to mature, not that it matters the books i read are just fine for me. ^^

message 50: by *TheWrittenWord*Mo, The Believer (new)

*bows head in shame* I will I promise, by the end of the month I will have read all 5 percy jackson books :D

That really depends on your outlook on 'mature' i guess, i just see it as adult protagonists really :P
and anything I read i enjoy and then either love or hate at the end ;)

« previous 1