Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > Janice asks: "what did you adopt 5-10 years after everyone else?"

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
Just to compliment the other thread.

I didn't watch cable until the late 90s. And then I freakishly loved it.
I didn't discover Adele until "Rolling in the Deep" appeared on a Shebang this year. I guess everyone else found her years ago?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24262 comments Mod
I didn't start watching the Sopranos until several years into it, and then on tape.

DVD player. Elliptical machine. I put off getting a cellphone until very late in the game. (4th quarter.) Because I loathed them. I didn't get a coffee machine until I was given one.

Showering. Drinking water. Drinking beer.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Yes - I don't know when most children switched from baths to showers, but showers always seemed more adult, and I kept on immersing myself in the baths of childhood until my early teen years, I think.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I never adopted the water craze of lugging a bottle of water with you wherever you go, but I did eventually get a Brita pitcher, and now I drink water almost exclusively.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Ive still never watched The Sopranos.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I haven't finished watching. All the video stores went out of business when I still had a couple seasons left. You should watch it, Sally. So good.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Pierced ears.

Didn't get my driver's license until I was 20.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Law & Order.

message 9: by Sally, la reina (new)

I didn't get into Harry Potter. I read four books in 2002 and that is it.

message 10: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments I didn't get an iPod until two years ago, and that was a gift from someone who was upgrading. I mess around with it every two months or so... LAME.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I still don't own an iProduct of any kind.

message 12: by Sally, la reina (new)

I don't have a flat screen tv.

message 13: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Gail «Cyborg» wrote: "I still don't own an iProduct of any kind."

Nor I.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Sally wrote: "I don't have a flat screen tv."

Moi neither.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

A picture of LG as a kid.

[image error]

message 16: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Jun 28, 2011 10:28PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) LG was an amish boy? Suddenly it's all starting to make sense.

message 17: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

How well I loved life on the farm, and my bowl haircut.

message 18: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I didn't start watching the sitcom "Sex in the City" till after the first movie came out.

message 19: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Sex and the City and Facebook.

message 20: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments And showering, we just had a bath.

message 21: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jun 29, 2011 06:05AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Bones. I'm on season three, just watched the episode where Brennan dresses like Wonder Woman. Yee-ha.

Coffee. I didn't start drinking coffee until my late thirties. What was I thinking?

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Better late than never.

message 23: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I had never used a blackberry until 2006. All that thumb typing was difficult to master.

message 24: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments I never really drank until I was over 21, I got a Mac last year (which I now love) so I was late to that party. Ditto with Ipod and the I-Phone. I'm not tech savvy in the least, so I am just really beginning to embrace and enjoy newer technology.

message 25: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments I didn't have a phone capable of texting until about 3 years ago. Also joined Facebook way later than everyone else I know, and I still don't use it much. And I didn't read His Dark Materials (Golden Compass, et al) until a few months ago, despite all the buzz when the trilogy first came out.

message 26: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Dr Who.

message 27: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments Friday Night Lights. Just watched the first disc of the first season. It is terrific.

message 28: by Annie (new)

Annie (agrunwe) I'm 18 and don't have my driver's license, I've never had a flat screen tv and in fact didn't have any kind of tv until I was 8. Seeing as I'm 18 now, I was quite the outsider as a kid :P
Not to mention I'm always a year or two behind with fashion...

message 29: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) janine wrote: "Sex and the City and Facebook."

I was a late bloomer with Facebook as well. One of my friends sent me an invite and I thought, "What the hell do I want this crap for?" It was probably a year later that I signed on. My first message was from her, "It's about time!"

message 30: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I still don't have a smartphone of any sort. I started watching Buffy in season 5, though I quickly caught up thanks to my friend's VHS tapes of the whole series.

I'm only up to David Tennant when it comes to Doctor Who. Only recently watched the Wire.

message 31: by Michael (new)

Michael Jim wrote: "Dr Who."

Me too. I'm just about up to Jon Pertwee.

message 32: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

janine wrote: "And showering, we just had a bath."

We? Who are you bathing with, janine?

message 33: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm a Facebook never-adopter.

I watched a few Sex and the City episodes at least 5-7 years after they aired. I couldn't take that many.

message 34: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "janine wrote: "And showering, we just had a bath."

We? Who are you bathing with, janine?"

Once upon a time I bathed with my brother and sisters.

message 35: by Félix (last edited Jun 30, 2011 04:02AM) (new)

Félix (habitseven) Lobstergirl wrote: "janine wrote: "And showering, we just had a bath."

We? Who are you bathing with, janine?"

It's a European thing, I guess. Group bathing, I mean.

message 36: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I thought that was a Japanese thing with the public bath houses.

Angela~twistedmind~ (twistedmind) | 540 comments There are so many things, I'm not even gonna try to list everything. The biggie, though, is anything that concerns technology. I'm not even familiar with many of the things that have been mentioned here.

message 38: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments Whoa. Emm revives a dead thread from 2011. Way to go!

message 39: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments It's been just a year since I got a smartphone. I knew I could never go back once I had one.

message 40: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I didn't get an iPhone until last year. About 5 years behind the time, I guess.